Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-16-2012, 08:10 AM   #11
themaelane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Waiting for it to happen, questions. (misc, 11 wks, tmi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsajoi View Post
(Sorry if any of this is TMI, but I know when I was in your position I desperately wanted to have something to expect.)
I asked for what to expect; while its hard to read, I feel its making me more prepared for what's to come. I think fear of the unknown is much harder.

Quote:
Personally, I felt that while having drug free births is important to me, in this specific case there was no reason to put myself through unnecessary physical pain when I already had the emotional pain to deal with.
I've asked my husband what alcohol we have in case I want to take the edge off that way... Drinking myself into a stupor is an option, but I don't want to risk more issues with the dehydration.

Quote:
Personally, I would make the same decisions I did regarding taking the Cytotec if I had it to do all over again. Being positive that my husband would be there for me and my son during the process was enormously important for me. I also felt like it was difficult emotionally to continue waiting to miscarry.
I agree, the waiting is the hard part. I might take the Cytotec eventually. Time will tell, I guess...

Quote:
I know you didn't mention this, but I know was concerned about what I was going to do for the bleeding...I usually use cloth pads as a backup for a cup. I found that really mostly you will be passing tissue and therefor need to be in the bathroom. I did use overnight/heavy pads, though, too.
Now I'm really wishing I'd gotten a cup.... I usually use cloth pads, so I guess we'll see how it all goes for me. I hope I have enough. I have tiny prefolds as a backup if I need them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiejo View Post
Thank-you for this thread.
I guess I hi-jacked a little, OP I am so sorry for what you're going through, this really sucks.....
I'm so sorry for what you, and all the mothers on here, have and are going through. Its really hard.

Through all of this, I've come to realize that I think I've had a miscarriage in the past. I had a period a week late, and it was really heavy and *very* crampy and I distinctly remember a piece of tissue. I'd not been trying, so I never tested, but with the new info I've got, I'm pretty sure that's what it was. So I'm processing that now too, but in a different way than what is happening now.

Thank you everyone for your comments and thoughts, and know I'm thinking of all of you and hoping you heal soon.

Advertisement

ISO: NB covers/fitteds, flats, wool, 'big sister' stuff for a 4YO girl.
themaelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #12
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Waiting for it to happen, questions. (misc, 11 wks, tmi)

I'm so sorry for your loss.

When I lost my baby back in October, I thought the pain was manageable but very sharp. Worse than my cramps when I have my period but nothing like childbirth. I'm sorry, I know that's vague. But that's how it felt - like very sharp period pains. The blood loss was pretty bad which surprised me because I was early and the doctors told me I probably would not bleed a terrible amount. Well, they were wrong! It was like a very heavy period and lasted for a couple of days. It stopped and then for whatever reason I spotted a bit more a few days after that.

I didn't keep anything. I passed everything in the ER. I had gone in once the brown blood & sharp pains increased and they let me stay there because it seemed the miscarriage was impending. I guess it wasn't necessary that I stay there but I was crying and scared and they told me they could monitor me to make sure everything passed. I did not need a D & C. It all happened very fast once I got to the ER. A nurse helped me clean up and comforted me and they sent me home within a couple of hours because I wasn't very far along & didn't need any interventions/medical care.

So that was my experience. Yours will probably be a bit different, because you are further along than I was. Again my heart goes out to you.