Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-23-2012, 02:33 PM   #1
walking-iris
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Cloth diapering and toilet learning

So my dd will be 2 this summer and I will likely start introducing her to potty learning soon.

After having a long hard struggle with my older two children, I just can't stand the thought of ever looking at a package of pull ups ever again.

I told husband it made no sense to cloth diaper our dd for 2 years and then to start putting her in those awful things. I seriously can't do it. I used trainers very briefly with my 4 year old when he was 3 because he was having some health issues making it difficult to feel the need to pee. He was potty trained, but felt so rotten if he had a slight accident that I got him a few pair of Imse Vimse and a couple of Blueberry to wear as undies. But he only needed them a few months.

My dd is in FB size large right now and I don't expect she'll outgrow them for some time. So I thought I might slowly build up a trainer stash.

Questions: How many trainers do you need? I have an idea what kinds I'd like to try and what sizes she would likely fit.

Just any thoughts at all about trainers, potty learning and cloth diapering is appreciated.

Advertisement

Old 04-23-2012, 02:36 PM   #2
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cloth diapering and toilet learning

I would have 12 trainers. We are using mostly large bamboo sandy's for that time (not there yet). My son just turned 2 yesterday. I do have 4 thinner more underwear-like trainers also.

When my 3rd daughter potty-trained I had maybe 8 cloth trainers and it was great. I just bought cheap pull-on ones from FSOT for her.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
tootsy_toes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think 12 is a good number. I like starbuz, but they are pricey. They will hold one pee. They are lined with PUL and have a pocket so you can stuff them at night if you need to.

Christ following wife to Andy , and Mama to N-bug ; J-bean ; and lady-K .

Blessed every day!
tootsy_toes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:06 PM   #4
hibiscus869
Registered Users

Not much advice here but just wanted to say I am in the same boat.

At any rate I don't want to use disposable pull-ups either. I have 7 Blueberry trainers, 3 Offspring trainers, and 6 Sandys. I really want to be able to make a point of saying bye to diapers.

Last edited by hibiscus869; 04-23-2012 at 09:38 PM.
hibiscus869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #5
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

After trying really hard with DS - the girls I just kept them in diapers until they stopped peeing in them and I put them in underwear.

I was too tired from the older kids to drag one more kid into the Target bathroom.

This is really bad but I'd rather have them pee in a diaper then have to balance a barely 2 year old on the public bathroom seat.

That said - the Blueberry trainers are super cute and soft. They would catch one small pee. My problem is my kids seemed to be all or nothing. Either they were totally dry or flooding the floor. LOL

GL mama!!

Overnight I love Ladder Hill Design. My older two still use those overnight. They get up and pull up and down the cloth pull-ups themselves at night (when they use the bathroom).

Last edited by fish3737; 04-23-2012 at 03:57 PM.
fish3737 is offline   Reply With Quote