Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2012, 05:09 PM   #11
SashaE80
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Anyone with 3 or more losses in a row and then success?

I have ICSI to get pregnant because of issues with DH and myself. DS was conceived on our first round, and an easy pregnancy. We were shocked when we then had 6 loses in a row. I'm currently 25 weeks pregnant and really have my fingers crossed.
We've had lots of tests and although we know it is immune issues with me, there is relatively little they can do to help, I've taken the steroids and blood thinners and now it's just fingers crossed. But even though that was sorted I still managed to get slapped cheek (parvo virus) at around 14 weeks!
I personally feel we're just going to keep on trying again and again, I know we will get there in the end. But i really hope this time it's it! People do think we are nuts for continuing to try, but I'm not ready to give up quite yet...

Advertisement

SashaE80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:14 PM   #12
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had 4 losses technically then had my son. Though the first 3 were a triplet loss (24 weeks born loss later). Then I had a genetic miscarriage (turners syndrome). I personally agree with just trying again. The odds are in your favor I would think. PGD isn't 100% either (sadly) so I would be afraid you would do it and then not really have anything to show for it. I have a friend who did it and then found out what she did it for, the child actually had (and mysteriously died before they could meet said child).

Good luck!
Old 04-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #13
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

No, not a graduate- in the same boat, mine was 2 live, no really major problems, then 3 second trimester losses. Nothing is wrong. I have no answers for you... just how about I understand your frustration.

At some point I think if we keep getting pregnant maybe another one will stick... just now sure how much of my soul would be left.

Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:28 PM   #14
emeyer76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowitchgrl View Post
At some point I think if we keep getting pregnant maybe another one will stick... just now sure how much of my soul would be left.
This, exactly! On the one hand I think I could keep trying and trying and trying... on the other hand, it breaks me just a little bit every time we lose one (okay, a LOT bit). And my hubbs is just done with it all - I don't know if our marriage would survive another loss and that would probably just push me over the edge completely

Thanks again for everyone's thoughts. Oh how I wish I had a magic wand to make this all go away!!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 12:41 PM   #15
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If it were me, Erica, and let's face it it,it is kind of me, I'd give yourself at least a year of preventing before you really decide what to do. It gives you time, gives your husband time, and gives the two of you a chance to work on your marriage. My marriage, while reasonably strong, has strengthened a lot over the last year and it's been marvelous and very, very needed.

We're open to whatever happens from God but I'm looking at them now as His children that He's lending to me, and quite possibly I'm not going to get to keep them that long in this life... and that's got to be okay or I will go crazy.
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:53 PM   #16
emeyer76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Patience is definitely a virtue, and not one of my strong suits It's something I need to work on for sure. Thanks for the perspective, I appreciate it so much and have always admired your insight

Our marriage is pretty rock solid except for this issue... DH turned 40 this year and already thinks he's too old to have a toddler, much less a newborn again. I however am just not done yet. It's hard to find a compromise between those two positions. He's agreed to one more try, we just have to decide HOW and WHEN.

This baby stuff can make a mama crazy, and then add issues and losses to the mix and I feel like a lunatic. I recognize that it's out of my control, but I admit that I've not 100% accepted that. Perhaps that's what I need to focus on instead of searching for answers....
Old 04-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #17
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

yeah, that's so much fun... let go and let God

but nooooo cause I know best and MY plan did not involve flowers on 3 graves on Mother's Day and how on earth do I get myself through all this pain and...

*sigh* yeah, been there. If you're the praying kind, pray lots. I had to get completely broken down I admit. I'm really stubborn.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:29 PM   #18
bezbabe
Registered Users
seller

i had 3 losses after i had my now 12 year old. i asked to be tested for a blood infection called mycoplasma (my mum had 3 miscarriages as well because of it) and my dr had never even heard of it. it's not very well known, causes no symptoms but will not allow you to stay pregnant (my losses were all first trimester while my mum's were all second trimester). anyways, i don't think it's something they would test for normally so maybe you could ask about that. anyways, i was positive for it so they put my hubby and i on a round of antibiotics and we've had 2 kids since then and we're cautiously expecting another. the fear of losing another never really goes away though. i am so sorry when i hear others stories of going through the same thing.
oh, i wanted to mention too that my auntie and uncle had a bunch of kids from their first marriages no problem but when they got married, they could not stay pregnant. i think she estimates she had about 14 miscarriages (she stopped keeping count after a while) but the babies were just never genetically viable. then, just before her 40th birthday, after she had given up even wanting a baby any more, she found out she was pregnant again. and that baby is 10 now.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:08 PM   #19
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

I lost my first 3. We tried and prayed and tried and prayed. As we approached the deadline we had given ourselves to have bio kids I continued to study scripture and seek God on our decision. I found an online Christian support group founded by the author of God's Plan for Pregnancy. I saw a Christian counselor at my Seminary that agreed with me for our children and prayed over me. And the month before we were going to start the process for adoption I felt in my spirit that I would have bio kids. I told my husband I felt we should continue trying and before my next counseling appointment (can't remember if that was 2weeks or one month later) I was pregnant with ODS--8mos after my 3rd m/c. I did take the medication the doc suggested for my MTHFR mutation and progesterone, as I had for my 3rd pregnancy. 4months after ODS was born we were blessed with YDS. I don't know what your body is dealing with, or what your faith is, but I just wanted to give you hope. 3 losses does not mean it is over. ((HUGS)).

Last edited by joeslittlewoman; 04-22-2012 at 09:09 PM.
joeslittlewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #20
Liz*RN*BSN
Registered Users
Formerly: liz4185
seller

My Mood:

I just had my miracle baby after 5 losses. After lots of testing I found out I have a clotting disorder and polycystic ovaries (but not pcos because my labs were all normal). There is hope.