Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-16-2012, 07:36 AM   #1
lucymae
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
narrow FF only carseat-HELP-

my DS is 6 and is currently in a Graco nautilus and I really like it a lot, I want him in a seat where he can be harnessed up to 65lbs and then for it to be a high back booster. We also have a ds 4 in a Britax marathon FF, the thing is we are TTC and will be needing to put 3 across the back seat of our Kia sedona, they will be 6 1/2, 4 1/2 and 2 1/2 when little bean would hopefully arrive, so all FF ( no flames please ) but I still want them all in a 5 point harness. I plan on keeping my 2 britax marathons for our convertible seat. So what is a good safe, narrow, car seat that is affordable.
THANK YOU!!!
If i took ds 6 out of the harness would this be a good option?
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Evenflo-AM...ndingMethod=rr

Advertisement

Last edited by lucymae; 04-16-2012 at 07:37 AM.
lucymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:23 AM   #2
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:
Re: narrow FF only carseat-HELP-

I have read that the evenflo secure kid seats are narrower than the nautilus.

And no flames for a ffing 2.5 yr old

You may not be able to keep your current seats, you might have to swap out others as well to get 3 across.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #3
jjordan
Registered Users
seller

What year Sedona? We have a 2008 with the 60/40 back seat split, so if yours is the same, I might be able to help a bit.

Question: is there a reason why you want all 3 across the back instead of using both captain's chairs?

I'd be totally okay with unharnessing the 6.5 year old. However, for 3 across, boosters are usually a little more difficult because they get buckled and unbuckled for every trip.

If I were you I'd put the baby RF behind the driver, the oldest boostered behind the passenger in a LATCH-able booster (so that you don't have to buckle it in when unoccupied), and the two middle kids in the back row.

If you're determined to have 3 across the back, all forward facing, then I'd probably do a FF Radian, FF marathon, and booster. The problem with this is that the 40 part of the split is the side with a top tether, which you want to use for a harnessed seat, BUT I think you're going to have to use that spot for the booster since you'll need the extra space.

If it were *me* and I really wanted 3 across the back, I'd do a RF Radian 3rd row driver's side (2.5 year old), FF Radian center (4 year old), and LATCHable booster 3rd row passenger's side (6 year old).

If you have a 2011-2012 Sedona, or a short wheel base Sedona, then it might be enough different than mine that all this might not work.
jjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:30 AM   #4
jjordan
Registered Users
seller

One more thing, what is your budget?
Old 04-16-2012, 09:22 AM   #5
lucymae
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ours is a 2007, so same body and everything as your 2008 I believe. I am thinking that by putting my 6 yr old DS in a booster I may be fine with doing the nautilus and marathon if I use the seat belts to instal vs using the latch.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #6
jjordan
Registered Users
seller

Yes, the 2007 is the same as mine as long as yours isn't the short wheel base version (that has a 50/50 back row split).

I doubt you will be able to get a booster, nautilus, and marathon in the third row.