Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-17-2012, 04:38 PM   #101
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
So has anyone else gotten tired of cloth? I dunno what's wrong with me....I'm about ready to sell off my stash. Lately, it just feels like one more thing to do. Unfortunately, sposies are just too convenient. I won't sell anytime soon but dd has been in Pampers Sensitives for a couple weeks now and I'm liking it a little too much. :/

Advertisement

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #102
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Aug. '11 - April Chat

Britt- I put Tanner in sposies way to much. He is still not pt'ed and I hate toddlers in cloth!!!! But I do it anyway--well sometimes.

I still think cloth is cute for Peyton though. I try to keep it as simple as possible--flats and 6 flip covers and 6 bg's.

I went overboard with Tanner and cding and never was happy. But I do currently feel like I am doing too much laundry!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #103
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yea I was fortunate that my last in diapers PT'd right after 2 so I didn't mess with it for too long.

I spent so much time building up dd's stash that I have an embarrassing amount of diapers. My mom has also put a lot Ito her cloth (she loves GMs so she bought tons and has also become a wool love so is responsible for probably half the woolies. If I didn't feel so much pressure to keep up with it because of that alone I'd sell it all tomorrow.

I do love her dipes but with how on-the-go I am, I hate that I have to lug a zillion diapers everywhere and and as lame a it is, none of the cute clothes fit.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:28 PM   #104
sblakeley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatt-townmommy

Wow sounds bad! Does she have food/milk allergies?
They did testing a few months ago (blood rast test) and it came back no allergies. There is a pretty high rate of it being wrong when done so young. I think we are going to do scratch testing, but now have to wait because she has had benadryl recently. We see the doc again on Thursday for weekly weigh in.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:56 PM   #105
greengranny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatt-townmommy View Post
Tell me about IUD's...? I have a conception of them being dangerous for your body and it is sorta 'aborting' a cell that has already began?? tell me if I am wrong b/c I like the diaphragm but it can be a bother esp now that I am probly 'done' having kids...
IUD's do not prevent conception. They prevent implantation by making the uterine environment hostile, so yes, they are abortifacient.
Stacey, wife to Steve, Mom to 26yod, 24yod, 22yod, 20yos, Granny to 4 and #5 due 1/16
Step-mom to 28yoss & step-granny to 5, Caretaker of 2 dogs, 5 cats + Kool & the Gang (my roo and his "chicks")
Christian SAHM/Granny & Disney travel planner - hbirthed, b-fed, cd'd, co-slept, sel/delay vax, didn't circ
greengranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:17 AM   #106
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by greengranny

IUD's do not prevent conception. They prevent implantation by making the uterine environment hostile, so yes, they are abortifacient.
This exactly. Are you not interested in hormonal bc? I worked as a nurse assistant to a gyn for a few years and my fave bc was Nuva Ring. To me it was the least complicated and less complicating means few chances to use it incorrectly.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:01 AM   #107
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengranny View Post
OK, thats what I thought
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt View Post
This exactly. Are you not interested in hormonal bc? I worked as a nurse assistant to a gyn for a few years and my fave bc was Nuva Ring. To me it was the least complicated and less complicating means few chances to use it incorrectly.
I considered it, but in the end I just dont want to mess with my body's hormones at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sblakeley View Post
They did testing a few months ago (blood rast test) and it came back no allergies. There is a pretty high rate of it being wrong when done so young. I think we are going to do scratch testing, but now have to wait because she has had benadryl recently. We see the doc again on Thursday for weekly weigh in.
hmm, yah it sounds like she is reacting to something huh...with a skin rash and bright red bottom from one poo. What did she eat that day or before can you remember? poor thing.

Britt im not on the go at all, so I can understand how using cloth is annoying for you. I use sposies when I go out and at night. walgreens brand has been great and less$ as well as Luvs. I do like my cloth at home tho, and since I just got a laundry line it makes me more happy to not spend $ on the dryer!
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:09 AM   #108
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My littles just eased back into cloth this week. Rotavirus poo + cloth= no way. We do cloth just at home. And not at night for the littles, but my oldest has flip trainers for nighttime. It was sooo expenisve having them in sposies for that time. And our trash was overpacked. I was kind of excited to get them back to their fluffy butts!
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:03 PM   #109
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by estradaamyl
My littles just eased back into cloth this week. Rotavirus poo + cloth= no way. We do cloth just at home. And not at night for the littles, but my oldest has flip trainers for nighttime. It was sooo expenisve having them in sposies for that time. And our trash was overpacked. I was kind of excited to get them back to their fluffy butts!
That's the only thing I cant stand honestly... Disposables are SO expensive!! I don't know how I afforded two kids in them for so long.

I am feeling like crud today. I've developed a nasty head cold so I just feel yucky. I have to take Dominic and Nathan to get baseball gloves after school. Plus I already promised all of them a trip they Dairy Queen with their Easter cards from Grandma. I really just want to take dd and Nathan and crawl into bed and sleep.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:23 PM   #110
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have the head cold here too! And its making me miserable. Plus the boys are acting crazy like there is a full moon or something.

As for the diapers, target diapers are a nice price imo and we usually use those here, unfortunately the closest target is an hr away from here so I do use walmart ones as well. I have issues with buying expensive disposables lol!

On the birth control topic--you read the first part of this post, does the nuva ring make you crazy like the pill. I talked to my Dr about the pill making you nuts and he said there is nothing in the medical books about it but it was written by a bunch of men and he sees alot of woman who have that complaint. At this point I think I may try it though!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote