Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-16-2012, 06:45 AM   #31
babylovinmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: April 15-21st Junebugs chat

Wow lots going on around here this weekend! I hope everyone's bh stay at bay and you can all enjoy the week.

JoAnna- Boys are dumb, seriously. I hope for his sake he smartens up soon, the only worse than your wife being mad at you is your pregnant wife being mad at you

Lucy- I'm so sorry for you loss I hope the week improves and DH allows himself some time to grieve and heal.

AFM: Well we all came down with a tummy bug last week, Friday was only the 3rd day in 10 years that I've not come to work bc I was sick. I feel a ton better today but I'm not happy I "wasted" a day off on Friday. I hit 30 weeks this weekend So excited!

Advertisement

Roberta~ crazy crunchy, sometimes soggy, wife to my love and mama to 4 little pieces of my heart and waiting on #5! If you can't find me, I'm probably hiding in the corner licking the beaters
babylovinmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:39 AM   #32
mommyamb
Registered Users
seller

Lucy, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Macy, Glad you're able to go home. Keep taking it easy & I'll be praying!

AFM:
We got a real bed for our two year old-he'd been sleeping on a twin mattress on the floor. I found exactly what I'd been hoping to, & @ a great price. ($40) It is up enough I can store some stuff under it, but it's low enough for him. It was the top of a bunk set, and it's very solid & sturdy. It has rails down both sides, that can later be removed. It was so nice to sit and read with him last night in his bed, and tuck him in. He slept solid until 8:20am. He's so happy & excited to have it.

Hubby got his first paycheck from new job Fri. What a relief! We are by no means rich now, but it's nice to start getting back on track. I need to make a list of things we need for baby, so we budget for them. (it's really only a few things, but one thing is a car seat)

All the talk about packing bags has me nervous. I just can't bring myself to go there yet. But I know I need to start thinking about it.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:55 AM   #33
babylovinmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyamb View Post
AFM:
We got a real bed for our two year old-he'd been sleeping on a twin mattress on the floor. I found exactly what I'd been hoping to, & @ a great price. ($40) It is up enough I can store some stuff under it, but it's low enough for him. It was the top of a bunk set, and it's very solid & sturdy. It has rails down both sides, that can later be removed. It was so nice to sit and read with him last night in his bed, and tuck him in. He slept solid until 8:20am. He's so happy & excited to have it.

All the talk about packing bags has me nervous. I just can't bring myself to go there yet. But I know I need to start thinking about it.
Yah for the new bed! That stuff is so much fun when the kids are excited about it!

And the part about the bag totally made me because I am such a last minute larry. I don't pack until we have to go. I keep a list of what to pack at the house in my bag and then I pack when the action starts.
Roberta~ crazy crunchy, sometimes soggy, wife to my love and mama to 4 little pieces of my heart and waiting on #5! If you can't find me, I'm probably hiding in the corner licking the beaters
Old 04-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #34
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Pack and play is ready with a sheet and diapers/wipes stashed in it's stacker thingy. Bags re-checked. Shower gifts washed or ready to exchange. Get the diapers stuffed that are prepped and I *think* we're ready! Just 2-3 more weeks if he comes lie my other two.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:02 PM   #35
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386 View Post
dh's days are numbered. very small numbers.
Men! Like seriously, what the heck are they thinking at times!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordmama View Post
Sorry for your loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacyKM View Post
Thank you for the prayers ladies- I am only a nob dilated so they are giving me shots to stop the contractions and sending me home. I have a dr appt in the morning!
Glad you got to go home and hoping things stay settled down!

AFM: Picked up the last of my NB dipe stash today after my appt. Good to have that done! I wanted to have 30 in my stash but it's only a few off at 27 so we'll make do. I'll prolly be washing sooner anyway w/ another in dipes b/c I'm sure the wet bag will fill up quick!
Yesterday DH and I did a bunch of yard work. How can I do a bunch of yard work and not have BH but then not exert myself a lot and get a ton of BH? It doesn't make sense!!! The yard looks nice though and we got quite a bit done.
Appt went well today. FH is measuring about 29cm so I've caught up a little and now I'm only "2 weeks" behind compared to "4 weeks" at 24 weeks. That's reassuring! Next appt in 2 weeks and then I'll start my NSTs at 34 weeks. I'm sure it'll go even quicker going in twice a week.

Just had to share this cute bunny hat/dipe cover set. Can't wait to use it for NB photos!

Last edited by hohaas; 04-16-2012 at 01:04 PM.
hohaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:39 PM   #36
babylovinmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Holly, that makes my ovaries ache even with something in my tummy!!
Old 04-16-2012, 03:28 PM   #37
MacyKM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Oh my goodness that bunny hat is too cute! I love it!!
Contractions have calmed wayyyyy down today. They were picking up after cleaning the bathroom and living room but I'm back to doing nothing and they are still there but lighter.
At my dr appt today my doc did say that she is concerned that the baby is going to weigh ALOT so even though I passed my GD test she wants me to go on the diet- big bummer there but because I will deliver at 37-38 weeks it's only 4 weeks or so- not a big deal.

For Custom Embroidery- It's Sew Macy
MacyKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:29 PM   #38
MacyKM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Lucy: I'm sorry about your loss

Old 04-17-2012, 05:08 AM   #39
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Gonna pick up some Claritin for allergies today. Enough is enough! I dont want to feel like this during labor and delivery! It hasnt progressed to red, itchy eyes but it will eventually. Since an allergy shot is out of the question until after Evanee is born i need something in the meantime. I think I'll get the 12 hr Claritin so i only have to take it for the day and it'll be a lower dose. Ugh, i even hate that i have to deal w/ allergies. I never had them til last summer! Oh well, there's always worse things to deal w/.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:21 AM   #40
MacyKM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hohaas
Gonna pick up some Claritin for allergies today. Enough is enough! I dont want to feel like this during labor and delivery! It hasnt progressed to red, itchy eyes but it will eventually. Since an allergy shot is out of the question until after Evanee is born i need something in the meantime. I think I'll get the 12 hr Claritin so i only have to take it for the day and it'll be a lower dose. Ugh, i even hate that i have to deal w/ allergies. I never had them til last summer! Oh well, there's always worse things to deal w/.
Have you tried Zyrtec? It's only 10 mg and 24 hrs. I am allergic to everything and my doc said safe and it works well. Am I allergy free- no but it works well so I can function- Claritin and Allegra didn't even touch my allergies!