Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-13-2012, 01:21 PM   #1
SarahS12
Registered Users

Milk protein allergy and gassy baby

My LO has a hard time with dairy (not diagnosed but had the rash over the eyebrows, the red ring on the bottom and was we extremely gassy with stomach pain). Since I have cut out dairy he has tremendously improved. He is still super gassy though ( although it doesn't seem to be painful). He still kicks and twists at night and I am unsure whether it's gas or if he is just moving around. He. Has also recently started mashing his face into my shoulder and hunching over while I hold him. It's like his nose itches and he's rubbing it on my shoulder. I don't know if I should try eliminating other allergens. It seems like he would have more symptoms than gas and an itchy nose if he were allergic to something else. What do you think, does this all sound normal or should I keep eliminating. He is 5 mos. by the way.

Advertisement

SarahS12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #2
SarahS12
Registered Users

I meant to post this in the bfing forum, sorry!
Old 04-16-2012, 11:16 AM   #3
alioberg
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Milk protein allergy and gassy baby

My daughter has very similiar symptoms associated with dairy. I have found that I can't eat any baked foods with dairy, including breads. Once you start reading all the labels there is dairy in almost everything. There are a few breads available if you look for them. I have started using almond milk in my baking at home and have much better results than with soy milk. She is also sensitive to eggs, but not nearly as much as dairy. And of course, try keeping a food journal, they are very helpful.
alioberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:34 AM   #4
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Milk protein allergy and gassy baby

When did you cut out dairy? It can take weeks to be out of your system entirely, and then another week or two for the baby to be entirely clear.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #5
SarahS12
Registered Users

I cut it out 3 months ago, it has been awhile. I occasionally slip up but not often at all. When I do his rash always reappears for a day.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:50 PM   #6
MamaJax2010
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Dairy free for a year! It IS doable!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #7
SarahS12
Registered Users

I know it is doable, I just don't know if I should try cutting out other things too. He is sooooo gassy!
Old 04-17-2012, 07:04 PM   #8
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahS12
I know it is doable, I just don't know if I should try cutting out other things too. He is sooooo gassy!
Some gassiness is normal. Maybe try burping him during and after a feeding if you think his gassiness is really excessive. DD is 5 months, and still does better getting burped a couple times during a feeding.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote