Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-22-2012, 03:10 PM   #201
CutiePatootiesMama
Registered Users
seller

Re: weekly chat 4/16-4/22

Jodi- those comments would drive me crazy too! Most people at church didn't realize that I was expecting until a couple of months ago so they are all surprised that I'm due so soon. Still, the things people will say to a pregnant woman amaze me sometimes! Sometimes when I hear people say stupid stuff though I think...did I ever say that to a pregnant person before I knew any better?! lol.

Does/did anyone else just have bh while sleeping? I get woken up frequently during my sleep annoyed with my belly....I'm assuming it's bh but then nothing once I'm awake. I just took a nap and remember waking up a few times thinking that something was very uncomfortable. I mean, it happens every once in a while when I'm awake but usually only when I go from sitting to standing (anyone have that too?). I'm hoping she's planning on staying put for at least another 2w4d!

Advertisement

CutiePatootiesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #202
AFWIFE87
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow, it's been forever!

I do have BH while sleeping.. and the real contractions wake me up. This morning I woke up with a HORRIBLE charlie horse.. almost made it through my entire pregnancy without one. GRrr! Hope all is well! 10 days left for me!!!!
Wife, Believer, Friend & Mama to: Henry & Sullivan & expecting boy #3 in August!
AFWIFE87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:06 PM   #203
CHERUBUMS
Registered Users
Formerly: mnotley75
seller

My Mood:

I've been married 80 months, pregnant 38 months, so nearly 50% of our married life! WOW, crazy. lol I'm also 432 months old, so I've been pregnant nearly 10% of my life! Fun stats.

I'm so beyond ready to have this baby and get rid of my headaches and nausea from high blood pressure and wacky blood sugars.

Things are slowly being crossed off my to do list. I need to majorly clean house - vacuuming, washing floors, dusting, clean the bathroom. Haven't had the energy to do it this weekend and DH has been very helpful with the boys though, taking them outside for bike rides, to play soccer and to go to the playground. At least its been somewhat quiet!

Off to make supper...
~Michelle
Old 04-22-2012, 08:03 PM   #204
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom22boysand1girl View Post
The countdown begins!!!!!! I will be holding this sweet baby no later that Thursday. I wanted this baby all week last week and now it can wait until Thursday. My mom, dad and brother are coming on Wed. so I wouldnt mind having my mom here the night before I deliver. She hasnt seen me at the end of a pg ever. She has always come out after baby comes.
I also want her to be in the o.r. with DH and I. She really wants to see the c/s and since it's my last I don't mind. I am the only girl and I know for sure my sil would never let my mom in.
We are ready at the house for baby though. Everything is cleaned that can be. Time to relax and enjoy my kiddos before the soreness comes from the c/s.

Have you checked hospital policy? Some will only let one person in. Just don't want you or her to be disappointed at the last minute

I had a good round of BH earlier. First one at 7:28, next at 7:32, then 7:36...went on for almost an hour but got spacier after 30 minutes so i figured this was not "IT"...(you know, right after i made sure the memory card, battery charged, and was in the camera and the camera was with my bag lol!)

Also..dyed some fabrics today DH even helped...sort of...suppose to be preparing them to sell, and he wanted to do a batch..so i let him..and he decides he thinks he really likes it and wants to keep it. Maybe i'll let him

37 weeks yesterday and i'm starting to get a few NEW stretch marks...WTH?! 4th baby,belly the same size as always, and now i get more stretch marks?! GRrr.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:21 PM   #205
dreamingkristin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tina -- yeah... See... I was getting excited when I woke up this morning still with crampy contractions.... hung around thinking ok... maybe this is it... all evening yesterday....all night still and still there this morning... I was just waiting for them to get a little stronger and some motivation to get a shower... usually my MO of labor.. .I want a shower...welllllll then they went away.... Just made me MAD! I"m done... what's the point of having them all the whole time if nothing... well I did lose a big glob of plug today... biggest I've lsot yet.... bigger than the size of a quarter... but no show or anything....and random contractions just hanging around...nothing consistant AT ALL.... and not even those lovely crampy ones!!! GRRRRRRRR!!!

I did take DD to do her fairy pictures.. I can't wait to get them back.. I think they are gonna be adorable!!
Old 04-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #206
booth2490
Registered Users
seller

Ok, so I'm 408 months old, been married 130 months (61% of my life), pg/nursing now for 37 months (9% of life, 28% of marriage). In years, I'm 34, we've been married 10 years and DD was born when we were married for 8 years.

I got my pregnancy journal today, well it was delivered yesterday but we were home late last night and I didn't see the package. I got _Waiting for Baby_ for $10 from Amazon. Started filling it out tonight, hopefully I'll get mostly finished before the baby comes. I'll have to look over my old posts on here to fill in some things. This being my last pg, I want to be sure to get it all down. It may be fun one day for DD to read about it when she's having kids (sniff). There are some things that I don't care much about, so those pages will be blank, but so far, it's good.

My mom came by today and brought us some baby stuff. The cutest was a Virginia Tech minky tag blanket. I confirmed w/ her that she'll be at the birth, like last time.

Not much happening here. I have started loosing plug, I think. BH same. Swelling hands are making them numb and painful at night. I will be so glad to have all the swelling related aches and pains done with: carpel tunnel pain, feet, snoring and my normal face back. My face may be puffy due to weight gain, though. 40 pounds and some of it is going to be face, I guess.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:59 PM   #207
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i haven't started losing any plug yet...i usually don't, but just lose it in pieces after cervical checks....this time though, i'm at the birth center, and they don't' do checks unless you ask or at 39 weeks if you want. I'm going to ask at my next visit, 38w3d and see if they will then anyways. I figure it doesn't hurt and might help get this show on the road.

If i wasn't physically in pain each day, i wouldn't be impatient, but the pulling stomach muscles and back/hip pains are getting really annoying.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:02 AM   #208
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:
Sweet Jesus woke up to a nasty contraction a second ago.. I've got my timer on my phone ready.. but realistically it was nothing..hohum.
37 weeks tomorrow!! 3 more weeks till 40, 2 more weeks till my OB's will strip my membranes..hoping that'll put me into labor.

Last edited by babylove921; 04-23-2012 at 06:04 AM.
babylove921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:26 AM   #209
magdalynaa
Registered Users
seller

Complete. Hormonal. Wreck. Today.

My dogs crapped all over my house for no good reason, which I cleaned up at 4 am, since I woke up at midnight and never went back to sleep. I take Ambien for a nasty sleep disorder, so going sleepless on meds feels like having the flu. I feel horrible today.

This is the 4th time in the last month that I've woken up to a huge pile of crap, and of course DH never discovers it or cleans it up. These are adult dogs who have been housebroken for years, so I have no idea why they're doing it. DH just yells at them and won't do any of the behavioral changes I suggested.

I tried to get the steam cleaner out, but DH won't show me how to run it anyway (it's his), so that didn't do any good. He wants to get the carpets cleaned... correction: he wants me to pay to have the carpets cleaned... so he just doesn't bother cleaning messes because he thinks I'll pay to have it done professionally instead. The spots look horrible. I feel like our house makes us look trashy, like we're these filthy people who live in dog crap.

The smell alone made me puke. I ended up leaving the house half an hour early just to get away from the smell.

I just got to the office an hour and a half ago and am already considering going home... for the safety of my coworkers, not even my own comfort. I could conceivably lose it on somebody today.

I know it's not DH's fault that the dogs crapped on the floor, but I'm really sick of scrubbing dog poop and him never helping me with them.

I hate today. I wish it were over already, and it's not even 8:30 am.
magdalynaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #210
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

Magdalynaa - that mess sounds horrible!!! I wonder why your dogs are doing that! Hope you can get all the stains out.

Megan - Don't you hate it when you get a really bad contraction only to find out that it was just some random thing and not the start of anything

AFM: DH got down all the clothing bins from the attic yesterday and I have been sorting through them all today. I pulled out all the boy stuff and have it separate and ready to get rid of once baby comes and I know for sure that she is a girl! I really want to get rid of all the boy stuff now, but then I know baby will end up being a boy

I figured out where I'm going to put the crib, have all the clothes washed in put away in drawers, and the car seat it sitting in the living room ready to go!

I need to pack my bag and then I think I'm ready for baby to come, well except for a name. We still need to decide on that. Two that I have come up with are Ainsley Elise or Harper Lynn. I like Harper Lynn better since i seems to go very well with my other kids' names: Averie Laine and Aiden Quinn.