Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-15-2012, 08:38 AM   #1
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:
QUICK! Leaving soon, needing room in the backseat for an extra adult.

I have DD in a radian xtsl. I have DS in a keyfit30. I can get the keyfit next to the radian (radian center, keyfit outboard) IF I kinda force the end of the base that is by the edge of the seat toward the door. The only reason why the keyfit doesn't fit is because the handle hits the radian...so if I pull it sideways then it will click in. The base at the belt past does not move but the other side will. KWIM? It's hard to write it out to explain it. Is this safe? Or should I force my skinny DH to climb over the base and keep both seats outboard? He can squeeze between the seats but it really is a squeeze poor guy lol. We are going to be in and out of the car a bunch today and my aunt is in town so we are trying to figure out how to take one vehicle half way comfortably but 100% safely. Leaving soon, hope some techs or knowledgeable mama's are on!

Advertisement

Old 04-15-2012, 08:48 AM   #2
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: QUICK! Leaving soon, needing room in the backseat for an extra adult.

Maybe okay? We don't have the best techs around, but I had our keyfit base checked out by a local tech here and in order to get it to fit with a 3 across and work with our Nautilus & Marathon, the keyfit base was tight at the belt path, but I kinda had to angle it towards the door at the front part of it (the part closer to the front of the car), snap the seat in, then push it back towards the carseat in the center...it still sat at a little bit of an angle, but the base was completely on the vehicle seat, had less than an inch of movement at the belt path, and the infant seat snapped into it correctly. soooo....based on my experience (again, checked by a tech, but probably not the greatest tech...) I'd say its okay. maybe? hopefully a tech chimes in.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:10 AM   #3
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

That is exactly what I mean But, I think one very small corner of the base MIGHT not be on the seat...because the seats angle close to the door. I will double check. If I can get it almost straight with the seat clicked in I will use it that way. If not, I will try it without the base and see if that works. If not, poor dh is squeezing between them today
Old 04-15-2012, 10:08 AM   #4
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Not a tech but that's fine. The keyfit allows over hang. When installing are you using seat belt? If so are you sliding the base to the edge of the seat before installing?
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:45 PM   #5
monica-m
Registered Users

My Mood:

As long as each seat is independently tight, it's fine.