Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-16-2012, 07:05 PM   #21
kalasin
Registered Users
seller

Also if you really like Mac software you can put it on a PC. One of my laptops is running Snow Leopard or whatever its called these data.

Advertisement

kalasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:27 PM   #22
ACSNMama
Registered Users,br>Formerly: Mrs***08
seller

Re: Dead Computer, Dying Computer...

I never knew that! Cool. Well, if we can swap this power supply out, we'll be setting the computer back up! Hopefully that'll work!

ACSNMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:33 PM   #23
diana51
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had to comment that I've also had problems with HP, I've had 2 laptops die at less than 2 years old. When I called on the 1st one they told me I was out of luck bc the warranty was up, found out later there was a recall and I was never notified. The 2nd computer had issues from the beginning and we will never again buy another HP.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:55 PM   #24
ACSNMama
Registered Users,br>Formerly: Mrs***08
seller

Re: Dead Computer, Dying Computer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by diana51 View Post
I had to comment that I've also had problems with HP, I've had 2 laptops die at less than 2 years old. When I called on the 1st one they told me I was out of luck bc the warranty was up, found out later there was a recall and I was never notified. The 2nd computer had issues from the beginning and we will never again buy another HP.
Glad I'm not alone!

DH ordered a new power supply, but this will be the second power supply in this computer, IMO it seems as if they are manufacturing them to fail over a period of time so you have to either buy parts or buy another computer.

I'm surprised this laptop is still with us right now! It has been re-booting by itself yesterday and today, the screen has also went dark for a split second a couple of times now, but has been fine. I also keep getting weird pop ups saying that different things aren't working properly, like realplayer...that windows isn't working properly, etc.

This laptop has been used so sparingly. We've used it for interenet and pretty much nothing else. We have antivirus on it, etc. I would like to wipe the computer, but we don't have any back up disk for the laptop.

ACSNMama is offline   Reply With Quote