Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #11
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Re: SIL vent

Quote:
But I think it's kind of ridiculous of her to ask us this because I think as an adult you get a birthday dinner and that's it. Kids get birthday parties and lots of presents.
Ok, this, as a reason to be irritated by it, is a ridiculous a reason to be irritated as her request for donations is.

Be irritated because she's an adult filching off her parents with no job. Be irritated because she wants to take a trip she can't afford. Be irritated because she wants other people to pay for said trip. Be irritated because acts as if this is some sort of charity that she's asking people to donate to. Be irritated because she's acting like this is some educational growth seminar and not just a video game convention.

Being irritated because she wants to celebrate her birthday in a bigger way than you, as an ex-JW who didn't celebrate birthdays before, would choose to, well that's a bit over the top.

Advertisement

happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:47 AM   #12
lolis
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: SIL vent

Yikes! I'm sorry for my opinion that adults just get birthday dinner! But that what we've always done in my family for adults (my family AND DH's family are all exJW's). None of us have ever had a bday party in our lives. We never give bday gifts.

She is asking for about 700 bucks for a 7 day stay.

She supposedly has been looking for job but not very well I believe. She has a crazy schedule because she is in theatre (she's going to be an actress) and I think it's not conducive to job hunting or at least doesn't look good on an application.
lolis is offline   Reply With Quote