Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-16-2012, 07:13 AM   #41
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Re: Noisy Neighbor and Children Walking Dog... Advice?

I used to babysit my brother and sister at 10, and that was before cell phones. I think that lady should mind her own business. It is a good point about other dogs fighting your dog. Maybe don't let them walk as far if your daughter is with him but let him walk the usual route on his own. On the other hand, depending on the child, 4 isn't that young. I'm sure she knows her way home and can run and get you if there was a problem. They're probably safer together.

Advertisement

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:43 AM   #42
msuk2girl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think it absolutely has to do with area. We live in a very quiet and nice neighborhood, and would let them walk alone here. Not with a dog, because there are a lot of people here who think its ok to let their dogs in the front yard. They come up to the edge and bark at you. With a dog on lead that gets way too complicated.

I'm with the others that say follow your gut, which obviously did not send up any red flags. I dislike nosy neighbors.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:24 AM   #43
mysticmomma1879
Registered Users
seller
seller

If its not illegal in your area, and YOU are ok with it and your kids are ok with it I can't imagine what the problem would be. You know your kids and the area better than any of us.
mysticmomma1879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:44 AM   #44
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

While having the 4 yr old out with just the 10 yr old and the puppy would give me pause, ultimately, I think your neighbor is crazy.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #45
arihillfarm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

LOL, it's not like I'm in Sears and they are in the food court. More like we're all sitting in the food court near the bathrooms and she takes him in or I continue to shop the racks in a store near the bathrooms and she takes him in. I also missed the 150-200ft. distance. Our barn is at least that far from our house and my two older ones go out there together all the time. Of course, there aren't any cars out by our barn either nor inside the mall. My concern in this situation is the split attention issue with the 10 year old and the close proximity to the road. I think most 10 year olds could deal with a dog issue OR a sibling issue, but not both the same time. If they are holding the dog and there's an issue, then s/he is likely not to notice the 4 year old and what s/he is doing, which could include running into the road.

-Astrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainandRedemption View Post
I would never let my 4 yo go anywhere without me in a mall... maybe a resturant.... down a super quiet road where I could see her the whole time? Absolutely....

I think your neighbor sounds nutty. Unless she knows something about the area, or someone in the area that you don't. I'd probably go over there without the kids and ask her if she has a REASON for thinking this is so unsafe.... if she doesn't have a reason that you feel warrants her involving herself in your situation then respectfully ask her to leave your children alone while they are walking the pup.
WAHM to DD 13, DS 6 and DS 3 and I'm a Magic Maker with Off to Neverland Travel, specializing in Disney! Ask me about how to get the vacation of your dreams (Disney or elsewhere) for the best price and service possible at no extra cost to you. "Like" my agency page on Facebook for the latest travel specials!
arihillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:10 AM   #46
babylovinmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkinBoutMyGirl View Post
The intake at CPS would screen that call out mama. Tell your neighbor to STFU and let your kids walk the dog before he gets so big he is walking them!
Perfectly said!
Roberta~ crazy crunchy, sometimes soggy, wife to my love and mama to 4 little pieces of my heart and waiting on #5! If you can't find me, I'm probably hiding in the corner licking the beaters
babylovinmama is offline   Reply With Quote