Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-16-2012, 06:09 PM   #21
ittybittycoconuts
Registered Users
seller

Re: April Spending Accountability Thread

$210 at costco. We were out of alot of once a year/6 month purchase stuff. I also broke down and bought a bunch of snacky type food since DH has been getting stuck at work and Ive banned him from the drivethru. I plan to stock his mini fridge for the week with veggie sticks and ranch, 0 cal drinks and v8, yogurt, cheese sticks. I also got some no sugar fruit cups and a few different bags of fresh fruit and reduced fat cheeze its. He could have done without the cheeze its but they were on closeout for the price of a little box at WM. I also need to restock the snack/drink cooler in my car

And I still need to go into Sams for the things costco doesnt carry, blah!

Im still $150 under budget for food this month.

Advertisement

ittybittycoconuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:41 AM   #22
wolffie
Registered Users
seller

I'm trying to restrain myself from spending some money today. Help talk me out of it (or into it)! They are both groupon orders. Nothing that is NEEDED at all. One is for a movie deal and it is $8 for 2 tickets and a popcorn. The theater is about 30 minutes away and we would get dinner before hand so it wouldn't be a cheap night but it would be a date night. (dh and I never have date nights). The other groupon is for a kids activity place that we really like going to. It would be $22 total for 2 groupons for the 2 kids ($11 each).

If it makes any difference, the kids activity one expires at the end of June and the movie one expires at the end of October. I probably really should pass but they are just so tempting!
Mama to ds '08, dd '10, due w/#3 5/13! wife to Missing my angels 6/07, 10/07, 3/12
Let's swag! SWAG friends!
wolffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:58 PM   #23
ittybittycoconuts
Registered Users
seller

If its something your really honestly going to do anyway buy them. Buy the movie one and hold on to it until a good food groupon comes out. Have a half price date! I wish that one was valid here!

Im attempting to stay home today since I kinda over did it in costco yesterday, DH was happy with everything except the sponge bob gogurts hahahahaaaa but they were cheaper per oz and had less sugar than the yoplait cups he likes! He took them anyway. I do still need greek yogurt and some more fresh veggies.

I ordered some new pads for my swimsuit tops $1.50 shipped on ebay. Mine are pretty thrashed and bunchy so hopfully this helps!

Last edited by ittybittycoconuts; 04-17-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:59 PM   #24
wolffie
Registered Users
seller

I decided to pass on the groupon offers for now. They are good for another day or two so I can change my mind. I figure that if we put in the effort we can have a pretty great date night here at home once the kids are in bed. The big problem we have is getting a sitter. So a date night out could potentially get very expensive.

By passing on those offers I had another $0 day here! Tomorrow I will probably order my ds' bday shirt. I also have to get my eyebrows waxed...badly! I have a gift card but will need to tip. I'm hoping I have enough in the change jars to scrounge together some tip money (I won't give her the change, I'll trade it for bills).
Mama to ds '08, dd '10, due w/#3 5/13! wife to Missing my angels 6/07, 10/07, 3/12
Old 04-18-2012, 01:38 AM   #25
dncegrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yesterday was a no spend day! Today-not so much. Had to buy formula for my lo for my house and mil's house, along with shoes and clothes totally not needed. 90 down the drain. Then had to go back to get SO's dayquil and nightquil and facewash for me.20. Then had to fill up my car (which was planned in the budget) for 55. Hoping tomorrow is better!
dncegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:54 AM   #26
ittybittycoconuts
Registered Users
seller

Well today was a semi-fail afterall. DH needed to go get copy paper for work so we went to Sams. $100 in paper which well be reimbursed, $55 in food and $65 in gas in DH's car BUT it is the cheapest station by .20 gal.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:53 AM   #27
Jburns
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm in too but I'm starting with this week.

*I'm very lucky the healthcare facility where I work allows the employees to eat/drink what ever they want from the kitchen! So I never buy lunch or drinks and never have to take from home!

15- 0
16- 4.50 I joined a gym about a 8-10 walk from my house. The owner had her father at the facility where I'm a nurse and she said she would only charge me the monthly fee and no start up fee's if I wanted to join.. Took her up on it.. Prorated for the month, since it's only $10 a month!!
17- 43.47 Groceries ( I budget 50) and 35.40 ( unplanned but stocked pantry with (10.5 oz) cream of mushroom(24), cream of chicken soup (24) and (14.5 oz) chili diced tomato's (24)
18- 0 to much laundry to leave the house before work at 2:30p. :-)
Old 04-18-2012, 07:35 AM   #28
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:

My total for the month: $132.50 on a Waldorf doll I didn't mean to buy while window shopping
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:52 AM   #29
wolffie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherMoonPads View Post
My total for the month: $132.50 on a Waldorf doll I didn't mean to buy while window shopping
Oh No! What happened?
Old 04-18-2012, 08:19 AM   #30
wolffie
Registered Users
seller

Ugh, I jsut had to spend $16.99 on a Mary Poppins movie on amazon. One of my coworkers insisted I borrow a bunch of her Disney movies for my kids for our long road trip. I really didn't want to borrow them b/c I didn't want to be responsible. She kept insisting, so I took them. We didn't even use them and when I returned them she asked if my kids watched Mary Poppins b/c it's her favorite. I said that I don't think she gave me Mary Poppins and she insisted she had. I told her I would look at home and she said she would do the same. Well, she told me yesterday that I definitely still have it b/c she does not. My dh looked all over the house yesterday, in the van, all our luggage, etc. I am positive she didn't give it to me. To avoid any conflict I just ordered her a new one. Super annoying. At least it was on sale on amazon.