Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #11
Zookeeper
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Once again, I'm here girls and reading, but lacking on solid time to respond!

Advertisement

Old 04-17-2012, 09:08 PM   #12
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Rachel-Hi nice to see you! hope you can find time for an update soon!!

Tippytoe-thanks for the hugs!! it sucks losing your mama. I wish she could have held my babies... Sigh. feeling sorry for myself. As for your gift--maybe the wahm can mail straight to your partner to save on time? Julia is doing this also. I think it's fine just make sure she still gives you a delivery confirmation #. HTH! It'll all work out!

Last edited by justineybean; 04-17-2012 at 09:13 PM.
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:51 PM   #13
Tippytoe
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by justineybean
Rachel-Hi nice to see you! hope you can find time for an update soon!!

Tippytoe-thanks for the hugs!! it sucks losing your mama. I wish she could have held my babies... Sigh. feeling sorry for myself. As for your gift--maybe the wahm can mail straight to your partner to save on time? Julia is doing this also. I think it's fine just make sure she still gives you a delivery confirmation #. HTH! It'll all work out!
:'-( I know mother's day is around the corner, and can't imagine how difficult this must be to be missing your mama. I'm sure she's smiling down on you and your precious babies. ::

As for my gift, it showed up, and it's freaking adorable and well-made...and I want to keep it. Lol!!! Can't wait to send it to live with its baby <3.

I had a real poopy day. My hormones are whacked out, and my migraines are back in full force. I've been feeling frumpy and dumpy. The weather has finally gotten spring-like and I realized I NEED to start losing weight. It gets really hot here, and I can't tolerate the heat with extra weight! But I'm worried about this muffin top! I've never carried weight on my
Midsection, and I'm worried it won't go away. My body is shaped differently after this last pregnancy.

Ugh :-/. The baby has been sick since Easter and I think today I had just reached a point of exhaustion. Usually I'm pretty good about keeping it together, but I fell crying in a heaping pile on the floor in front of my 4y.o. I felt badly she saw me crying.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:59 AM   #14
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: * May 2011 Mamas - April Chat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippytoe View Post
:'-( I know mother's day is around the corner, and can't imagine how difficult this must be to be missing your mama. I'm sure she's smiling down on you and your precious babies. ::

As for my gift, it showed up, and it's freaking adorable and well-made...and I want to keep it. Lol!!! Can't wait to send it to live with its baby <3.

I had a real poopy day. My hormones are whacked out, and my migraines are back in full force. I've been feeling frumpy and dumpy. The weather has finally gotten spring-like and I realized I NEED to start losing weight. It gets really hot here, and I can't tolerate the heat with extra weight! But I'm worried about this muffin top! I've never carried weight on my
Midsection, and I'm worried it won't go away. My body is shaped differently after this last pregnancy.

Ugh :-/. The baby has been sick since Easter and I think today I had just reached a point of exhaustion. Usually I'm pretty good about keeping it together, but I fell crying in a heaping pile on the floor in front of my 4y.o. I felt badly she saw me crying.
Aw Thank you for the sweet, comforting words. I'm sorry for all you are going through lately! I think it's okay for children to know that their mamas cry and have bad days too... not to mention sometimes a good cry can do so much for the soul.

I can really relate to your attention to your weight recently. I went to visit my twin sister who doesn't have any children and always gets a shower and her clothes are always clean and stylish and she fixes her hair and wears makeup. I have never felt more frumpy, except maybe when I had to stand up in her wedding which was 9 days after DD was born and she only asked me to be in it 2 days before so I had to wear a t-shirt. Lol! I feel your pain I have a serious muffin top too even if I am wearing elastic pants. Any plans to exercise? I really want to start jogging but I can't figure out when. DH gets home late and there's not much chance I'll get up early to go.

Glad your gift came and turned out the way you hoped!!
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:22 AM   #15
Greenebean214
Registered Users
seller

Big hugs, justineybean. I can't imagine

We are battling some molars over here. Consequently, DD doesn't sleep anymore and neither do I not that she was ever a good sleeper, she is just terribly restless.

And my insomnia is back. What a slap in the face! I can fall asleep just fine, but when DD wakes me I can't fall back asleep- no matter how exhausted I am. And since she still nurses 2-5 times at night and ends up bedsharing, I can't take meds. I am such a b*tch without sleep!!

She is standing on her own and walking along furniture!! She's so big. Sometimes I look at her and can't believe she's already turning into a little girl. Not a baby anymore

She still weighs 21 lbs, and is 30" long. She loves to share food with us (even the dog) and she gives hugs and kisses freely. I LOVE this age. It's so nice to still be needed but not 24/7. Daddy even got her to sleep last night <3

We have her first birthday party on the 12th (her actual bday) and my Mom is flying down for it!! Yay. Then two weeks later we are heading FL my BFFs wedding in Dom Rep. My parents are going too, so they can help with DD and maybe give us a day to drink (or SLEEP) by the pool!

Is anyone else having body issues? I have luckily lost all the baby weight, plus some. But my body is a WRECK. I walk the dog, usually with DD on my back, 5 times a week. I do random exercises like lunges and crunches. My size 8s are almost too big, but I still look so gross and floppy.

I was a size 12 before getting pregnant, I should be happy! But I am so self conscious and wearing a bathing suit around my BFF and her lean, beautiful sisters is going to make me sad. I had to get my passport photo retaken, and I look SO tired and worn out. Probably because I am... I feel like I've aged 10 years.

Sorry for my novel, this has been really bugging me and I can't seen to talk about it. It also doesn't help DH has lost over 20 lbs, is looking SO hot and I look like a friggin dump truck.

DD is obsessed with dog food and toys, she found a toy in our bedroom and brought it out to show me... LOL... I had to snap a pic!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20120418_101954.jpg (7.9 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20120418_102156.jpg (5.9 KB, 18 views)

Welcomed Liberty Grace May 12, 2011!
Greenebean214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:32 PM   #16
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I feel like I should post a pic of my almost 42 year old self to make you all feel better! And remember I have 6 kiddos! Seriously though...remember that we are always hardest on ourselves and that our babies see us as beautiful beautiful beautiful!!!
Old 04-19-2012, 02:22 AM   #17
Tippytoe
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by justineybean

Aw Thank you for the sweet, comforting words. I'm sorry for all you are going through lately! I think it's okay for children to know that their mamas cry and have bad days too... not to mention sometimes a good cry can do so much for the soul.

I can really relate to your attention to your weight recently. I went to visit my twin sister who doesn't have any children and always gets a shower and her clothes are always clean and stylish and she fixes her hair and wears makeup. I have never felt more frumpy, except maybe when I had to stand up in her wedding which was 9 days after DD was born and she only asked me to be in it 2 days before so I had to wear a t-shirt. Lol! I feel your pain I have a serious muffin top too even if I am wearing elastic pants. Any plans to exercise? I really want to start jogging but I can't figure out when. DH gets home late and there's not much chance I'll get up early to go.

Glad your gift came and turned out the way you hoped!!
A good cry can do wonders for the soul! :-)

I hope to not offend, but I got a good chuckle out of your second paragraph. Lol. I had to take DD in to the pedi today, and low and behold, she has an ear infection!! That's the reason she's been so out of sorts. Poor little thing I feel so badly for her. But when the pedi walked in, she said, "You look good!" I had to laugh because I always look tore up when I go in, I guess!! But, I did finally get a shower and wash my hair the night before lol. ;-)

I don't know what I'm going to do for exercise. My two older kids go to different schools, so I'm not sure. I'd love to walk my son to and from school everyday to get some walking in, but I don't have enough time to get my daughter to school on the other side of town. I have a gym membership, but don't have anyone to watch my kids. At night I'm trying to play catch up and at least straighten up the house and attack the elephant in the room (aka the heaping pile of laundry on my couch) :-). I guess I need two extra hours added to my day!! Lol. My hubby works a lot and its difficult to plan on going to the gym. I'll make plans to go, then he'll have to do mandatory OT. Now, the OT would be great if it was fun $$, but it's not :-(. Do you have a jogging stroller to take the baby with you? My baby HATES the stroller.

So since we went to the doctor today, here are her stats. She's 17 lbs 10 ozs and 28" long. I knew she was tiny, but I was kind of shocked when I saw how light she was. She scoots around on her butt kind of like a crab, pulls herself up on the kitchen chairs, ottoman, and whatever else she can get a grip of. But she will not move from that spot. She will just stand there. So after she hits 12 months, the pedi wants me to fill out a questionnaire to see if she's delayed and might need therapy. It's so strange to me because my other two were crawling by eight months, cruising by or about 10 months, and both walked nearly on their first birth dates. I guess it's true every baby is different.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:34 AM   #18
Tippytoe
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenebean214
Big hugs, justineybean. I can't imagine

We are battling some molars over here. Consequently, DD doesn't sleep anymore and neither do I not that she was ever a good sleeper, she is just terribly restless.

And my insomnia is back. What a slap in the face! I can fall asleep just fine, but when DD wakes me I can't fall back asleep- no matter how exhausted I am. And since she still nurses 2-5 times at night and ends up bedsharing, I can't take meds. I am such a b*tch without sleep!!

She is standing on her own and walking along furniture!! She's so big. Sometimes I look at her and can't believe she's already turning into a little girl. Not a baby anymore

She still weighs 21 lbs, and is 30" long. She loves to share food with us (even the dog) and she gives hugs and kisses freely. I LOVE this age. It's so nice to still be needed but not 24/7. Daddy even got her to sleep last night <3

We have her first birthday party on the 12th (her actual bday) and my Mom is flying down for it!! Yay. Then two weeks later we are heading FL my BFFs wedding in Dom Rep. My parents are going too, so they can help with DD and maybe give us a day to drink (or SLEEP) by the pool!

Is anyone else having body issues? I have luckily lost all the baby weight, plus some. But my body is a WRECK. I walk the dog, usually with DD on my back, 5 times a week. I do random exercises like lunges and crunches. My size 8s are almost too big, but I still look so gross and floppy.

I was a size 12 before getting pregnant, I should be happy! But I am so self conscious and wearing a bathing suit around my BFF and her lean, beautiful sisters is going to make me sad. I had to get my passport photo retaken, and I look SO tired and worn out. Probably because I am... I feel like I've aged 10 years.

Sorry for my novel, this has been really bugging me and I can't seen to talk about it. It also doesn't help DH has lost over 20 lbs, is looking SO hot and I look like a friggin dump truck.

DD is obsessed with dog food and toys, she found a toy in our bedroom and brought it out to show me... LOL... I had to snap a pic!
Cute pics! :-)

Body issues? Yes! I bounced back after my first two pregnancies, but this one has left me some unsightly souvenirs and packaging. Lol. Congrats on getting down to an 8. That's awesome, mama. I'm sure you look fabulous ;-). And going to the Dominican Republic sounds awesome. Hopefully you and your hubby get some quiet poolside relaxation.

We've been battling sleep issues over here. DD used to sleep pretty well. Now she doesn't nap, wakes up all night. I tried getting her into her crib and we made it two nights and I got lazy :-(.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:35 AM   #19
Tippytoe
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermelon
I feel like I should post a pic of my almost 42 year old self to make you all feel better! And remember I have 6 kiddos! Seriously though...remember that we are always hardest on ourselves and that our babies see us as beautiful beautiful beautiful!!!
Lol. Post a pic!! You're close to me in age ;-) yay!!
Old 04-20-2012, 09:40 AM   #20
watermelon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippytoe View Post
Lol. Post a pic!! You're close to me in age ;-) yay!!
Ah good another oldie !