Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-12-2012, 12:51 AM   #21
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Paleo/Primal Chat - April 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaNMH View Post
Oh my gosh! I didn't know we had a Paleo/Primal area on here! How exciting! DH and I started Primal in the fall and actually both lost weight. I got pregnant and had a MC so I wasn't really doing Primal for a while but we've slowly been getting back to it. I'd like to lose a bit more before TTC again (could be as soon as the end of the month!!) The good thing is I didn't gain anything while off Primal. Anyway, I'm excited to have other mamas to talk with!
Welcome =D

Advertisement

Old 04-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #22
gauchainla
Registered Users
seller

So excited to find this thread! Just getting into paleo. Been GF for a little bit so this is a step up but trying to transition from quasi vegan (beans and rice several times a week) to meat and veg seems hard! (I'd choose pasta and pizza over steak in a heartbeat so this ain't easy for me). I turn 32 next month and would love to lose the last 20lbs I've been struggling with for the past decade. I'm about 175lbs and 155 would be much better for me.

I haven't officially started paleo but want to next week and using these last few days to read up and clear out the cupboards.

Do you still feed the kids grains or does the whole fam go paleo? Also trying to replace my wine with chamomile tea but dang that's not easy. Lol. Any tips?

I will check out the snack links. Thanks!
gauchainla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:32 AM   #23
mama2sweetpeas
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hi Ladies~ I've been trying to eat paleo for a few days now. I've put a lot of thought and research into it and feel it is a good way to go. Buckaww~ I have a 5 wk old nursling He seems to have a very sensitive stomach and gas troubles him a lot. So the cutting out of diary/grains/sugar/legumes (along with citrus/tomatoes/caff) will hopefully help him too. I still have a ton of baby weight to lose as well. Breakfast lately has been a boiled egg, unsalted almonds, smoothie, Lunch a big salad, sn more nuts, Dinner veggie stirfry with sw. pot. Funny thing is that I'm not a big meat person. I will eat it if dh fixes it and order it if we go out, but I get really grossed out about cooking it. Always have. I found a really yummy looking balsmic chicken recipe yesterday I want to try. Rest of the family eats SAD.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:39 AM   #24
mama2sweetpeas
Registered Users

My Mood:

Snack ideas: pistachios, almonds, apple/banana/or celery w/almond or cashew butter, decaf coffee w/ coconut milk, glass of coconut milk, dates (I think are paleo...I LOVE them), crab meat...maybe a shrimp ring defrosted and in fridge for snacking, cut up a bunch of veggies and put them in a platter with baba ganoush (sp?), guac, or paleo salsa.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:08 AM   #25
britlove
Registered Users
seller

I'm getting ready to start the Whole30 next week and I've done a ton of searching about beef broth but can't find anything...do I have to make my own or is there some that is safe that I can buy? The pacific foods brand has cane juice and yeast extract. So I guess I already know the answer to this one-I just don't know how I'm going to get bones. I asked the local butcher but the ones they get are already spoken for when they get them...

I've earned $170 in Amazon GCs with swagbucks!
britlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #26
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by britlove View Post
I'm getting ready to start the Whole30 next week and I've done a ton of searching about beef broth but can't find anything...do I have to make my own or is there some that is safe that I can buy? The pacific foods brand has cane juice and yeast extract. So I guess I already know the answer to this one-I just don't know how I'm going to get bones. I asked the local butcher but the ones they get are already spoken for when they get them...
You are braver than I am!

I would say look on EatWild.org and see if there are any beef farmers around that sell directly from the source.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:34 PM   #27
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My kids still eat grains, but I limit gluten intake to 2-3 times a week most of the time and corn is on a case-by-case basis. They do eat rice unrestricted though. They usually have rice cereal for breakfast and whenever we eat Thai food or Chipotle, they eat rice too. I am trying to totally phase out gluten because I think DS is sensitive to it, but they are both PB&J and Graham Cracker fiends.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:59 PM   #28
lookatreestar
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post
Totally. Primal only includes dairy IF your body tolerates it. Mine doesn't, but I eat it anyway Yet another reason I am probably not losing the weight I want to lose LOL

I don't know a lot about Paleo and exercise (I haven't read TPS yet), but The Primal Blueprint also includes lifestyle of exercise and play along with Primal/Paleo eating.
LOL this is so me. i have totally fallen off the wagon for lazy and money reasons. however i am going out to the farm to pick up milk, eggs and 3 whole chickens tomorrow so i want to get back on. also my hubby said he would make jerky for me (i am terrible at slicing meat!)

oh and coconut oil doesn't really agree with me, but coconut butter- i could eat that off a spoon. i really want to find more things to make with it. i am going to make raw ice cream this weekend and use my fresh egg yolks, yum!!

lookatreestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #29
Colorwithwords
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We need to get back on track! We're starting the 21 day primal fitness challenge on Monday!
Old 04-14-2012, 09:58 PM   #30
iluvmyortiz1122
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorwithwords
We need to get back on track! We're starting the 21 day primal fitness challenge on Monday!
What is this challenge? I've only heard and read if the 30 day one.

iluvmyortiz1122 is offline   Reply With Quote