Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-16-2012, 06:54 PM   #11
firstimemommy44
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm just starting to feel more movement I love it we're team green I finally convinced my husband that we want to wait next visit is friday yayyyyy can't wait to hear the heartbeat

Advertisement

My swagbucks http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/ellen44
firstimemommy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 08:09 PM   #12
QHoneyB
Registered Users
seller

Re: Weekly Chat 4/16-4/22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesley@CottonBabies View Post
Our gender scan is a week from tomorrow! We were team green, but a couple weeks ago my husband decided he couldn't wait to find out! If it's a boy his name will be Elliot Day, and we're still undecided on a girl name. It was going to be Della June, but my husband also changed his mind about that! We're thinking maybe Stella but I'm not sold yet.
Aw, I like the name Della

Quote:
Originally Posted by champatlife View Post
I love the name Vinny! nd anthony for a middle name.

------------------------------------------

I'm so crazy hormonal lately, luckily not mean. Just very emotional, everything makes me bawl my eyes out. My oldest had her kindergarten recital, and when she came out and started dancing, I completely lost it. A big giant mess in a crowd full of people, my husband is like, "why are you crying?" Everyone else was cheering, hah. I said, "i thik it's because I'm pregnant, hahaha."

We have our nxt ultrasound on the 23rd, (this would be the big gender unveiling, but I already had that early.) I wonder if I'll cry at that too?
Yeah, I've been more emotional too, but usually just a bit more crabby. And not wanting my daughter to crawl all over me, poor girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMama View Post
I get my ultrasound on Wed, and I'll be one day shy of 19 weeks. I'm so excited, and I'm really hoping I don't cave and demand to know what the baby is. Hopefully DH and my mom can keep me strong.

Yesterday I felt baby kick from the outside for the first time! I was lounging on the couch when I got a really hard kick, and I SAW my belly jump, so I put my hand there and got a hard bump a few seconds later! Baby kept right on kicking, so my mom (who is visiting from AZ) and my oldest daughter got to feel baby too! I started getting all teary... there's really a baby in there!
Yay for strong baby kicks, I can't wait!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandj View Post
We found out last Friday that we're having a little girl! I tried to talk to DH about names and he suggested 'Fredericka' and 'Unis'.

Can you guess why it took us so long to name DS? every time we'd talk names DH would suggest ridiculous ones! and he is totally kidding before you think I'm hurting his feelings lol
Oh my, yeah, that's really helpful name suggesting LOL. I have stopped looking at names for now. I have so much else to do and I just figure if we find out gender first I'll have half the work to do!

I was so happy to find out yesterday that I can eat salad again!!! I am a big salad eater, but early on it started making me nauseous and gaggy. So yesterday I had two big salads. So glad to have that way of getting lots of veggies again!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #13
austinandashlynsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have been craving salad a lot lately! I even eat it for afternoon snacks LOL.

I'm starting to get leg cramps at night. I've had this before in pregnancy, but usually closer to the end. I'm taking a prenatal vitamin, but time to up my potassium I guess.

I have an anterior placenta this pregnancy and the us tech said its middle to high in my uterus. Its so frustrating to not feel movement as frequently as I'd like. When she is feet down, I can feel the kicks, but then she will reverse and I wont feel her for a day or 2. Not good for the mama nerves.
austinandashlynsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:29 PM   #14
2beauties
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMama View Post
I get my ultrasound on Wed, and I'll be one day shy of 19 weeks. I'm so excited, and I'm really hoping I don't cave and demand to know what the baby is. Hopefully DH and my mom can keep me strong.

Yesterday I felt baby kick from the outside for the first time! I was lounging on the couch when I got a really hard kick, and I SAW my belly jump, so I put my hand there and got a hard bump a few seconds later! Baby kept right on kicking, so my mom (who is visiting from AZ) and my oldest daughter got to feel baby too! I started getting all teary... there's really a baby in there!
It never gets old feeling those kicks, no matter how many you have! I am 19 weeks and DH felt the baby on the outside yesterday. Its so awesome. I have my scan the 27th on my 30th birthday! So pumped about it. If we have a boy I am pretty sure he will be named Davis. I don't have a middle name. My other boys are Miller and Grant. I obviously have a thing for last names as first names Miller is my maiden name. DD is Evie June. I don't know for a girl. I like Mercy Claire, or Nora Claire. We will see in a few days!!!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 11:04 PM   #15
MacMama
Registered Users
Formerly: PaisleyandLaylasmommy
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinandashlynsmommy View Post
I have been craving salad a lot lately! I even eat it for afternoon snacks LOL.

I'm starting to get leg cramps at night. I've had this before in pregnancy, but usually closer to the end. I'm taking a prenatal vitamin, but time to up my potassium I guess.

I have an anterior placenta this pregnancy and the us tech said its middle to high in my uterus. Its so frustrating to not feel movement as frequently as I'd like. When she is feet down, I can feel the kicks, but then she will reverse and I wont feel her for a day or 2. Not good for the mama nerves.
That stinks! Hopefully as your uterus moves up you'll be able to feel her kicks more.
I'm pretty sure my placenta is near the top and a little in front too, because as hard as this baby has been kicking I've almost always felt it near or under my pubic bone-- and my uterus has been at my belly button for 2 weeks now. When I finally got to feel the kicks from the outside baby happened to be sideways so the kicks were the highest I've felt them-- about halfway between my pubic bone and my belly button. I guess I'll see if I guessed right about the placenta on Wed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2beauties View Post
It never gets old feeling those kicks, no matter how many you have! I am 19 weeks and DH felt the baby on the outside yesterday. Its so awesome. I have my scan the 27th on my 30th birthday! So pumped about it. If we have a boy I am pretty sure he will be named Davis. I don't have a middle name. My other boys are Miller and Grant. I obviously have a thing for last names as first names Miller is my maiden name. DD is Evie June. I don't know for a girl. I like Mercy Claire, or Nora Claire. We will see in a few days!!!!!
It doesn't! This is my fourth too, and everything about it is as intense as my first. I worried just as much in my first trimester, get just as excited feeling the kicks... and I'm probably even more excited to meet this little person, because already having three I know how amazing motherhood is! I love your kids names, so beautiful and classic.
Heather; wife to my love Jacob, lucky mama of Layla (9), Paisley (7), Thatcher (almost 5) and my nursling, Koa (9/4/12). Creator of Hand-stamped jewelry, custom teething necklaces and accessories by Avery Rayne Designs
MacMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:24 PM   #16
marvelous
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have to wait two more weeks for an ultrasound appt. I would be okay with team green, but I'm leaning toward finding out just because we have so much rearranging to do. During my appt last week, baby was so active that dr. had a hard time getting a hb, but it was nice and strong. I feel flutters every once-in-awhile, but not a lot just yet.

Still adjusting to this pregnancy. Not totally excited, but not as bummed out either. I feel guilty for not being totally ecstatic, but I'll get there. I have a lot of supportive friends and family who are with me where I am now. I feel very fortunate for that.

Don't mean to bring anyone else's joy down. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:53 AM   #17
RhondaJane
Registered Users
seller

Can anyone tell me how to get added to the Facebook group? My name on there is Rhonda Bunn Hill if you need that. I've been lurking on here since getting my BFP in January and am bummed by how slow it's getting. Thanks!
Happily expecting #3 in Sept 2012
RhondaJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:07 AM   #18
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That's so exciting that some of you are feeling kicks on the outside already!! Vinny is starting to kick all throughout the day now, but notstrong enough to feel it from the outside yet. It's still pretty faint just for me to feel it.

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:11 AM   #19
QHoneyB
Registered Users
seller

Yay, another week has gone by, I'll be 18 weeks tomorrow. Two more weeks until we find out gender (pleas cooperate, baby!). I had a good birthday this week, DH took me out for both lunch and dinner (he didn't want me to cook on my birthday and didn't feel like cooking himself). I also discovered I can eat hummus again. Yay! My DD was sure glad I made hummus again, she's been snacking on it for two days now. Good to have another source of protein.
These mood swings are cazy, I'll feel awesome one minute and half an hour later I'm crabby at the world! DD can really sense my moods, too, I try to reassure her that I'm not actually crabby at her, but to please not invade my space anyway LOL
Old 04-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #20
yankeesundbound
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have started to feel tiny flutters, but that's all. It bugs me that I have almost no other symptoms, so I've been using the doppler no less than 3 times a day. As for names, if it's a girl I have no idea what her name will be. I like Jackson for a boy, and it was on parenting's 10 most hated list today, with no explanation why... I don't think it's over used, and we won't be spelling it funny.