Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-17-2012, 03:56 PM   #11
Shimpie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What does your toddler eat for lunch?

DD is almost 19 months. Her teeth came in early too. Her canines are halfway in and her 2 year molars are just cutting. I'm not sure every 14 month old can handle nuts.

If you haven't introduced peanut butter yet, start with that. Then choose the softer nuts like cashews. Also look for low salt or salt free nuts and seeds.

Advertisement

Last edited by Shimpie; 04-17-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Shimpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #12
GreyMum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks! That's helpful -- teeth, yes, we'll wait a bit more!! We have tried PB. It's not a favorite.
GreyMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:33 PM   #13
Ryder
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks for all the great ideas!! I'm just trying to get more veggies into the kid which is so tough! I will try the cream cheese sandwich. I'm thinking sandwiches are still hard since he just eats the inside. We also have a nut free daycare so PB is out. Thanks everyone though!!!
Happily married to "M" and loving life with my toddler "B" 8.17.10. Waiting for #2, my christmas baby!!
Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #14
Ryder
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyMum
My 14 month old is also in daycare 2X per week. I usually send:

Breakfast: french toast cut into cubes (she eats when she first gets there), but she could also have this for lunch, or pancakes with cottage cheese mixed into batter, or scrambled eggs with a little cheese

Snacks: sometimes cubed cheese - havarti is her fave! :-) ; grape tomatoes cut into pieces (she always gets this); banana; tj's jarred peaches cut up; avocado; cut up peeled pears.

Lunch:

Veggie from the night before - broccoli or asparagus are faves.

Sweet potato. I almost always send sweet potato.

Today I sent a black bean burger that I made from dry beans with cheese. (She ate some last night, but not too into it.)

Pasta with sauce (not a fave.)

Quesadilla (black bean and cheese)

Grilled cheese (not warm when she eats it, but she doesn't seem to mind. I suppose I do this because otherwise sandwich would fall apart, and she'd just eat the cheese. I also make it in the am when I make her breakfast, so it's not leftover from night before.)

Fritatta is a good option, but she doesn't enjoy it (even though she loves her eggs.)

I used to make cream cheese sandwiches with a little fruit jam, but she now rejects them.
How do you send the sweet potato? Do you roast and chop?
Happily married to "M" and loving life with my toddler "B" 8.17.10. Waiting for #2, my christmas baby!!
Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #15
elkay724
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When DD2 has to pack a lunch for preschool:

PB&J on wheat
Strawberries, grapes
Goldfish crackers
elkay724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:41 PM   #16
mebl0901
Registered Users
seller

Grilled cheese, quesadillas with cheese and refried beans, scrambled eggs, turkey sandwich torn into small pieces, appleasauce, yogurt, cut up fruit (he loves bananas!), left overs. He usually likes things with ground beef - spaghetti, lasagna, taco meat, meatloaf, etc - so he eats leftovers when we've had something like that the night before. I think it's easier to eat than chicken or pork which he usually won't eat too much of. He loves sweet peas and corn but won't eat many other veggies so I try to make those things often for him. I do bake sweet potatoes, add cinnamon, and put in ice cube trays to freeze. I thaw out the cubes and mix in yogurt and he'll eat that right up.

Of course loves typical toddler treats like crackers and cheerios and soft cereal bars.

Last edited by mebl0901; 04-17-2012 at 07:43 PM.
mebl0901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:07 PM   #17
jamieism
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We do leftovers for lunch. So tomorrow is chicken, green beans and potato wedges. Today was steak, Mexican rice, and beans. She likes yogurt and fruit (apples, raspberries, strawberries, clementines) for snacks, but also pretzels (dc is nut free), crackers and cheese, dry cereal. I haven't tried dd on this yet bc I forget, but my older two like those snapea crisps. Also veggie booty but we don't buy it anymore as it goes stale so fast. Dd loves dipping things, so hummus and carrots or chips or crackers. Also any of these dipped in ranch (gross, IMO, but dh and all my kids love it).

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
Old 04-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #18
GreyMum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
How do you send the sweet potato? Do you roast and chop?
Bake and scoop. I'll admit, it's a little messy, but she loves it!!
GreyMum is offline   Reply With Quote