Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-20-2012, 12:51 PM   #41
AleahDeann
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: who has a radian??

Just looked up the foonf, not really that impressed. If I am going to spend a lot of money on a car seat it better last past 65 pounds. I think the ridgid latch is interesting, and the built in absorbing things for crash forces, but I would still go with a Radian anyday.

Advertisement

Old 04-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #42
moms5angels
Registered Users
Formerly: moms4angels

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleahDeann View Post
Wow, so many people have install problems, we use the latch with ours, never an issue, we can try to wiggle/tug at the seat, it is not going anywhere. We have not used the AA yet, are waiting for one to come into stock so we can though.

Seriously I would buy 2 more right now if I could afford it. DS2 needs to move out of his TF so DS3 (due may 16) can have it. OR both DS2 and DS3 need to be in Radians, we seriously love ours!!
the issue were having w/ r is the stow-n-go thing in the seat. the folding things & the latch they stick out & the base cnt go in further to tighten it @ all if u dont have it set up just right. also in the middle there really close & the base is to wide to fit righ inbetween them. so u need to have the base away from them to make it work & get it in tight. if it wasnt for all that it would b an easy install. i have no issues in my moms van. its is the same as mine bue she dont have the stow-n-go.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:15 PM   #43
AleahDeann
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moms4angels View Post
the issue were having w/ r is the stow-n-go thing in the seat. the folding things & the latch they stick out & the base cnt go in further to tighten it @ all if u dont have it set up just right. also in the middle there really close & the base is to wide to fit righ inbetween them. so u need to have the base away from them to make it work & get it in tight. if it wasnt for all that it would b an easy install. i have no issues in my moms van. its is the same as mine bue she dont have the stow-n-go.
Interesting with the stow-n-go. Bummer, we dont have that so not an issue, I would think that would cause problems with other carseats too though?
Old 04-20-2012, 02:19 PM   #44
momma_dna
Registered Users
seller
seller

LOVE our RXT! It's the best. I love how easy it is to adjust it. We Had no problems installing it with the latch system in our Sequoia. Will purchase RXTs for future LOs.
momma_dna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #45
psylion
Registered Users
seller

I have a radian it is over 3 years old. I hate it with a passion. It is a nightmare to install, the latch loosens all the time, it is way to heavy to travel with, and it's really difficult to adjust the straps(that's the worst part). I'm going to have two more babies though and I have a small car. I will have to learn to love my Radian. <sigh>
Old 04-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #46
moms5angels
Registered Users
Formerly: moms4angels

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleahDeann View Post
Interesting with the stow-n-go. Bummer, we dont have that so not an issue, I would think that would cause problems with other carseats too though?
u would think so its the way the base sets into the seat that makes it hard. its the 2 ends that stick out @ the base. if it wast for them it would b easy to get it in. i had 2 CA65 rf in there @ one time w/ no issue. we dont have this issue w/ r radian that is ff. only the rf ones.
r frountier85 is easy to get in too. idk about r daughters graco snugride since we never put it bk there.

Last edited by moms5angels; 04-20-2012 at 03:19 PM.
moms5angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #47
Ellasundies
Registered Users

I'm a fan in that I can fit 3 carseats across with them but that is about it.

-I love that they are so narrow.

-It takes a long time to get to know all the rules and even then I have to review the manual every so often to make sure I have all the parts adjusted correctly for my kids weight/height.

-I don't like the short crotch strap.

-They are IMPOSSIBLE to tighten the darn thing. Heck I don't even care that it's a ratchet and doesn't tighten smoothly. The first one I got I literally had to stand on the darn strap to HOPEFULLY get it to tighten. It wasn't until I got the second one that I realized something must be wrong with the first one. The second tightens easier but ease of use is still pretty terrible. I finally figured out that in order to tighten the first my son has to get out I tighten the straps, hope I don't over tighten, have him get in again, rinse and repeat if I didn't do it right the first time or two.

For this reason I would NEVER use it for an infant. I have two radians right now and a Chicco infant seat. Infants are just too floppy and stiff at the same time. I find that to get a good harness fit on an infant you have to loosen the straps pull their arms through and retighten. I would shoot myself in the head if I had to do that every time I had to go somewhere with my infant. So I don't consider a Radian a good seat for a newbie.

-It also ticks me off that they are so tall. I know why they make them tall but it makes the car ride with a RF'ing baby all the more trouble and darn near impossible in my car even in the middle. I will be forced to get another radian when my newbie outgrows her infant seat and I'm hoping the angle adjuster will make RF'ing in my car more doable. Yet another reason I wouldn't consider a radian a good seat for an infant. Without being able to use that angle adjuster they are simply too tall to safely RF in some cars.
Ellasundies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:13 PM   #48
Crankenstein'sMama0709
Registered Users

My Mood:

I love my sons radian I love the way it installs, the low profile, everything.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:05 PM   #49
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
I have two SK Radian xtsls. My kids use them straight out of their infant seats (between 6 and 12 months) until they move to a booster. We don't allow boosters before age 6 so I feel they're a great buy.

-3 across!!
-Low pro for putting in babies or passing big kids
-High shell for extended rf and ff harnessing
-Ability to grow past the top slots when ff
-Steel frame
-Rf tether capability
-while it's great for a toddler, it looks like a 'big kid seat' so no complaints from my older kids about using them

Dislikes:

-LATCH security. We won't use it
-again, low pro. I'd kinda like something there....
-Ratchet harness adjuster
-Safestop rules (keeps me from being able to easily share seats between siblings/friends)
-rf recline angle without the (ADDITIONALLY PURCHASED!) aa
-isnt transferred easily. You really need a backup seat for that
-the $
-eh, the crotch buckle is a bit short, especially for older kids
-chest clip is enormous, especially on babies.

Overall, they met my needs when I bought them two years ago (for a 3 across) and they've become my full time seats. I actually sold my Nautilus' because they were sitting for so long. I love the long lifespan and that I can rely on them to last us to dedicated booster stage. I'm not a fan of combo seats so this works for us. I am certain I'm forgetting something up in my lists.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***

Last edited by mommabritt; 04-20-2012 at 10:06 PM.
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote