Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #21
Elijah'sMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do people in your state follow your state laws?

most people around here forward face at a year, regardless of the LO's size and have their 3 yr olds in boosters, nbb's or just seatbelt by kindergarten. BUT all of my friends are now rf'ing til at least 2 i'm super happy that they listen to me and at least follow the AAP's new recommendations

Advertisement

Elijah'sMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #22
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanree

In my close circle of friends here in AL, only one is carseat crazy like me. I went through a license check a few months ago and the State trooper asked the usual "are they all yours?" question when he peeked into my 15 passenger van. When I answered "yes," he shined the light in, not to see if they were buckled, but to count them LOL. Once he finished counting, he said "Wow, why do you have them all in carseats?" .... "ummmm, because they are too young for seatbelt only, do not pass the 5 point test, and it is the LAW!" He said "oh, I have just never seen that many kids in carseats in one vehicle." Then he called the other two officers over to get them to gawk over how many kids there were and all of them in carseats.
That is truly pathetic
Old 04-19-2012, 04:55 PM   #23
AbbieJack
Registered Users
seller
seller

I honestly do not think that i have EVER seen a properly restrained child (other than my own/or those in my care) while out and about.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:58 PM   #24
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMama2010 View Post
I think our laws are pretty decent, but not many people I know or have seen follow them well. FF infants? Sure, why not? 2 year old loose in the front seat? Heck yeah! Booster seat? Nah, my kid is happier with shoulder belt behind his back.

I only know ONE other person IRL that RFs past age one, and I met her here on DS.
yeah, we have some of the strictest laws but the way they read makes it sound like it's illegal to rearface past a year or harness past four. I've even had people argue with me about that.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:43 PM   #25
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalesWidda

yeah, we have some of the strictest laws but the way they read makes it sound like it's illegal to rearface past a year or harness past four. I've even had people argue with me about that.
I think they recently updated the wording, they sound better now.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #26
VitaW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks. I was just really curious about this. No one here in Florida faces past one and kids are never ever in carseats by kindergarten. On a good note though, my son and daughters Pediatrician asked me at my last visit if our sin was still rear facing and told me the recommendations. He figured I already knew. He knows me well enough, lol. Son will be harnessed far longer than daughter was. She is 12 and taller than me and hasn't been in a carseat for some time. Son will be in one much, much longer.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:58 PM   #27
beaute_marquee
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaW
Thanks. I was just really curious about this. No one here in Florida faces past one and kids are never ever in carseats by kindergarten. On a good note though, my son and daughters Pediatrician asked me at my last visit if our sin was still rear facing and told me the recommendations. He figured I already knew. He knows me well enough, lol. Son will be harnessed far longer than daughter was. She is 12 and taller than me and hasn't been in a carseat for some time. Son will be in one much, much longer.
Aren't Florida's laws unbelievably lax, though? Not that it's okay, but not following the law in FL would basically mean never using a car seat at all.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:36 PM   #28
KatrinaLoves
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbieJack View Post
I honestly do not think that i have EVER seen a properly restrained child (other than my own/or those in my care) while out and about.
Unfortunately, this is the case for me as well.
I only know two people IRL who practice good car safety.
KatrinaLoves is offline   Reply With Quote