Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm having an absolutely breakdown :(

I just got a job an hour away and I started last Monday (the second). I worked Monday and Tuesday and then had my CPST training in my town Wed-Fri so I was only commuting out of town for 2 days last week. DD has spent the past 2 nights at my moms, tonight being her 3rd in a row. I just can't take it I am NEVER home. Between when I get home and when I need to be in bed is 3 hours. So I basically grab DD, do the evening ritual (play for a bit, dinner, bath), try to squeeze in stuff that I need to do for me or the house, and then I send her back to my moms. I haven't had her stay with me overnight because I think its unfair for me to have to drag her out of the house before the sun comes up. If I do that it also means my mom has to get up super early. I'm pretty much "taking one for the team" and sending her on to my moms every night. But tonight I just lost it when it was time to tell her goodbye. I burst into tears in front of DD which I hate doing but I didn't want to let her go. I am so so so afraid something bad is going to happen to her while I am gone. I don't even know where she is most of the day and that drives me insane. She's with my mom, I know she is safe. I know my mom uses the car seat right and isn't going to put my DD in danger but I absolutely cannot stand not knowing exactly where she is at all times. DD asked why I was crying and I told her because I missed her so much since I was working all the time now. Then she said "I promise I'll come back" I then had to explain to her that this wasn't her fault. She is so sweet but I hate that she see's how upset I am. The commuting is only temporary as I am signing a lease on a house tomorrow with a tentative move in date around the 1st but I am gonna lose my mind in that time. 3 more weeks of this before we can move...I just can't take it! To top it off there is no guarantee DD will actually move with me at that time either. My mother is helping my grandmother move so she still needs to spend a lot of her time in my hometown so if my mom isn't ready to move too then DD's homebase will still be in my hometown

Thanks for reading..I just needed to get this out.

Advertisement

Old 04-11-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
betsybikes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Hugs! Hang in there. At least you know it is temporary. And thank goodness for your supportive mom!

My mixed lot listed here:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...1#post17149541
betsybikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #3
wlillie
Banned

My Mood:
Re: I'm having an absolutely breakdown :(

wlillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:34 PM   #4
LegendaryMom
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: I'm having an absolutely breakdown :(

So sorry you have to be away from your daughter. I know exactly how it feels to miss your child and want to be there every second of the day. Just know you are also doing something good for her by providing for her, even though it is emotionally difficult. Stay strong, and know that you two will be together soon.
LegendaryMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:48 AM   #5
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Of course you'll make it through the next three weeks. And the three weeks after that, and the three weeks after that. Yes, it sucks...like, royally SUCKS to spend that much time away from the most important thing in your life. But overall these are GOOD changes in your life. They move you forward professionally, giving you more opportunities now and in the future. You knowingly made these changes and sacrifices to give you and your daughter a BETTER life...and you are! From all your other posts, your DD sounds lovely--happy, astute, articulate, etc. Of course she understands that something's up...but at the same time, my niece, who is about the same age as your DD, is capable of understanding why her Daddy is gone for a week or two at a time (he's been doing quite a bit of traveling for work); I'm sure your DD understands, too. And honestly, it kind of sounds like she sees this as being about her (which is age-appropriate)--that you miss her b/c she's going off on an adventure to Grandma's house & don't worry, she'll come back. You're not scarring her, you're not neglecting her. She is surrounded by parents and caregivers who cherish her, and you're making some tough choices right now in order for both of you to have more enriched lives in the long run...that's the RIGHT choice. And the fear? That's either A.) normal but completely irrational b/c you're a mom, or B.) indicative of some Type A personality stuff that you might want to work on before starting a child welfare job...or you'll be by the end of your probationary period . Take care of yourself & that little girl as much as possible--you're going to make it through this!
Old 04-12-2012, 05:26 AM   #6
EveryDayIsANewDay
Registered Users
Formerly: Stacey***ke3
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post
Of course you'll make it through the next three weeks. And the three weeks after that, and the three weeks after that. Yes, it sucks...like, royally SUCKS to spend that much time away from the most important thing in your life. But overall these are GOOD changes in your life. They move you forward professionally, giving you more opportunities now and in the future. You knowingly made these changes and sacrifices to give you and your daughter a BETTER life...and you are! From all your other posts, your DD sounds lovely--happy, astute, articulate, etc. Of course she understands that something's up...but at the same time, my niece, who is about the same age as your DD, is capable of understanding why her Daddy is gone for a week or two at a time (he's been doing quite a bit of traveling for work); I'm sure your DD understands, too. And honestly, it kind of sounds like she sees this as being about her (which is age-appropriate)--that you miss her b/c she's going off on an adventure to Grandma's house & don't worry, she'll come back. You're not scarring her, you're not neglecting her. She is surrounded by parents and caregivers who cherish her, and you're making some tough choices right now in order for both of you to have more enriched lives in the long run...that's the RIGHT choice. And the fear? That's either A.) normal but completely irrational b/c you're a mom, or B.) indicative of some Type A personality stuff that you might want to work on before starting a child welfare job...or you'll be by the end of your probationary period . Take care of yourself & that little girl as much as possible--you're going to make it through this!
LOVE your supportive post!! I second all of this.

Last week my mom went out of town with my oldest for a week, I worked 6 of 7 nights (til midnight), youngest (2.5) spent every night at a babysitters. It was nervewrecking but we made it through it. My kids lived a lot with daddy deployed, they just know it's normal to be without a parent, sad to say. You are doing what is best for you and your DD. Don't think you are failing her. Sounds like she is handling it well which is a GREAT thing!
EveryDayIsANewDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 06:18 PM   #7
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

No advice. Just hugs mama.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:00 PM   #8
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sorry I couldn't make it back to this until now. Thanks for all the support. I ended up not going to work Thursday because after bawling Wednesday night I had the worst headache ever. I was nauseous and had the chills so I just stayed home. I got to see DD more which was awesome

I feel much better today. I talked to my mom yesterday and told her I couldn't handle her flakiness and to me it sounded like she didn't want to move with us anymore. She reassured me that that wasn't the case and she would still do whatever had to be done. It made me feel a lot better! I signed the lease today on my new place and the landlord is awesome. He is a sweet old man who said he would watch out for "us ladies" lol Anyway, thanks again for the all the kind words!