Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-07-2011, 11:51 PM   #11
novemberlily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What to use for EC- particularly 'diapers'

Tetro Fitted Diapers are MADE for this! They are cotton flannel, so while they aren't super absorbent like stay-dry microfleece or anything, they are absorbent enough to hold 1-2 pees, and they are super trim under a cover!

They are perfect for what you're looking for, check them out here at the website, and here's a video so you can see them in EC action!

Advertisement

novemberlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 06:02 AM   #12
Melpope09
Registered Users
seller

I have never seen those before! That's awesome! I might have to order one or two!!
Melpope09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:37 PM   #13
eLiz21730
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I saw those when I first started doing my EC research! They look super nice! But I have to say...I don't use anything special. We use prefolds w/snappis and covers and my kiddo wears onesies, too. He's about every 45 min. to an hour with a few extra depending upon when he ate, if he was just upset (crying can really turn him into a super soaker!), etc. He gives a little fuss to let me know and I rush him upstairs (yup, up the stairs!) and I have yet to be peed on or miss when given a cue from him. Now, I do have my fair share of misses but that's usually because I've missed his cue for me!

Check out my store, the sewn PEA, on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/thesewnPEA

Come Swag w/me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/eLiz21730
eLiz21730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:51 AM   #14
catsndognbaby
Registered Users

I just posted a longer reply on your other thread question... the one where you introduced yourself. Hope it helps and hope EC works out for you did you decide what you're going to try out? btw, I'm expecting my 3rd in a month and a half... sounds like we're due about the same time.
catsndognbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:56 AM   #15
catsndognbaby
Registered Users

Those tetro fitted diapers look awesome! on my new wish list!... I bet I could totally make some of those myself with some old receiving blankets!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:05 AM   #16
catsndognbaby
Registered Users

I stumbled across this site.... you might want to check it out. http://theecstore.com/
Old 04-17-2012, 12:14 PM   #17
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

I am planning on using flats, no cover or wool until the newbie can fit into MEOS fitteds. I switched to them with my toddler when he was old enough to take his diaper off (he was less than a yr) and he could unsnap to go potty.

I was given a lambskin for the bed bc I will have the baby go coverless at night as well.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:11 AM   #18
jessicah
Registered Users
seller

My favorite for newborns and non mobile babies are prefolds or flats, with or without covers. I like wool wraps or other velcro wraps best.

My favorite for mobile babies is motherease sandies or ecapants. Sandies smalls fit forever. My baby was 9 pounds at birth. She is now 11 months old and is STILL wearing the same sandies she wore as a newborn. Dappi pullons are super cheap and fit well over sandies. But so do most wraps.

Ecapants are "the" EC pants. The design is ingenious for EC. I use those for outings alot so that I dont have to take off the diaper and find a place to lay baby down to put back on. www.ecaware.com They are expensive, but if you use cheap flats and prefolds in the begining, the money you save can go for ecapants in the mobile stage.

But If I couldnt afford fitteds I would just continue on with the prefolds or flats. They get the job done just fine! You can still use the smalls when they outgrow them pinned. B/c then you can trifold them into covers. Since your ECing, you dont need to size up for absorbancy.

Once my babies are about 1 year old and walking we switch to cheap gerber trainers and the ecapants.