Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:55 PM   #1
Registered Users
lightboxes and train tables, oh my!

I really have two questions, but I didn't think it was worth two different threads.

Does anyone have a lightbox for their kiddoes? Did you buy one or make it? I'm considering making one for my dd 3 and ds 1. I would make a small one that could slide under our bed for storage, as their room isn't very big and we only have a two bedroom apartment.

Also, how much do your children play with their train tables/play tables? Do you find it worth the amount of space they take up? I ask because we have a coffee table that's not being used and I'm torn between making a train table and just donating it. If I made a train table I would get boxes for the trains, blocks, and few other items and then make a "mat" for beneath the tent for the tracks. If I make it I thought it could be a nice place for blocks, the trains, and even a makeshift table for kitchen play. (We don't have a play kitchen). But to do that means some rearranging since, again, the space issue. They currently play with everything right on the floor, or occasionally use an end table.

happyhats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:10 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Not sure about the first, but as far as the train table, my kids play with it daily. Sometimes just a few minutes in passing. If it's a rainy day and we can't go outside they will play for a lot longer. They do take up a lot of floor space though. It's a neat toy to have if you have the extra room!
SAHM to two wild boys, a toddler and a preschooler. Expecting our third and last, a sweet little GIRL due July 2013. Taking each day as it comes and trying to avoid labels.
OneDayAtATime is offline   Reply With Quote