Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
PinkLemonade7503
Registered Users
seller

A good carseat mirror?

I love the mirrors that allow you to see baby when they are rear facing in their car seats. I can't seem to find what I need, though.

My baby will be in an infant seat (rear facing of course) in the middle of our back row. We have two head rests, but not one above her middle seat.

Has anyone ever seen one that can connect to the head rests and stretch to sit in the middle area? It is so nice to be able to know if they are stealth napping, so I know what to expect when we get home! If this doesn't exist I might have to figure one out somehow.

Thanks for any ideas you might have!

Advertisement

PinkLemonade7503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:28 AM   #2
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've never seen one that will stretch but my ex puts a sock behind the side of his to angle it toward DD.

Keep in mind that mirrors can become projectiles in a crash even though they attach to the headrest. They don't attach well enough to survive crash forces in sine cases. It's a parental decision to use one or not.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #3
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: A good carseat mirror?

I know they're not recommended, but maybe you can angle it on one of the headrests and then get one of the mini mirros (we have one for FFing DS) to put on the windshieldsince the rearview mirror may not be at the right angle.

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #4
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:
Re: A good carseat mirror?

Try to find one that has nothing hard on it, padded around a flexible plastic mirror.

In our truck we have 2 rfing kids...1 in the middle (no headrest) one on the passanger side (with headrest) we jam the mirror between the seat back and the back window in the center and the driver can see both babies in the same mirror. I know you would have to attach yours different..but just saying that you should be able to attach to a headrest and aim at baby in the center. attach it to which ever side you DON"T get the baby in and out of....that way you avoid bumping it and messing up the angle all the time.