Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2012, 10:08 AM   #31
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Re: Miscarriage questions.

What about hot flashes? Normal?

I've been having some weird feverish type feelings, but I have no fever. It's like... I'm hot on the inside, but cold on the outside... and cold sweats. I can't really explain it. I've checked my temperature, and I haven't had any fever... so a hot flash is the only thing I can think of that it might be.

Advertisement

leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:33 AM   #32
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
Honestly, they make me sick. I'd rather drink my smoothies than take the prenatals. I'm probably getting MORE nutrients from the smoothies than I am the prenatals. My prenatals don't have iron in them anyway, which is the main thing I'm trying to take in. I get about 16% of my daily iron intake from the spinach smoothie that I drink every morning. So far I am actually feeling okay... if I start to feel bad, I will definitely consider taking the prenatals again. Thanks for the advice.
Gummi prenatals are the only types of vitamins that don't make me sick. And they taste yummy.

I'm sorry for your loss. I had a miscarriage at about 4 weeks and it felt like a mini-labor, even that early. Take time to mourn, but remember most moms have a miscarriage at least once, even if they don't always realize it. You are not alone mama.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:44 AM   #33
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:
Hormonal.. I believe it would be normal. Takes your body awhile to realize your not pregnant anymore.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:08 PM   #34
jamiejo
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Do you have to go to the dr at all? I thought it could pass naturally.

I believe I had a 5week miscarriage last weekend. Tons of blood, tons of cramping - but I didn't know I was pregnant.

The bleeding has stopped, but I still cramp or something - I just don't feel right, but I'm afraid a dr will laugh at me for even going in (not to mention its now the weekend).

I've talked myself into believing it was ectopic and that's why I still hurt, but that seems unlikely.

I was hoping it would just be over already and the things I've read online just say to go to the dr if your bleeding lasts over a week. Bleeding stopped, abdominal area still cramping.
worth a call to the nurse at least mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
What about hot flashes? Normal?

I've been having some weird feverish type feelings, but I have no fever. It's like... I'm hot on the inside, but cold on the outside... and cold sweats. I can't really explain it. I've checked my temperature, and I haven't had any fever... so a hot flash is the only thing I can think of that it might be.
I am so truly sorry for your loss I am RIGHT THERE with you. I lost my almost 8wk bean this week. Found out after starting bleeding on Saturday and a trip to the ER we had lost the heartbeat. I cramped and bled for another 2 days before passing the baby, next day was still very crampy and I didnt feel good. Next day I passed another big piece of tissue, so I actually did retain something. My midwife didnt tell me i needed more bloodwork, just told me what to watch for. I have been a mess this week. barely even functioning beyond what I have to do. I've found refuge in my garden and blogging. It's helping me process the loss I think. and and
Old 04-21-2012, 05:11 PM   #35
jamiejo
Registered Users
seller

Forgot to add, hot-flashes etc are normal I think) as your hormones go back to normal levels... I had night sweats for a few nights, just as I did with my 2 little loves that are still in my arms.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:04 PM   #36
beaute_marquee
Registered Users

My Mood:
I had a miscarriage at about the same gestation in 2010. The best way I could describe it was like going through the postpartum period. I bled for probably 3 weeks, had hot flashes and night sweats, lots of bleeding and cramping, etc. I didn't take anything for the cramping for the same reasons.

I would keep going, but I have a kid who needs a bath before bedtime. I'll be back.

And there is a loss forum on here.

ETA: The sad truth is that miscarriage is statistically commom.What I was told was that once is an anomaly, twice an unfortunate anomaly, more is reason to suspect a problem. It's not a fun club, but it is a very large one.

Anyway, if you want more children you shouldn't be afraid to try again. Take your time, grieve, do whatever you need to do. You lost a baby, and it's important to take the time to acknowledge that and process. But if and when you're ready, there's no reason to think this will happen again.

And I'm so sorry you're going through all this. It's miserable, I know. Understand that you will get through this. You will never get over it, but you will move on.

Last edited by beaute_marquee; 04-21-2012 at 08:37 PM.
beaute_marquee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:25 PM   #37
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Thanks, guys. Glad to know the hot flashes are normal.

Today I had a pretty weird thing happen (yesterday as well). I got VERY mildly dizzy, and a little shaky for a few minutes. Went and laid down, and I was fine after a few. I also felt a little sick to my stomach. I'm not sure what this is from, but it happened yesterday, and again today. It's almost like my head was just swimming for a minute. Had all the blood tests done... he said my levels looked really good for clotting, etc. I'm wondering if it's not my body's way of telling me to slow down. I started miscarrying on Wednesday evening, and by Thursday evening I was up cleaning, taking care of kids, cooking, etc. Friday I cleaned almost the whole house, worked, etc. Today, I cleaned up a bit, walked around the outlet mall, Walmart, and all that. I'm wondering if I'm just not going too hard, too fast. I just figured if I feel okay, it wouldn't hurt anything.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:10 PM   #38
beaute_marquee
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash
Thanks, guys. Glad to know the hot flashes are normal.

Today I had a pretty weird thing happen (yesterday as well). I got VERY mildly dizzy, and a little shaky for a few minutes. Went and laid down, and I was fine after a few. I also felt a little sick to my stomach. I'm not sure what this is from, but it happened yesterday, and again today. It's almost like my head was just swimming for a minute. Had all the blood tests done... he said my levels looked really good for clotting, etc. I'm wondering if it's not my body's way of telling me to slow down. I started miscarrying on Wednesday evening, and by Thursday evening I was up cleaning, taking care of kids, cooking, etc. Friday I cleaned almost the whole house, worked, etc. Today, I cleaned up a bit, walked around the outlet mall, Walmart, and all that. I'm wondering if I'm just not going too hard, too fast. I just figured if I feel okay, it wouldn't hurt anything.
If you think that's what it is, then it probably is. Only do what you feel is necessary for right now. If you feel like you need some rest, find a way to get some (I know that's easer said than done). Take it easy as much as you can, and don't feel badly for it. This is an emotional thing, bu it's also a physical thing. What your body is going through is a big deal. Take care of yourself.