Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-17-2012, 07:02 PM   #11
b bright
Registered Users
seller

Well, tonight is going to be night number 1 on the twin bed. We took down the crib and the bunk beds into 2 twin beds. The boys are going to be sleeping on the "top bunk" because it has the railing around the edges anyways. It IS on the floor though, not up a ladder! So it's going to feel similar to a crib for them, but they can climb out. For now we are going to keep the door cover on there until we can find some other way to keep them in their room at night. If there were an emergency dd can open the door, but most likely she would be asleep and I would have to run to their room anyways. Their room is right next to mine anyways so it's not like I have to run across the house or anything.

We just put then into bed and so far they are mad. Lol.

Advertisement

Old 04-17-2012, 09:37 PM   #12
b bright
Registered Users
seller

Tonight has been a huge fail. It's 10:30 and they are still wide awake. They have pulled out things stored under the beds (crib pieces, etc) and have actually BROKE the bed. The bed was a cheapy from Walmart anyways, so I should have known, but they broke the wooden rails off on the side of the bed that holds the ladder. So now this bed is useless as a top bunk unless someone is willing to put their child on a top bunk with no safety rail and I don't know who would be crazy enough to do that (I fell off and broke my collar bone due to this happening when I was little!) and I was between 5-10...somewhere in there. We could always buy new wood or make new holes, etc but as is, they have literally destroyed this bed tonight. :/ why are these boys such little terrors? Oh and on top of that, one of them has made himself naked twice already.