Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #11
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Re: Amish Friendship Bread anyone?

maybe I will try this! My mom started one when I was small and it got kinda out of control and she was making bread like crazy, it was good though!

Advertisement

doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:45 AM   #12
roseyroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

LOL! that does sound gross! That sound like a neat place to live. I love the way their farms look. I bet you have a very quiet and peaceful place to live. Very neat.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:25 AM   #13
treegirl75
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks for the links op!

Sent from my iPhone that has a mind of its own
Old 04-11-2012, 08:41 AM   #14
porky
Registered
seller

Oh, thanks so much for the links!!
porky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:07 AM   #15
roseyroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sure!
and thanks for the links 4littlenorskes!

Last edited by roseyroberts; 04-12-2012 at 07:53 PM.
roseyroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 10:50 PM   #16
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CntryMama View Post
That is what real Amish make! I live in the heart of Amish country (all our neighbors are and their neighbors...) - they cook with lard, not butter or oil. Just a HUGE tub of greasy lard. It's really kinda gross... But I love them all and they are super sweet (we just have totally different taste in foods!).

The only downer about living in the middle of know where is no high speed internet!! Our Hot Spot (when it's working) is all we get I just like when people talk about Amish but really do not know much, if anything about them - I would totally 'homestead' but we can get all our produce, eggs, meat (beef/pork) from the Amish at dirt cheap. Much cheaper then the cost of raising it our self. Oh - and the Amish children are SO cute walking to school every day You guys would love it!
It is probably home rendered lard which breaks down differently in your body than commercial lard does from what I have read.

We render lard and I used to think it was gross but it really is better than normal oil!

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:51 AM   #17
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My G-ma has always made it, but the one she uses you have to have the started pessed to you from a friend. She freezes extra so she never runs out. I asked her about makeing the started and she told me the one she had was some sort of guarded secret and there was no known recipe for it. I would have to get the started from her on one of her trips down. It takes a few days to make. It will stay good in the freezer for a while so when we have our visit comeing up, I'm gonna get some from her. I have a baked loaf in the freezer now. I haven't gotten it out because I'm doing so great with my cal counting and looseing weight. And we also know now Cayden is lactose intolerant nad I believe it has milk in it. Her's tastes like a cinamon and brown sugar. It's loaded with pecans too and William can't have the nuts. I would have to do some major altering of the recipe so the boys could have it.
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:10 AM   #18
A&M'smommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahannecloud9
My G-ma has always made it, but the one she uses you have to have the started pessed to you from a friend. She freezes extra so she never runs out. I asked her about makeing the started and she told me the one she had was some sort of guarded secret and there was no known recipe for it. I would have to get the started from her on one of her trips down. It takes a few days to make. It will stay good in the freezer for a while so when we have our visit comeing up, I'm gonna get some from her. I have a baked loaf in the freezer now. I haven't gotten it out because I'm doing so great with my cal counting and looseing weight. And we also know now Cayden is lactose intolerant nad I believe it has milk in it. Her's tastes like a cinamon and brown sugar. It's loaded with pecans too and William can't have the nuts. I would have to do some major altering of the recipe so the boys could have it.
Check out
www.friendshipbreadkitchen.com that have tons of recipes and info on alternate ingredients...

Also to the mama that bakes 48 loaves in a day how do you do it!!!! The most i have done is 8. I can only get 2 in the oven to bake evenly at a time...

Anyone have any idea why mine fall in the middle?
A&M'smommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #19
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M'smommy View Post
Check out
www.friendshipbreadkitchen.com that have tons of recipes and info on alternate ingredients...

Also to the mama that bakes 48 loaves in a day how do you do it!!!! The most i have done is 8. I can only get 2 in the oven to bake evenly at a time...

Anyone have any idea why mine fall in the middle?

Thanks SO much!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote