Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-06-2012, 07:49 AM   #11
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Marchkins April Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
I think any leftover March mamas that are overdue have moved over to April. It's too depressing to read your lady's posts with babies on the outside. Overdue, facing NST/BPPs and about ready to give up on my VBAC. There's no end in sight and I think I was a fool to waste so much money traveling 1.5 hrs for appointments.
You were overdue with your first also, right? Some women just gestate longer! Try not to get too down about your VBAC chances. You've already worked so hard; it would be terrible to give up now!

Advertisement

Old 04-08-2012, 01:21 AM   #12
JessicaArizona
Yes...we know what causes it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
We had our lactation consultation appt today. Dax was 8.11 lbs at birth and lost down to 8.3 lbs at the hossie. The day before we came home he gained 3 oz and was up to 8.6 lbs. Today he is five days old and weighed in at 8.10 lbs ALREADY!!!!!! I am so excited! I always hope they're back to birth weight by their two week appt (which they all have been) but I have never had one gain back this fast! I'm so happy that he's nursing so well!!!

We also got his newborn pics taken today then we came home and I cut dh's and ODS hair. I am officially pooped. My incision started to burn towards the end of haircuts so I rested the entire rest of the evening. More resting tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Last edited by JessicaArizona; 07-16-2012 at 08:07 PM.
JessicaArizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:34 AM   #13
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
that picture is so cute and yay for growing!

Going to try to go to church today and maybe my aunt's house for dinner... We'll see anyway.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #14
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Today was Layla's 1 month appointment. She is 10lbs 4oz and 23 in. 97th percentile for height and 76th for weight. I can't believe she is already a month old!!! So crazy!
Old 04-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #15
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphreysmommy View Post
Today was Layla's 1 month appointment. She is 10lbs 4oz and 23 in. 97th percentile for height and 76th for weight. I can't believe she is already a month old!!! So crazy!
I was just going to say, some of you already have one month olds!?!?

Alicia: I hope you're able to deal with that infection before it gets too bad. :/ I know you are probably in a lot of pain.

AFM, everything is going great here. My recovery has been amazing. Seriously don't even feel like I had a baby. Still dealing w/ a little bit of tenderness while nursing; he's got a very tight latch and I have to pull his jaw down at almost every feeding. So far Samuel is pretty mellow; eat, sleep and poop. He's even going a few 2.5-3 hour stretches at night which I GREATLY appreciate. ANd I'm LOVING that all my kids still have nap/quiet time, b/c we all go down together. I've been able to sneak in 2.5 hour naps some days.

I probably need to knock on wood, b/c I'm seriously shocked everything's going as good as it is right now.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #16
wyoming butterfly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Just checking in...all going well here. Tanner is up to about 11 pounds, he is just over 3 1/2 weeks. He slept for a 5 hour stretch last night. I woke up full and got him up to eat. He is in cloth except nights. We have some disposables we want to use before he outgrows them. Other than that he using mostly Alvas OS pockets with a bamboo insert.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #17
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Micah sleeps pretty well at night, also But, he doesn't like to be wet so he "complains" a lot...but I sleep so soundly that he has to get pretty insistent before I will get up. I know that's bad...but I swear this baby pees more than my toddler!

He will be 4 weeks old on monday; that's crazy! I fully expect him to be over 10 pounds. Last friday he was 9.5, so gaining about a pound per week!

Now if only I could LOSE a pound a week...I stepped on the scale the other day and I had GAINED a pound....so I'm afraid to get back on! sigh.

Jessica- Cute photo! thanks for sharing. You must be tired after all of that!

CountryChicMama- Glad everything is going so well for you! That's how it's been for us mostly, also. My daughter has been sleeping all night in her bad (with some intervention of taking her back to her bed, lol), so that is helping my husband to get more sleep, so he's less cranky. Micah likes to be held a lot, but I can put him in a carrier, so that's okay. He doesn't seem to have any digestive issues to make him upset or cry inconsolably, so that's awesome. He still sleeps a LOT.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #18
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Micah sleeps pretty well at night, also But, he doesn't like to be wet so he "complains" a lot...but I sleep so soundly that he has to get pretty insistent before I will get up. I know that's bad...but I swear this baby pees more than my toddler!

He will be 4 weeks old on monday; that's crazy! I fully expect him to be over 10 pounds. Last friday he was 9.5, so gaining about a pound per week!

Now if only I could LOSE a pound a week...I stepped on the scale the other day and I had GAINED a pound....so I'm afraid to get back on! sigh.

Jessica- Cute photo! thanks for sharing. You must be tired after all of that!

CountryChicMama- Glad everything is going so well for you! That's how it's been for us mostly, also. My daughter has been sleeping all night in her bad (with some intervention of taking her back to her bed, lol), so that is helping my husband to get more sleep, so he's less cranky. Micah likes to be held a lot, but I can put him in a carrier, so that's okay. He doesn't seem to have any digestive issues to make him upset or cry inconsolably, so that's awesome. He still sleeps a LOT.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #19
m&m&m
Registered Users

My Mood:
Mavick is 6 weeks and over 11 lbs. He is eating like a champ and still sleeps most of the time. I have to be careful with Michael as he has hit mavick on more than one occasion
m&m&m is offline   Reply With Quote