Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
brookglen
Registered Users

Is this normal after a miscarriage?

I don't know where else to post this, so I hope this okay.

I had my first MC last Saturday (about 8 days). I went in last week and they did an ultrasound to make sure it was complete. It was. As of 7 days ago my hcg levels were dropping steadily.

My question; from the moment I found out about this pregnancy I started experiencing a lot of lower back pain and joint pain in my shoulders. I assumed it was the relaxin kicking in. After the MC it has not gone away and I am still very much in pain for much of the day. Am I still producing hormones related to pregnancy other than HGC? My skin has also gone absolutely insane. I just want to put this behind me, but I still feel like I'm a wreck.

Advertisement

brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:17 PM   #2
Monmed
Registered Users

Re: Is this normal after a miscarriage?

Im very sorry for your loss. I've had 2 MCs myself and know that they are really hard. Physically and emotionally. Though I never had back/shoulder pain I would assume that if it is pregnancy-related it should gradually get better. If it doesn't feel better in another few days to a week or if it gets worse I'd suggest talking to your doctor to see if maybe it's unrelated to the pregnancy. HTH.
Monmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:42 PM   #3
gagenivy
Registered Users

So sorry to her of your loss. I know how painful it is
Is it possible you have a vit deficiency? B and D are the culprits for me.
gagenivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #4
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

I didn't have that with my loss.. But it took 45 days for the hcg to level below 5.... So maybe it's still hormone?
Old 04-16-2012, 05:25 AM   #5
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I did not experience that- I'd maybe call and ask about it
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #6
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree - I'd call and ask about it. It may be completely unrelated to your loss.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:03 PM   #7
this_mel_rocks
Registered Users
seller

I just googled shoulder pain and miscarriage as I thought I remembered it could indicate an ectopic but it popped up as a common warning sign of miscarriage and seems to be normal. I'm sorry for your loss.
this_mel_rocks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #8
brookglen
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by this_mel_rocks View Post
I just googled shoulder pain and miscarriage as I thought I remembered it could indicate an ectopic but it popped up as a common warning sign of miscarriage and seems to be normal. I'm sorry for your loss.
Woah, I just googled it as well. It's says it's one of the first warning signs of a miscarriage. I almost glad I didn't know that ahead of time.

Today feels a bit better. I guess I'm just recovering from this thing. I really wanted to write it off as being just like a late period or something since I was so early into pregnancy, you know, kind of bury it so it wasn't such a big thing. Obviously it is a big deal, its just hard to come to terms with.
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:58 AM   #9
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just had a miscarriage a little over a week ago. I had a lot of pain in my thighs, lower abdomen and lower back before, during and after. I thought I could possibly have an ectopic because the pain would get pretty bad. I had an ultrasound and it was not an ectopic. So I waited to m/c naturally. I still have some pain in my thighs off and on but its going away. I'm sorry for your loss, I completely understand what your going through. Hugs your way
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #10
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

I miscarried on Tuesday (I was 11 weeks) I still have lower back, thigh and lower tummy pain. My midwife said it was normal, I am still randomly getting cramps and some bleeding as well. Everyone responds to miscarriage differently just as how we all respond to pregnancy in different ways. For me baths help and a few days I have taken TWO a day to help my body relax. I still feel like I ran a marathon. As with the whole experience take care of yourself, don't be "the hero", stay in contact with your doc or midwife and if it gets uncomfortable consider a pain reliever. Sorry for your loss mama, my heart is broken too.