Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #11
just1more
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: weekly chat April 11th- April 17th

Had my 28wk apt yesterday, with an awesome ultrasound. Baby is head down and measuring a wk ahead and 2lb 14oz.

Advertisement

Old 04-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #12
SkyeBattest
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by regenolds View Post
Do you mamas ever look at spinningbabies.com? She shows you how to map your belly to figure out how baby is lying and then there are lots of exercises and such if baby is not in the best position. And tons of info on getting a breech to turn. I did the Chiro a lot with my last babe who would flip all over. He would even go transverse toward the end. I keep having anterior placentas and posterior babes(they like to face their placentas). When I went to bed he was still posterior but when I woke up he was in the right position and ready to come out! The baby before that decided to come out face up and I do not want to repeat that.
thanks for that website i can totally tell how my little one is now and what is what! how neat!
Skye ~cloth diapering, babywearing, keeping our boy whole, organic loving, crunchy Momma to one cute little boy born 6/22/12 Hunter Wyatt ~ and currently TTC baby #2

ISO: Chelory AI2's

SkyeBattest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #13
b bright
Registered Users
seller

Can your doctors/midwives not tell you how the baby is positioned by touch? My doctor can tell where the butt is and where the back is, etc. he starts feeling the baby a lot towards the end of the pregnancy to make sure it's still in the same position...I always tried to feel like he did, but I can't tell at all. Lol.

I have seen that website before and it still confuses me! Hahah.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:33 PM   #14
regenolds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think it depends on how palpable your belly is. I have no abdominal muscles left...so its pretty easy to feel whats what on my belly. My midwife could tell me right where my baby's head was at my 22 week visit already. I can feel the outline of her foot already too. With a first baby when you have tight muscles still and tight skin I could see how it would be more challenging. I met Gail Tully(the spinning babies lady), she is local to me, and she is so good at figuring out how babies are in there. She does the drawings on mamas bellies at birthy type fairs in town.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:43 AM   #15
Mom2G&J
Registered Users

My Mood:

All of this info is so good. I have been wondering at the position of my baby. I think she's head down with her back along my right side. When I have a strong BH contraction, I can see that my stomach is lopsided with a big bump on that side so I assume it's baby. Or I suppose it could be placenta? However, I do feel smaller movements down below and some stronger movement at the top of my belly. I guess we'll have to wait and see if I'm right about her position.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:51 PM   #16
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

I have an interview with my current first-choice doula for about a week and a half from now and another interview with her possible back-up doula this Monday. I'm excited! I'm finally making progress on the doula search after hitting several obstacles.

Those of you who are using doulas, have you hired yours yet?
Wife to my supportive DH and WAHM to DD Nora (06/10), DS Emerson (07/12), and baby #5 (due 5/16) and my precious babies in heaven: Bennet (died 8/15 at 12 months) and Lucy (miscarried 7/15).
melyndie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #17
edens_mom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by melyndie View Post
I have an interview with my current first-choice doula for about a week and a half from now and another interview with her possible back-up doula this Monday. I'm excited! I'm finally making progress on the doula search after hitting several obstacles.

Those of you who are using doulas, have you hired yours yet?
No.. I'm paranoid about not making the perfect decision! My doula from last time is taking a break. Honestly I'll take anyone who can step in and help my hubby out, but paying several hundred dollars makes it a bigger issue!
Old 04-13-2012, 02:23 PM   #18
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by edens_mom View Post
No.. I'm paranoid about not making the perfect decision! My doula from last time is taking a break. Honestly I'll take anyone who can step in and help my hubby out, but paying several hundred dollars makes it a bigger issue!
I know what you mean! I wish I had reports from past clients telling me in high detail how and why particular doulas were great. But I just have to make a decision based on how I feel about the doulas and what they say about themselves...ahhh...
Wife to my supportive DH and WAHM to DD Nora (06/10), DS Emerson (07/12), and baby #5 (due 5/16) and my precious babies in heaven: Bennet (died 8/15 at 12 months) and Lucy (miscarried 7/15).
melyndie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:55 PM   #19
keegen456
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just got back from my 3D ultrasound. Baby girl is measuring right on and her heartbeat is 158BPM. She is still head up and was not happy about them poking and prodding at her
Old 04-13-2012, 08:12 PM   #20
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

My doctor can tell me but I didn't bother asking him what position she was in at my 26 wk visit because I knew there's still time for her to get into a good position. I just happen to have access to the ultrasound machine to actually verify what I'm palpating. It was actually fun to see that my guess of where her head and spine were correct. I may ask him at my visit in 2 wks what he thinks. When I mentioned briefly to him that maybe at 30 wks she'll be in a good position, he said he still wouldn't be worried about her position at 30 wks since she could still get into position on her own.
luckyducky77 is offline   Reply With Quote