Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #31
Mags462
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: who has a radian??

Late to this party but wanted to add my voice to the "Hate It" group.... i own one ONLY because it is narrow. I would replace it in a heartbeat if i could. It is so stinky finicky..... its the car seat equivalent of a hormonal pregnant lady if you ask me. Is it well made? Yes. Is it comfy for my child? Yes.... is it a giant pain in the butt to move/reinstall? Yes. Is it flippin impossible to tighten? Yes.

I would soooo buy a Foonf just to see if i could rid myself of the Radian contraption..... but with our current situation $500 isn't going to happen right now. But i would throw that stupid seat away tomorrow if i could!

Advertisement

Old 04-19-2012, 08:51 PM   #32
Earthy Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags462 View Post
Late to this party but wanted to add my voice to the "Hate It" group.... i own one ONLY because it is narrow. I would replace it in a heartbeat if i could. It is so stinky finicky..... its the car seat equivalent of a hormonal pregnant lady if you ask me. Is it well made? Yes. Is it comfy for my child? Yes.... is it a giant pain in the butt to move/reinstall? Yes. Is it flippin impossible to tighten? Yes.

I would soooo buy a Foonf just to see if i could rid myself of the Radian contraption..... but with our current situation $500 isn't going to happen right now. But i would throw that stupid seat away tomorrow if i could!
:rofl mbo:

im sorry, but that is soooooooooo.... funny!!!!!!!!!!!

why is it so difficult to install?and tighten?
Old 04-19-2012, 08:56 PM   #33
dolphingirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We own two of them and like everything about them except adjusting the harness. I have the hardest time tightening them!!
dolphingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:01 PM   #34
Mags462
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthy Momma View Post
It is heavy - which is nice in a sense and sucks in another. I need the AA to install it anywhere near upright, and frankly an AA on a cloth seat is a big pain in the rear end. I HATE the lack of a lock off on it which means i must use a locking clip or lock my seat belt which then results in a seat slightly tipped to the side which drives me bonkers and only gets worse as the AA compresses on that side. I hate all the "special parts".... um i need to you X thing is my kid is FF in certain weight perameters or Y thing if they are in the other parameters... i mean seriously, its freakin ridiculous remembering which parts/pieces i need for which child in which orientation. I strongly dislike the removable RF boot.... just ANOTHER piece to the already "mult-piece" car seat. I personally will not use the latch with it - after all the issues it makes me very very nervous, so i am always struggling to get my belt tounge with locking clip through the RF belt path... it wants to slip down in to the bum of the seat because its heavy with the clip on there. My hands look like i held a crazed cat for several minutes by the time i am done installing it. The harness clip is obscenely large.... at first i thought it was some sort of a joke, but no, its just that big. I'm sorry when i have to literally TUG TUG TUG with all of my might to get the dang harness to adjust and get winded trying to secure my child two things are clear to me - 1. i need to run more 2. i need a Foonf so i can throw the Radian in the flippin trash!

I compare it to a TF (which i pink sparkly and realize other people hate it.... ).... the TF literally takes me about 1 min to install in either direction. Easy peasy in EVERY application i have used it in. The Radian i know will take about 5 mins if i am lucky but normally at least 15 for me to have a good, tight, upright install.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:12 PM   #35
jjordan
Registered Users
seller

I'm in the love/hate camp.

Love: narrowness. Also I think they are well-made seats.

Hate: installation. (I wouldn't want my kid riding in a Radian unless it's installed by me or another car-seat.org CPST.) Weird rules. Heaviness. ADJUSTER. (Bold because I extra-hate that!)

Eh: front-back space. (Not a problem for us, plus the angle adjuster mitigates this.) Low sides. (Advantages, to be sure, but sometimes I want something a little MORE.) Difficult to remove cover. (Only "eh" instead of "hate" because I've only had to remove a Radian cover once! If I was doing it more than once a year it would probably be in the 'hate' category.)
jjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:42 PM   #36
Earthy Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags462 View Post
It is heavy - which is nice in a sense and sucks in another. I need the AA to install it anywhere near upright, and frankly an AA on a cloth seat is a big pain in the rear end. I HATE the lack of a lock off on it which means i must use a locking clip or lock my seat belt which then results in a seat slightly tipped to the side which drives me bonkers and only gets worse as the AA compresses on that side. I hate all the "special parts".... um i need to you X thing is my kid is FF in certain weight perameters or Y thing if they are in the other parameters... i mean seriously, its freakin ridiculous remembering which parts/pieces i need for which child in which orientation. I strongly dislike the removable RF boot.... just ANOTHER piece to the already "mult-piece" car seat. I personally will not use the latch with it - after all the issues it makes me very very nervous, so i am always struggling to get my belt tounge with locking clip through the RF belt path... it wants to slip down in to the bum of the seat because its heavy with the clip on there. My hands look like i held a crazed cat for several minutes by the time i am done installing it. The harness clip is obscenely large.... at first i thought it was some sort of a joke, but no, its just that big. I'm sorry when i have to literally TUG TUG TUG with all of my might to get the dang harness to adjust and get winded trying to secure my child two things are clear to me - 1. i need to run more 2. i need a Foonf so i can throw the Radian in the flippin trash!

I compare it to a TF (which i pink sparkly and realize other people hate it.... ).... the TF literally takes me about 1 min to install in either direction. Easy peasy in EVERY application i have used it in. The Radian i know will take about 5 mins if i am lucky but normally at least 15 for me to have a good, tight, upright install.
i tried only quoting this part "1. i need to run more 2. i need a Foonf so i can throw the Radian in the flippin trash! "

too funny, i was just checkn out the foonf ones...i see why u want one...
Old 04-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #37
moms5angels
Registered Users
Formerly: moms4angels

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthy Momma View Post
:rofl mbo:

im sorry, but that is soooooooooo.... funny!!!!!!!!!!!

for us its hard to get a good tight install rf w/ it. we have the stow-n-go in r van & the base part gets stuck on it & dosnt allow us to get a tight install if we dont have it in there just right. it takes a a lil while to get it in (were very picky & like to have them as tight as possible so they dont move when installed) ff we have no install issues. for the straps somtimes it seems like they stick & u need to give them a good pull to tighten them or uninstall the carseat since somtimes they get stuck on the back of them. (i have no idea why) we really dont like moving r radians. we take r sons frountier85 out 1st anyday b4 we move one of the radians & those frountiers r huge & heavy but easer to install. (for us aneyways )

Last edited by moms5angels; 04-20-2012 at 10:04 AM.
moms5angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:04 AM   #38
blesdfish
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have two. I loved them when I needed 3 across. I've used them since 2008 so I've had my share of installs and can get them in anything. Tight. I flew cross country with two radians and two toddlers and preggo, no I would never think about gate checking, I carried both on my back. Yes I love them.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #39
blesdfish
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjordan View Post
I'm in the love/hate camp.

Love: narrowness. Also I think they are well-made seats.

Hate: installation. (I wouldn't want my kid riding in a Radian unless it's installed by me or another car-seat.org CPST.) Weird rules. Heaviness. ADJUSTER. (Bold because I extra-hate that!)

Eh: front-back space. (Not a problem for us, plus the angle adjuster mitigates this.) Low sides. (Advantages, to be sure, but sometimes I want something a little MORE.) Difficult to remove cover. (Only "eh" instead of "hate" because I've only had to remove a Radian cover once! If I was doing it more than once a year it would probably be in the 'hate' category.)
Agree! Sent my son on a trip to IL's for a week, he took his HBB because there was no way they would figure out a radian. Kq from cs.o stayed with them after her accident last year, they have no idea how to install seats and don't care to learn. I figured my kid was safer in a properly used HBB than an improperly used radian.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #40
AleahDeann
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow, so many people have install problems, we use the latch with ours, never an issue, we can try to wiggle/tug at the seat, it is not going anywhere. We have not used the AA yet, are waiting for one to come into stock so we can though.

Seriously I would buy 2 more right now if I could afford it. DS2 needs to move out of his TF so DS3 (due may 16) can have it. OR both DS2 and DS3 need to be in Radians, we seriously love ours!!