Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #61
pcjs
Registered Users

Re: April 2012 Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalynn1997 View Post
Thanks for this. I feel so blessed to be able to be a stay at home foster mom. I really feel for now that God has called us to this ministry and given us a heart of compassion for the parents.

After over a decade of infertility, several failed adoption attempts and nearly $100,000 wasted, we decided to try fostering. We thought maybe it would make our lives so miserable, we would get wanting kids out of our system. I never dared to believe, we would actually build a family this way. And I never expected to love it as much as I do.

Now we just hope to help as many kids and families as possible along the way to building our forever family. I dream of adopting 3 to 4 little ones and hope to help at least 50 other along the way.
We spent many years and blew more money than I'd like to admit but don't look at it as failed attempts but rather, it wasn't meant to be as our children weren't born yet/and you are just waiting to find them (or that is what I have always told myself).

Advertisement

Old 04-22-2012, 08:21 PM   #62
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi everyone, sorry I've been Mia so much lately dh had his gallbladder out and then we've been trying some fertility treatments again. Anyway we are being looked at by a birth family this week. It's twin girls born early. I'm not sure of the extent of their special needs because of being early so I'm just hoping whatever isnbest for our family is what ends up happening
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:39 PM   #63
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hope your dh is recovering well. Are the girls already born? That would cut down on a lot of anxiety and waiting if bm has already had them! Good luck!
Old 04-22-2012, 09:52 PM   #64
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy13 View Post
Hope your dh is recovering well. Are the girls already born? That would cut down on a lot of anxiety and waiting if bm has already had them! Good luck!
Yes they are actually 3 months old but still in the nicu
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:44 PM   #65
bug2003
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyltc View Post
Yes they are actually 3 months old but still in the nicu
When I saw that situation come through on the facebook page, I wondered if you would say you wanted to be considered. Good luck!
Old 04-23-2012, 11:37 AM   #66
dalynn1997
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyltc View Post
Hi everyone, sorry I've been Mia so much lately dh had his gallbladder out and then we've been trying some fertility treatments again. Anyway we are being looked at by a birth family this week. It's twin girls born early. I'm not sure of the extent of their special needs because of being early so I'm just hoping whatever isnbest for our family is what ends up happening
How exciting sending good thoughts your way. Sounds like they might have been micro preemie, right? Positive thing is if their was exposure issues with them being born so early the effects seem to be less and already will be through any withdraws.

If they are early preemies and you get them they will come with some standard equipment. Usually monitors, NG tube, oxygen ...none of which is too hard so if you get picked say YES, YES, YES!
Christian Wife to DH married 16 years. Forever mommy to my adopted son #9 C (3 yrs) Currently fostering #20 A our bonus buddy full sibling to my adopted son (16 mths). We have fostered 20 children so far, some with medical special needs. Still hoping for a forever girl.
dalynn1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:42 AM   #67
dalynn1997
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I will be picking up #17 tomorrow looks like a short term medical special needs placement.

Unfortunately, our legal risk girl placement is looking like it will NOT end up being a forever after all. Still will have her awhile though but she will more than likely ICPC to family.

Our homestudy is being looked at for a sibling sister set who are 2 and 4. Same ages as my sons bio sisters. My DH is really, really hoping that they choose us.
Christian Wife to DH married 16 years. Forever mommy to my adopted son #9 C (3 yrs) Currently fostering #20 A our bonus buddy full sibling to my adopted son (16 mths). We have fostered 20 children so far, some with medical special needs. Still hoping for a forever girl.
dalynn1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #68
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Good luck Amy! How exciting. I know some preemies can have life long complications but usually they are very manageable things like eye glasses due to damage from the oxygen, etc. If you have any questions there is an Early Arrivals section under parenting! Good luck, may the best thing for all happen!
Old 04-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #69
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Daylynn that is very exciting as well! Good luck to you guys and I am so sorry about the little girl going to family. I hope you're doing ok with that.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:06 PM   #70
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:

Twins! How fun. Prayers for you guys.

Dalynn - sorry about Hope. Hopefully a forever child(ren) are headed your way soon.

We are going to hopefully be shown again in the next couple of weeks to a baby with exposure and high possibility of sickle cell anemia. The agency is just waiting on the rest of her medical paperwork. I guess they had a harder time finding families to show, so maybe our odds are better this time?

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote