Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-15-2012, 09:19 AM   #201
Mommy2LivandNoah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: May Babies 4/9-4/15

I'm part of the let's do whatever crowd..sometimes it's hard and requires more planning, but totally doable..

Got the house clean yesterday and our house hosts the kids in our church(while adults meet around the corner)...we rotate so it's the last week I do it before baby comes..but now I'm sad cause it's clean, and I want it to stay that way..! Having contractions still today..ugh. Good news about not having baby boy yet is my photographer friend who is supposed to come to the birth to take pictures went out of town but will be back this afternoon...maybe that was what was holding him up..

Think I will put a roast in the crock pot so at least dinner will be ready later.

Happy 37 weeks Melaine!

Advertisement

Old 04-15-2012, 10:38 AM   #202
dreamingkristin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm so ready to go to the zoo!! The kids have been begging...but I can't make it around Target right now without being in pain from walking -- the zoo is out until after I have him.. but with 2 of my others we were at the zoo like 2-3 weeks after baby is born... In June we are driving like 5-6 hours to visit with family for vacation... decided that at least visiting with family would be a little lower key than a full vacation.... the cousins we are going to see are close to our age and have 5 girls... so lots of kids isn't a big deal and they have stayed with us with a newbie infant too and everythign always goes smoothly - They are much like us when it comes to their family life so it works....

But next year is Disney -- and we will have an 8,6,4, and 1 year old - along with SIL who will have a 1 year old.... that should be pretty interesting! LOL!
Old 04-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #203
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Yea, I am another odd one that would be fine with the trip =) We will be making a 10hr trip with a new baby and a 4 yr old & staying for a week and a half with my mil.

My mom is also trying to get me to head out there in June - not going to happen money wise but if she goes through and pays for it like she is insisting I will be doing it alone with both kids (I don't want her to spend her money on us doing that but she wants us to see her family and we wont have time when there for the family reunion).

Today was pretty good - slept awesome, didn't even wake to pee until after 7 - that hasn't happened in MONTHS. We were lazy for awhile and then played outside/went to walk around town and then get groceries. Dd and I walked home from the grocery store sending dp with the car and food. Dd and I half way cleaned the car too =)

We had a crazy early dinner (fettuccine, whiskey cooked shrimp and homemade red lobster biscuits mmmmmm) & now I am working til 9.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:11 PM   #204
CHERUBUMS
Registered Users
Formerly: mnotley75
seller

My Mood:

They haven't admitted for that in the past for me. My OB says that my diastolic isn't too high so she's not overly concerned. I am concerned though because I know how fast my BP can shoot up to dangerous levels in the end stages of pregnancy. Its occurred with both of my boys and I did require hospitalization and ultimately induction.

My BP Has been hovering about the 160/170 over 70/80 mark for the past week and I have been getting headaches with it and nausea, which makes me strongly feel that it is the beginning stages of Pre-eclampsia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr2410 View Post
really, they wouldnt' admit with that? I would think they would. Well, i guess if it went down shortly there after.

By definition:
"Pre-eclampsia is diagnosed when a pregnant woman develops high blood pressure (two separate readings taken at least six hours apart of 140 or more in systolic blood pressure and/or 90 or more in diastolic blood pressure)"
Old 04-15-2012, 03:13 PM   #205
CHERUBUMS
Registered Users
Formerly: mnotley75
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulawolf View Post
Been in labor for several days. Im stuck at 4cm and 60%-70% (depending who checks me ). I have to go in every day.to.landd or drs during the week for a nonstress test. Trying not to ne induced but getting really tired. My contractions are 8-10 min apart. The lnd dr offered a.script to stop.contractions. he said it wouldn't work if i was really ready. My other option is to break my water tp see if that helps but then we are on the clock and they said they would only let us go 48 hours. I just dont want drug intervention if i can help it but am honestly considering trying to stop the contractions so i can sleep!
Sorry you're experiencing this. Hopefully things progress naturally and more quickly for you!

~Michelle
Old 04-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #206
Spikettes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If DH and I could travel in a car with each other on a longish ride with out getting into an severe argument it might be different. Plus DH hates staying in a hotel, so again more stress for me dealing with that. If she asks me I'll tell her no and that will be that. I always have to be the bad guy with her. I guess if she would ask me and make realistic plans it would be different. A day trip would be much better and we could do the zoo in Indianapolis. I've recommended these things in the past and they just can't come/do that. We have already told her we are planning a Sesame Place trip for next summer/fall and we would like for them to come with us.
DS1 goes no where without me. He has never stayed the night away from me yet. We co-sleep and yeah it should be real interesting for everyone involved when I am at the hospital and they are taking care of him.