Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 11:10 PM   #11
twinpossible's Avatar
twinpossible
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in a pile of laundry!
Posts: 1,987
My Mood:
Re: Turkey Babies Chat 4/13-4/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by beattymama View Post
bad nausea ALL DAY! i'm just trying to survive for the next 3 weeks, which seems like forever. i asked Dh to stay home from work today. yesterday was BAD i was sick and depressed all day. i know it's a good sign that i'm sick, i just can't handle it anymore. i feel like a weakling pregnant woman. the worst is when im so hungry but nothing sounds good to eat and makes me gag thinking of it. i would be happy not to eat until 12 weeks.

just make it through the next three weeks! crying it out seems to help.
Sorry mama, I hear that! I have had bad nausea for the last 2 weeks. Today was a semi-good day. The only thing that has worked is to eat every 2 hours or so and very bland food like a bagel. Ginger helps too. It just sucks

Advertisement

__________________
A crunchy wife to B and momma of identical twin girls G & E , our rainbow
baby C born at home April 2013 and R forever in my heart.
twinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:33 PM   #12
taralynnel's Avatar
taralynnel
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Monterey, CA (where ever the Marine Corps takes me)
Posts: 2,046
My Mood:
Re: Turkey Babies Chat 4/13-4/15

i've been taking b6/unisom at night and that seems to help with my ms most days. although i do have random gagging here and there i've only puked twice this pregnancy, but i didn't puke at all with #2 or #3, so that's not unusual for me. i'm SO tired still and have to have my daily 2 hour nap :P
i'm SO anxious for my monday appt. I'll be 10w1day and am praying that i will see 2 healthy little babies with beating hearts in there i'm not getting that big yet, which makes me nervous. pretty much everything makes me nervous
but, my 'gut' feels like everything is okay. i'm trusting in it (and God) and that's keeping me together until my appt at 10:15 on monday!

HURRY UP MONDAY!
__________________
Tara, lovin' wife to a United States Marine (Ray), and mommy to the E's: Emeline 9.23.03, Everett 6.29.05 & Elianna 3.20.08, missing my baby in heaven 7/11, my rainbows are here! Easton & Evangeline 10.22.12
taralynnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:25 AM   #13
clatchford2011's Avatar
clatchford2011
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Copperas Cove, TX
Posts: 1,543
Re: Turkey Babies Chat 4/13-4/15

Oh I am sorry you aren't feeling well mama! Nausea is the pits. I have been a little more sick than I was with DD. So yeah, it is different. But keep hydrated and things like toast, bread, crackers, or something that is carbs or bread like helps. If you can find a health place that carries homeopathics nux vomica works wonders!

As for me:
I got this cough that is just horrible and some sort of an infection in my lyrinix so monday when I go to my appointment I am going to ask about something for it because it sucks to have this and I keep pulling muscles in my stomach. ugh! I am getting boy vibes and going out looking at baby items getting super excited! I can't believe I am having another baby! So exciting!!!
__________________

Catie : Married to my Soldier and bestfriend for 4 awesome years,
Mommy to my little sunshine Isabel Born 12/30/2008
and my little rainbow Jacob Born 11/15/2012
clatchford2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:38 AM   #14
cherrycoke's Avatar
cherrycoke
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Maryland, US
Posts: 433
My Mood:
Re: Turkey Babies Chat 4/13-4/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
That must be SO hard! We got lucky because we had NO idea if I was 6 weeks or 10 weeks along so they did an US to confirm and I ended up being 6 weeks. It would drive me nuts waiting that long! If your midwife is like mine she has a doppler but not a US machine so she works with a local OB to do the US for her. Maybe call ahead and ask so you know if you will get one or not, I would be so so so disappointed if I went to my 1st appt. and didn't get a US.
I'll be getting an u/s soon enough anyway because I have a "history of cysts". I had a ginormous one with DS that we found too late to do anything about until after the birth (I ended up losing the ovary because it got bigger instead of going away). When I took the birth center tour I asked what they would do for me and the nurse was like, "oh we'd just make sure that you got a 20-week u/s" (which was when we found the last cyst and that was TOO LATE). So I came home and told DH that even if insurance didn't cover them, I'd pay for extra u/s's myself so that we can find out early enough to have it taken care of. I'll be talking to the midwife doing my first appointment about it and if I don't get a satisfactory answer then I'll just go back to my OB because ultimately if it comes down to keeping my last ovary or giving birth in a birth center, I'm totally keeping the ovary
__________________
Married to my one and only 08/08/08. Momma to DS1 5/11, DS2 11/12, and shhh someone new expected in 2015! We BF, BW, CD (most of the time), CS, and love every minute of it!
cherrycoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:13 AM   #15
clatchford2011's Avatar
clatchford2011
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Copperas Cove, TX
Posts: 1,543
Re: Turkey Babies Chat 4/13-4/15

hope that everything goes differently this time!


Well I went to my appointment and we couldn't find a heartbeat but we could definitely hear kicks and the placenta because the placenta is posterior, just like sissy's.... So gotta go back in 2 weeks for another u/s... He says I am 10 weeks today... which is kosher... I tell you, this little one doesn't like to be bothered.

Oh I hope we get some cooperation soon! The OB is surprising me and hoping we have a boy too. He said it would be a perfect mix in the home. So maybe there is some hope for this guy?
__________________

Catie : Married to my Soldier and bestfriend for 4 awesome years,
Mommy to my little sunshine Isabel Born 12/30/2008
and my little rainbow Jacob Born 11/15/2012
clatchford2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:08 PM   #16
armywife70's Avatar
armywife70
Registered Users
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ft. Jackson, SC
Posts: 1,036
My Mood:
Re: Turkey Babies Chat 4/13-4/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by beattymama View Post
bad nausea ALL DAY! i'm just trying to survive for the next 3 weeks, which seems like forever. i asked Dh to stay home from work today. yesterday was BAD i was sick and depressed all day. i know it's a good sign that i'm sick, i just can't handle it anymore. i feel like a weakling pregnant woman. the worst is when im so hungry but nothing sounds good to eat and makes me gag thinking of it. i would be happy not to eat until 12 weeks.

just make it through the next three weeks! crying it out seems to help.
You cry and complain all you want Mama! Ms is AWFUL! I *completely* understand the mixed feelings of being happy you are sick and being sooo miserable that you can't stand another moment of it! BIG and you feel free to vent away!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taralynnel View Post
i've been taking b6/unisom at night and that seems to help with my ms most days. although i do have random gagging here and there i've only puked twice this pregnancy, but i didn't puke at all with #2 or #3, so that's not unusual for me. i'm SO tired still and have to have my daily 2 hour nap :P
i'm SO anxious for my monday appt. I'll be 10w1day and am praying that i will see 2 healthy little babies with beating hearts in there i'm not getting that big yet, which makes me nervous. pretty much everything makes me nervous
but, my 'gut' feels like everything is okay. i'm trusting in it (and God) and that's keeping me together until my appt at 10:15 on monday!

HURRY UP MONDAY!
I would be feeling the exact same if I were preggers with twins as you for sure!!!! Oh I can NOT wait to see those beautiful babies! They should be a kicking and squirming in there!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrycoke View Post
I'll be getting an u/s soon enough anyway because I have a "history of cysts". I had a ginormous one with DS that we found too late to do anything about until after the birth (I ended up losing the ovary because it got bigger instead of going away). When I took the birth center tour I asked what they would do for me and the nurse was like, "oh we'd just make sure that you got a 20-week u/s" (which was when we found the last cyst and that was TOO LATE). So I came home and told DH that even if insurance didn't cover them, I'd pay for extra u/s's myself so that we can find out early enough to have it taken care of. I'll be talking to the midwife doing my first appointment about it and if I don't get a satisfactory answer then I'll just go back to my OB because ultimately if it comes down to keeping my last ovary or giving birth in a birth center, I'm totally keeping the ovary
I would do the same thing! My word how awful! The 19th is almost HERE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clatchford2011 View Post
hope that everything goes differently this time!


Well I went to my appointment and we couldn't find a heartbeat but we could definitely hear kicks and the placenta because the placenta is posterior, just like sissy's.... So gotta go back in 2 weeks for another u/s... He says I am 10 weeks today... which is kosher... I tell you, this little one doesn't like to be bothered.

Oh I hope we get some cooperation soon! The OB is surprising me and hoping we have a boy too. He said it would be a perfect mix in the home. So maybe there is some hope for this guy?
I'm SO glad you heard the kicks and placenta! That would be scary otherwise! WOOT WOOT for a BOY !!!
__________________
Becky ~ Wife to my high school sweetheart for 18 years, Mama and homeschool teacher to 7 here with us and 9 .Due with another RAINBOW!! Aug 18, 2014!
armywife70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:13 PM   #17
rosenfried2's Avatar
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Coconut Creek, FL
Posts: 2,533
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by beattymama
bad nausea ALL DAY! i'm just trying to survive for the next 3 weeks, which seems like forever. i asked Dh to stay home from work today. yesterday was BAD i was sick and depressed all day. i know it's a good sign that i'm sick, i just can't handle it anymore. i feel like a weakling pregnant woman. the worst is when im so hungry but nothing sounds good to eat and makes me gag thinking of it. i would be happy not to eat until 12 weeks.

just make it through the next three weeks! crying it out seems to help.
DdC. I'm still puking about 1x a week now at almost 27 weeks and I had nothing with my 1st. I was sick all day until 14 weeks this time. Hang in there!
__________________
My name is Amanda, happily married to Ernesto I'm a former HS teacher turned SAHM to Jake 6.7.10 and Norah 7.23.12

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #18
Amaggiepie's Avatar
Amaggiepie
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 3,221
My Mood:
Re: Turkey Babies Chat 4/13-4/15

Hey ladies! Sorry some of you are feeling so sick. The MS is generally better for me now, so I'm hopeful that the end is in sight. I can eat red meat again, though not ground, although touching is still a no no. I'll be 11 weeks Wednesday so that's exciting.

We did our tour of the birth center today. It was really nice, even though Carlos doesn't know how to drive and missed our turn and got us lost, then got mad at me for wanting to go somewhere far away. So he pulled over and I got us un-lost and found it right away. Men. On the plus side, we were only 20 minutes late. The class was great because he got to hear a lot of the natural birthing and non-interventionist care stuff that I spew from a (male) midwife with a zillion years experience, so I think he thinks I'm a little less crazy now. We didn't get to do the whole entire tour because there was a lady giving birth in room 1 and she had like 15 people with her so they had taken over the common areas. We saw room 2 which was okay, the wallpaper is horrendous, and room 3, which I LOVED, it was very bright with a monet print over the low bed, cream furniture, and an attached jacuzzi room separate from the bathroom. Room 1 also has a jacuzzi so I'm going to ask to see it and the common areas when I have my first appointment Thursday. Anyway, after the class, Carlos said, "It's a lot more comfortable than the hospital" and agreed to use them...which is probably the best I could have expected from him after all his griping about the drive and how dumb it was to come so far from home when we have hospitals close to us.

@Cherrycoke - I'm really excited for my appointment Thursday!!! I hope your ovary is cyst free and that you're able to use the center. Everything seems awesome there! Maybe we can grab lunch or something after our appointments? I don't know that area very well so I have no idea what's good. I should PM you.
__________________
Maggie, Falling in LOVE with my sexy DF Carlos all over again
WOHM to Juliana Elise (03/07) Wesley Dominick (06/10)
and Lily Carmen (10/12)
Amaggiepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:56 PM   #19
Amaggiepie's Avatar
Amaggiepie
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 3,221
My Mood:
Re: Turkey Babies Chat 4/13-4/15

DPing to say I finally posted my son's birth story:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...9#post14959449

2 years later
__________________
Maggie, Falling in LOVE with my sexy DF Carlos all over again
WOHM to Juliana Elise (03/07) Wesley Dominick (06/10)
and Lily Carmen (10/12)
Amaggiepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:14 AM   #20
clatchford2011's Avatar
clatchford2011
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Copperas Cove, TX
Posts: 1,543
Re: Turkey Babies Chat 4/13-4/15

I am getting a referral appointment I am not sure how I want to word WHY I want to switch providers. I am going to have to try
__________________

Catie : Married to my Soldier and bestfriend for 4 awesome years,
Mommy to my little sunshine Isabel Born 12/30/2008
and my little rainbow Jacob Born 11/15/2012
clatchford2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.