Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #11
armywife70
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Any ideas to make it to term?

I have no words of advice Mama, just wanted you to know that one, your baby is ADORABLE! I LOVE that u/s pic! and second, I will be praying for you and this little to make it to term! Our last little one was born at 35 weeks, labor started at 33, but he was strong enough to come home with me. I am a bit nervous with this new little one...as making it too 37 weeks has gotten slimmer and slimmer for me with each new lo.

Many as I fully understand your concerns! We'd also love to have you in the Nov DD board! They are a wonderful, very supportive group of ladies!

Advertisement

Old 04-14-2012, 02:12 PM   #12
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

After talking to other preemie moms later in life, I really think that the immune system is key in carrying a baby to term- notably, a healthy immune system. Being pregnant is very taxing on the body and immune system in general, and if it isn't strong, the body may not be able to handle it. I don't think you would find many doctors who would say that, but it makes sense to me based on people that I know and research that I've done. For instance, many older women I know that had babies born prematurely now have diagnosed immune issues, like Lupus, fibromyaligia, etc.
It might help to take whatever immune boosters that you can safely take during pregnancy. Probiotics and probiotic foods, no antibiotics or precription meds if possible, natural vitamin C (acerola cherries, red/yellow peppers, or a whole-food supplement), homemade bone broth..all of those are good dietary immune boosters. Your local health food store might have some other suggestions of supplements that can boost the immune system safely during pregancy. Lots of sunlight and Vitamin D3 is also great.
Keep in mind that antibiotics are in the food supply, especially in cafo meat and milk products, so it's best to choose local and organic meat and produce whenever possible. These foods are also more nutritous, so they're doubly helpful.
It's also important to avoid stress whenever possible. Bedrest can be have a very negative and stressful effect on the body, and is not really proven to be helpful in general, probably because prolonged inactivity is not good for the body, pregnant or not. It would probably be most helpful to avoid stressful activities, but keep up moderate activity as long as possible.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #13
BooneNicuMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by armywife70 View Post
I have no words of advice Mama, just wanted you to know that one, your baby is ADORABLE! I LOVE that u/s pic! and second, I will be praying for you and this little to make it to term! Our last little one was born at 35 weeks, labor started at 33, but he was strong enough to come home with me. I am a bit nervous with this new little one...as making it too 37 weeks has gotten slimmer and slimmer for me with each new lo.

Many as I fully understand your concerns! We'd also love to have you in the Nov DD board! They are a wonderful, very supportive group of ladies!
Thank you <3 I have wonderfully come down with a cold. I've come down with them easily lately, I blame the stress and running in every direction. I am going to the doctor tomorrow, or tonight if I get to feeling worse. I know it's paranoid and that it's just a cold, but at this point I wanna make sure things are okay. ( Doctor I mean urgent care, since tomorrow is sunday, and it's way too late today.)

As for Nov DD, I wasn't sure if I belonged on those boards given how my kids are always preterm. I don't wanna be torn apart if I have it in like late August or something I doubt it, but I've come across some unpleasant mothers on here. ( Even though most of my experiences have been positive )

I wanna make it to term so badly.

Abby (11) Hailey (9) Katlyn (6) Savanna (2) Grace (1) Angel baby May 2011, and Angel Baby Dec 25th 2011. & ANNABELLE Oct. 17th 2012!!!
BooneNicuMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:34 PM   #14
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm due a few weeks before you, and like you desperate to make it to term. I'm starting the 17p shots in just under two weeks and really hope it helps get to term. I was so blessed that my 34 weeker only needed two extra days in the hospital and they let me stay and room in with her the whole time, but I'm so nervous that this baby might be earlier and not so lucky. I am resting as much as I can, avoiding sex because I'm scared and sick, and trying to be as healthy as I can. Of course dd and my foster sons keep me busy, but I'm really hoping that I'll get lucky and somehow it's enough to get us there! We can totally talk anytime if you want. I realize my dd was nowhere near as early as yours, but I think the fears are still similar.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:53 AM   #15
armywife70
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooneNicuMama View Post
Thank you <3 I have wonderfully come down with a cold. I've come down with them easily lately, I blame the stress and running in every direction. I am going to the doctor tomorrow, or tonight if I get to feeling worse. I know it's paranoid and that it's just a cold, but at this point I wanna make sure things are okay. ( Doctor I mean urgent care, since tomorrow is sunday, and it's way too late today.)

As for Nov DD, I wasn't sure if I belonged on those boards given how my kids are always preterm. I don't wanna be torn apart if I have it in like late August or something I doubt it, but I've come across some unpleasant mothers on here. ( Even though most of my experiences have been positive )

I wanna make it to term so badly.
Oh Mama! You are MORE than welcome! I KNOW I won't make it to Nov! (We actually have a couple that are due in different months, but will either go early or late..what have you) We have a FABULOUS FB group that grew off our DS one if you'd like to join it too! Just PM me and I can give you all the info. We would LOVE to support you now and until your wee one is born...even if that IS Aug! Then we can support you even MORE!

I also FULLY understand your worries with a cold! I have been very antsy with this pregnancy..and I am *finally* (kindof) starting to calm down a bit. (We had a few losses before this one)

Many to you Mama! I'm here if you ever want to talk!
Old 04-16-2012, 11:57 AM   #16
armywife70
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516 View Post
After talking to other preemie moms later in life, I really think that the immune system is key in carrying a baby to term- notably, a healthy immune system. Being pregnant is very taxing on the body and immune system in general, and if it isn't strong, the body may not be able to handle it. I don't think you would find many doctors who would say that, but it makes sense to me based on people that I know and research that I've done. For instance, many older women I know that had babies born prematurely now have diagnosed immune issues, like Lupus, fibromyaligia, etc.
It might help to take whatever immune boosters that you can safely take during pregnancy. Probiotics and probiotic foods, no antibiotics or precription meds if possible, natural vitamin C (acerola cherries, red/yellow peppers, or a whole-food supplement), homemade bone broth..all of those are good dietary immune boosters. Your local health food store might have some other suggestions of supplements that can boost the immune system safely during pregancy. Lots of sunlight and Vitamin D3 is also great.
Keep in mind that antibiotics are in the food supply, especially in cafo meat and milk products, so it's best to choose local and organic meat and produce whenever possible. These foods are also more nutritous, so they're doubly helpful.
It's also important to avoid stress whenever possible. Bedrest can be have a very negative and stressful effect on the body, and is not really proven to be helpful in general, probably because prolonged inactivity is not good for the body, pregnant or not. It would probably be most helpful to avoid stressful activities, but keep up moderate activity as long as possible.
I find this to be VERY interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyutalktome View Post
I'm due a few weeks before you, and like you desperate to make it to term. I'm starting the 17p shots in just under two weeks and really hope it helps get to term. I was so blessed that my 34 weeker only needed two extra days in the hospital and they let me stay and room in with her the whole time, but I'm so nervous that this baby might be earlier and not so lucky. I am resting as much as I can, avoiding sex because I'm scared and sick, and trying to be as healthy as I can. Of course dd and my foster sons keep me busy, but I'm really hoping that I'll get lucky and somehow it's enough to get us there! We can totally talk anytime if you want. I realize my dd was nowhere near as early as yours, but I think the fears are still similar.
Hang in there Mama! Big to you as well! If you don't mind I will add you to my prayer list as well and pray for you and little one!
Old 04-17-2012, 12:18 AM   #17
BooneNicuMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you so much for your kind words, and with your encouragement I will definitely check out the DD forum =) I am pretty sure I'll actually have baby in OCT, even though I'm due in Nov. ( I might hit the end of September... It's just my luck I'll have it on Halloween if I make it to term )

I would love to check out the FB group too ! I am so cut off from others being pretty much at home all the time. It would be wonderful to have some other mama friends <3

Abby (11) Hailey (9) Katlyn (6) Savanna (2) Grace (1) Angel baby May 2011, and Angel Baby Dec 25th 2011. & ANNABELLE Oct. 17th 2012!!!
BooneNicuMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:18 AM   #18
armywife70
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm SO excited! I PM'd you the FB info! Feel free to jump right on in! We are so glad to have you!!! I can't WAIT to get to know you better and see your little one when he/she gets here!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 06:18 AM   #19
aubreyaks
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hypnobabies makes a self hyposis track called "baby stay in." I've been using it myself this pregnancy as my lo seems too eager to arrive, but I've been able to successfully stop contractions and dilation with it several times now. I am also a HB instructor and have seen several clients use it successfully. The track is not available through local instructors, just on Hypnobabies' website. Just throwing that out there for ya! Good luck, hope your bean stays put a long time!
Old 04-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #20
Sylvie89
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't have any advice, but I wanted send some positive thoughts to you that you make it to 37 weeks! My DS was born at 30 weeks from unexplained PPROM. We are going to begin ttc again in a few months and I am already worried sick.
Sylvie89 is offline   Reply With Quote