Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #21
TinyHineyDiapers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
With Ds1 we had just bought a house and the first thing we did before anyone saw it was decorate the nursery. When our parents came to see the house for the first time, we closed the door and said there was a surprise in there for them.

With Ds2, we got Ds1 a shirt that said only child with an x through it and big brother underneath. We too his picture in it and used it for his upcoming birthday party invites. It backfired a bit since my aunt got the mail and figured it out before my moms even got delivered. Oops!

Advertisement

Old 04-22-2012, 07:08 PM   #22
aprilbeanxo
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: The DS Collection for "How To Announce Your Pregnancy" ideas :) (post your idea!)

i posted these pics on facebook

Old 04-22-2012, 08:00 PM   #23
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: The DS Collection for "How To Announce Your Pregnancy" ideas :) (post your idea!)

CUTE ideas for FB pics and decorating the nursery.
jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:37 PM   #24
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

For my last FB anouncement I made a stick family pic with us and my stick person was pregnant. Almost no one noticed and that was AFTER I'd posted my status as "I just put the two big brothers in bed for the night." and the only one who got that prob already knew.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #25
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With our first it was mil's birthday and we gave mil a card saying happy birthday "grandma" in lots of ways- nana, memaw, etc. Took her forever to get it even though it was her first grandchild lol

With the next baby (if ever) I want to put a family picture on a puzzle- then send pieces one by one to my folks in TX and last piece be my tummy with a card saying- whats missing? Baby coming soon! Or something like that

Last edited by erin_c_odonnell; 04-22-2012 at 09:07 PM.
erin_c_odonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:04 PM   #26
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dp

Last edited by erin_c_odonnell; 04-22-2012 at 09:06 PM.
erin_c_odonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:28 AM   #27
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

We told my parents on Thanksgiving. They came to our house and we'd actually just redone the flooring in most of our house. They set their things down in their bedroom and then I went and said "Ooh, do you want to see the floor in here (the nursery) and opened the door. It was all set up for one baby" It was about a week later when we found out it was twins. We had been planning to do the same thing with DH's parents, but after we found out it was twins DH couldn't wait until that weekend when they were coming to visit so he told his mom on the phone that we were pregnant and it was twins.
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:58 AM   #28
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
With DD1 we told our parents over the phone, but we had wallet prints made up of her ultrasound. On the bottom we put Peanut Duncan with her due date on it and sent them out.

With DD2 I got to tell my DH while he was driving back to NJ from CT to work for the week while we were waiting on the movers. He had just left..... not the reaction I wanted "I want proof" this was after 7yrs of trying, we had just given up since we starting a new chapter in our lives. He then called his mom, and she got our insurance all set up so I would not miss one apt when we moved. He was just getting out of the Navy so it was a good new start. We then did the same thing with the pic.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #29
MamaJules
Registered Users
seller

With DS1, I wrapped up a pair of baby booties and gave it to my parents. DH just flat out told his parents on the phone. With DS2, I found a shirt that said Only Child crossed out, and Big Brother underneath. I put it on him when we were going to be seeing them. I wanted to wait and see how long it took people to notice, but DH got too impatient and pointed it out.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #30
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh and I got DD a shirt that said "I'm gonna be a big sister....but I would still rather have a pony"

I got it from cafe press

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote