Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-22-2012, 09:19 PM   #11
b bright
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish3737
My last DD started going this at about 20 months too (a couple months ago).

She totally unzips her pajamas or takes off her top and bottom jammies.

So i found two solutions for us:

1. The really old style two piece Carter's jammies. The top and bottom snap together in like 4 or 5 different places.

2. Escape Jays - they zipper up the back. We got them on Babysteals.

http://www.escapeejays.com/ProductDe...scapeejaysboys

She can pull off any diaper so the jammies need to be the barrier. LOL
Just bought those escapee things on babysteals! Got girl colors for my boys..thats how bad I wanted them!! Lol,

Advertisement

Old 04-22-2012, 11:08 PM   #12
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Toddler removed diaper last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by b bright View Post
Just bought those escapee things on babysteals! Got girl colors for my boys..thats how bad I wanted them!! Lol,
Hope they work for you!!! Katie has 4 pairs and we rotate them in.

LOL - tonight we had to put the crib tent on her crib because she started climbing out onto the bookcase and onto the floor. She just turned 2. But I'm thankful she waited this long. The crib tent is from her brother who started jumping out of his crib at 16 months when I was bedrested with DD1. I saved the tent just in case.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #13
b bright
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish3737

Hope they work for you!!! Katie has 4 pairs and we rotate them in.

LOL - tonight we had to put the crib tent on her crib because she started climbing out onto the bookcase and onto the floor. She just turned 2. But I'm thankful she waited this long. The crib tent is from her brother who started jumping out of his crib at 16 months when I was bedrested with DD1. I saved the tent just in case.
So they boys have worn them on 3 different nights. On the second night they had them partially unzipped by morning. The third time which was this morning, they woke up and one of them had completely gotten out of his. whyyyyyyyyyyyy?????
Old 05-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #14
AngelicasMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Im dealing with this with the toddler I babysit. She will be 2 at the end of June. She has done it a few times at nap time, and its aways been pee UNTIL last week. Poop everywhere, including in her mouth! I went in when I heard her gagging, it sounded like she was choking on something and I freaked out. Her mom uses tape to keep her diaper on. I tried putting an unstuffed pocket dipe on her over her sposie, but backwards. It has snaps and for a few days it worked but she figured out how to get it off :/
Now, backwards jammies with a zipper (so zips up her back) is working. Hoping she doesn't figurure that one out, otherwise I don't know what else I can do other than using tape like her mother! lol
AngelicasMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:19 AM   #15
b bright
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicasMommy
Im dealing with this with the toddler I babysit. She will be 2 at the end of June. She has done it a few times at nap time, and its aways been pee UNTIL last week. Poop everywhere, including in her mouth! I went in when I heard her gagging, it sounded like she was choking on something and I freaked out. Her mom uses tape to keep her diaper on. I tried putting an unstuffed pocket dipe on her over her sposie, but backwards. It has snaps and for a few days it worked but she figured out how to get it off :/
Now, backwards jammies with a zipper (so zips up her back) is working. Hoping she doesn't figurure that one out, otherwise I don't know what else I can do other than using tape like her mother! lol
Oh no!!! Mine like to smear their poop on the window. Lol. I think I would vomit if I saw it in their mouth! My twins will be two in June as well and they figured out backwards Jammie's too. (the escapee jays). I did put tape over their sposies last night just because I saw that they had somehow opened the Jammie's (I think this is a tag team effort though, so you may be good!). Anyways, I'm glad I put the tape on (a strip of duct tape from hip to hip) or I could have woke up to wet sheets....again!
Old 05-02-2012, 11:28 AM   #16
Celeste
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I used to put dd in one piece zipper pjs & put a safety pin on them, below the zipper pull. She couldn't get the zipper past the pin. I was a bit worried that she might stick herself with it, but she never unfastened it. After a few weeks, she gave up trying to get the pjs off & I didn't need the pin anymore.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:34 AM   #17
psylion
Registered Users
seller

Snap diapers really helped us with this problem. Once she was old enough to conquer the snaps she was also old enough to be reasoned with, thank goodness. It was definitely a problem with the Velcro because she didn't like having poop on her o she would immediately take of her diaper and make a huge mess. at least it made potty training pretty effortless though.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #18
b bright
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeste
I used to put dd in one piece zipper pjs & put a safety pin on them, below the zipper pull. She couldn't get the zipper past the pin. I was a bit worried that she might stick herself with it, but she never unfastened it. After a few weeks, she gave up trying to get the pjs off & I didn't need the pin anymore.
Great idea! Plus I have some diaper pins with the locking head!! (since mine have each other to help get clothes off..lol)
Old 05-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #19
b bright
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylion
Snap diapers really helped us with this problem. Once she was old enough to conquer the snaps she was also old enough to be reasoned with, thank goodness. It was definitely a problem with the Velcro because she didn't like having poop on her o she would immediately take of her diaper and make a huge mess. at least it made potty training pretty effortless though.
Mine have mastered taking off snap diapers. Loooong ago. We keep trying to explain to them about not taking diapers off and such, but they don't when they get mad...it's like they have this scenario going through their head... "no bubbies, we get a cookie after dinner." bubbies: "that wench. We will show her. Take your diaper off! Quick!"
Old 05-02-2012, 11:52 AM   #20
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

My DD will push her diaper down (like underwear) so it doesn't matter if she can open it! Luckily, we do diaper, then woolie, then PJs, then sleepsack at night so she can't get all of that off.

If she's in pants for nap she doesn't generally try to get any of it off (except shoes) so we haven't really had to worry with this. We just won't put her to nap in a dress or just a tshirt.
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote