Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-17-2012, 06:45 AM   #11
ellaphen
Registered Users
Formerly: babyellabella
seller

Re: OCD PANDAS

Oh goodness! Those clips about Sammy brought tears to my eyes.

My little one hasn't had any episodes nearly as drastic as some of the examples I have seen. I remember that he had a banana with breakfast several days before I took him to the doctor. When I gave him half of the banana, he immediately threw it in the garbage and then had a fit when he realized that was the last banana. He wanted to peel it himself.
I originally scheduled the appointment for his sister and ended up calling back to reschedule and address his irritability (linking it to an ear infection he had two weeks prior). My dd showed classic signs of strep. Fever, sore throat, etc. When we arrived, dd's rapid test came back positive immediately. It was suggested that ds be tested as well, even though he wasn't necessarily showing symptoms. His was positive as well.

This morning I made him a bowl of his FAVORITE "candy cereal" for breakfast - Reese's Puffs, no milk. We generally use these as a treat. This may sound terrible, but I made a marked effort to ensure he saw me touching the cereal. A few pieces fell on the table, and he immediately said "Oh, we can feed these to Lulu (our dog). We don't have to waste them." He took only a few bites in the 15 minutes we sat at the table. When I asked him if there was something wrong with his cereal, he assured me there wasn't. I even offered to make a new bowl, but he said he wasn't interested in breakfast.

I know I'm probably over-analyzing this now. Like escapethevillage posted, I want to believe it's just an increased interest in germs and sickness, and how they are related. Because we've all been under the weather lately, I have made plenty of comments in the recent past about being especially vigilant in our habits - washing hands, replacing toothbrushes, wiping all door handles and light switches, etc. Doctor's office doesn't open until 9, at which point I'll schedule an appointment.

Advertisement

ellaphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:37 PM   #12
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: OCD PANDAS

I'm really sorry to hear you are going through this. :hug: I hope it isn't this. I don't know much about it, but we have been dealing with recurrent strep throat in our house and I came across this in reading about it. It really scares me since we have strep so much. I pray you find a solution and that it isn't this. :hug:
Old 04-17-2012, 03:46 PM   #13
AngelTV83
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My nephew has it and had has major OCD issues with it he is on daily antibiotics which has helped out a lot

Due May 2013
AngelTV83 is offline   Reply With Quote