Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-18-2012, 10:19 AM   #11
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Infant Seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkinBoutMyGirl View Post
"Doesn't look safe" is absolutely no reason to claim that rebounding would put the child in more danger. Rebounding takes the crash forces away from the child which is safer for the child. If rebounding was dangerous then seats wouldn't be made to rebound.
I am sorry your offended by what I said, but as you are I am sure aware of in other countries rebounding isn't as seen as okay as it is in this country. There is a reason why people think Britax seats are the best in this country. I have watched the test crash videos and I don't want to put my child in that position. Also my DH knows physics (he was born into a family that loves the subject actually) and he feels that it isn't safe either. I just don't understand physics (he didn't marry me for my brains ) so I can't articulate it very well. Bottom line for me is I don't think it looks safe and I don't want to put my child in a situation where they are in a seat like that. It is my opinion and you don't have to agree with it but there it is.

Advertisement

Old 04-18-2012, 10:36 AM   #12
Skatha89
Registered Users

Thank you all for your opinions! I'm still on the fence but some points have been brought up (winter being one) that I hadn't thought of!
Old 04-18-2012, 10:51 AM   #13
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

I never ever use them and my last DS was only 6lbs. I don't think they are convenient. It is way easier for me to pop a newborn out of the carseat and into a mei tai, sling or SSC and then hold hands with a toddler than to wrangle those stupid buckets.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #14
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs

I am sorry your offended by what I said, but as you are I am sure aware of in other countries rebounding isn't as seen as okay as it is in this country. There is a reason why people think Britax seats are the best in this country. I have watched the test crash videos and I don't want to put my child in that position. Also my DH knows physics (he was born into a family that loves the subject actually) and he feels that it isn't safe either. I just don't understand physics (he didn't marry me for my brains ) so I can't articulate it very well. Bottom line for me is I don't think it looks safe and I don't want to put my child in a situation where they are in a seat like that. It is my opinion and you don't have to agree with it but there it is.
You didn't offend me. I'm just not going to preach against what I'm taught as a tech in regards to rebounding. If your going to make claims like that you need to explain why and not say its based on how something appears. Lots of parents will read that and be like oh ok rebounding is bad when in fact it isn't and they aren't going to hear that it's bad if they ask a tech. We don't need even more conflicting information out there then there already is. Getting a kid to RF past 1 is enough of a challenge without parents thinking things are unsafe that really aren't.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:14 AM   #15
ReturnMeHomeAgain
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkinBoutMyGirl

You didn't offend me. I'm just not going to preach against what I'm taught as a tech in regards to rebounding. If your going to make claims like that you need to explain why and not say its based on how something appears. Lots of parents will read that and be like oh ok rebounding is bad when in fact it isn't and they aren't going to hear that it's bad if they ask a tech. We don't need even more conflicting information out there then there already is. Getting a kid to RF past 1 is enough of a challenge without parents thinking things are unsafe that really aren't.
I was actually taught that rebounding was safer. I've seen the crash tests videos on both and also have researched it myself and it appears to be, physics wise, safer. I luck out that I have a munchkin weighing in at 17lbs5oz at 14m so my daughter will be rear facing till she's like 20yrs old!

Sent from my iPod using DS Forum

Destashing Grovia shells, soakers, boosters, bioliners & wipes. Also cloth trainers!

http://s754.photobucket.com/user/Nur...ary/ds%20goods
ReturnMeHomeAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #16
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
Do you plan on putting your Via in a stroller? This is the carseat I am liking the most that is an infant seat and I don't really like the strollers that First years sells. I am hoping it will fit in a Graco Quattro (or whatever it is called) if I can find one without a carseat attached to it. I have a year to find it though.
I do plan on putting it in a stroller if I NEED to, I'm not carrying that seat around..it is truly a beast. We got the fold up type stroller with it (a travel system in Canada with front adjust, no rethread harness and a 35lb weight limit for 120$ is a really good deal). I'm not a big stroller person though so it isn't a big deal.

This is my tall almost 4 yr old in it

& for fun a pretty small stuffed animal

& it fits in this matching stroller
Old 04-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #17
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Amber thanks for sharing. I know it is big. That much I could tell from my research. I have had 3 small babies and 1 large baby and I am thinking that the 3 small ones are not the norm for me, so I need something bigger as my son was bigger so I expect the same for the next kid. I despise umbrella strollers though so I guess I will just have to keep my eye out for a post about someone putting it in something different.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #18
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Amber thanks for sharing. I know it is big. That much I could tell from my research. I have had 3 small babies and 1 large baby and I am thinking that the 3 small ones are not the norm for me, so I need something bigger as my son was bigger so I expect the same for the next kid. I despise umbrella strollers though so I guess I will just have to keep my eye out for a post about someone putting it in something different.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #19
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
Based on the pic you can obviously tell that I am alright with umbrella strollers, lol. It is honestly easier for me to carry around my CA than it is this seat (yes I carried both a little bit today, lol)..the CA weighs less & is less awkward to carry despite being a convertible seat that rf's to 40lbs.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:59 AM   #20
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Today I went to BRU and I found out that the seat will fit in a Graco stroller though I think you would want a strap around it just to be extra safe. Thought I would add this in case anyone is like me about the seat.