Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-18-2012, 07:12 AM   #21
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Signed up for weight watchers online yesterday, today is my first day. I have actually gained 3lbs in the last 2 weeks..... Yuck! I had great success with weight watchers while nursing my older daughter so I have 27lbs to get to my prepregnancy weight and then hope to lose another 20/25.

Advertisement

Old 04-18-2012, 08:45 AM   #22
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've quit losing for now but not gaining any. 22lbs lost so far, another 22 would get me to pre-pregnancy weight but I'd be happy with 12. I need some clothes that fit that aren't maternity. Hopefully I can get some soon.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:26 AM   #23
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weight Loss Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecialefty View Post
I've quit losing for now but not gaining any. 22lbs lost so far, another 22 would get me to pre-pregnancy weight but I'd be happy with 12. I need some clothes that fit that aren't maternity. Hopefully I can get some soon.
One of my goals today is to go through boxes of clothes and find ones that fit. I've been afraid to weigh myself because I'm fairly certain that I'm not losing. I ordered some dessicated thyroid; I've been checking my temp and it's really low, so I'm going to try out that and see if it helps.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:15 AM   #24
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sometimes I wonder if I have a problem with my thyroid. My gp did a test last year but it came back within normal limits/range so idk.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:28 PM   #25
png_lovebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine hasn't changed...blah! And it doesn't matter how little I eat, the weight won't budge! SO frustrating! I still have about 23 pounds to get to PP weight...

Tell me more about WW(online). I'm worried about the counting and finding the foods in the program that I actually eat(like off brands and stuff...Walmart brand cereals for example)!
png_lovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:39 AM   #26
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by png_lovebirds
Mine hasn't changed...blah! And it doesn't matter how little I eat, the weight won't budge! SO frustrating! I still have about 23 pounds to get to PP weight...

Tell me more about WW(online). I'm worried about the counting and finding the foods in the program that I actually eat(like off brands and stuff...Walmart brand cereals for example)!
Weight watchers is awesome, there are no plan foods. Everything is fine as long as you have the nutrition facts to calculate the points. Do you have a smartphone or iPad/iPod? The app is awesome and it is easy to track and calculate because you can carry it with you rather than having to go to a computer and use the website. I think today or tomorrow is the last day to get a month free if you sign up for 3. I paid $65 and that is through August. To do the meetings and online tools it is 42.95/month. Plus if you are breastfeeding you get 14 extra points a day for exclusive and 7 for supplementing so it hardly feels like a diet. I still eat plenty. I have lost 3 lbs since Wednesday per my digital scale! I lost 30lbs before I got pregnant doing weight watchers while still nursing my older dd.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:16 AM   #27
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Weight loss is going pretty good here. Just a little over 2 weeks PP and I've already lost 27lbs with only 13 more to go to reach pre-p weight of 143. However, I'd like to get back down to where I was when I got pregnant w/ DS2 which would mean another 20lbs to go.

When would you all feel comfortable starting an exercise routine?? I'm nervous about it, b/c I actually have felt great, back to normal since 2-3 days PP, but I know my body probably still has some healing to do. I played Dance Revolution on the Kinect at my nieces the other day and could totally feel it (the jostling) after several hard songs. Should I just wait until after my PP check up in 2 weeks??
Old 04-20-2012, 11:34 AM   #28
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would wait 3 or 4 weeks, but that's just me. I felt great after the birth, but felt like there was some areas in my pelvis that just needed some healing time. I've been walking now and everything feels back to normal. I'd like to start some HIT-type training fairly soon. I'm focusing on getting my metabolism up right now, though. I'm fighting a lifetime of eating too little, and that has really tanked my metabolic rate.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:31 PM   #29
blackberry75
Registered Users

I'm down to 173, so over 10lbs below pre-pregnancy weight, only down 4lbs in 4 weeks. It's gotta be the BF, because I only just got approved to start walking. The only difference in diet is I'm eating more veg and less fruit, that's really it. I go back to work this week and I'm hoping the extra activity will help increase the weight lost each week. While I know 1lb a week is a healthy number to lose, I'd prefer 2lbs/week.
blackberry75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:16 AM   #30
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So I was 172 my first week post-partum. Got down to 165 after that. Now I'm back up to 170?! GAH. This is going to be hard. We are hoping to get gym memberships if we can find a nice babysitter to come watch the kids. I think DS would freak out and cry if we tried to put him in a nursery at a gym. I've gone back to work part time for the last 2 weeks, and leaving him at daycare can still sometimes be hard.

Right now I'm not even worried about 'weight', it's more firming and toning. My thighs, butt, love handles, back, and arms really need some work!! Not to mention that awful fat pad at the back of my neck.. what on earth is that?!? LOL.
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote