Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #61
jamilynn84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndmama

I know of a few CD stores here in the city: Belly Bum Boutique and BeByeBaby, plus there is another one I can never remember the name of, green something or other. But Belly Bum Boutique is turning into a fav of mine. They carry CJ's Butter, and like 14 different brands/types of diapers. Plus they are super friendly and helpful

I also heard there is one in Naperville, but never been!

I will say, for such a large metro area, I was disappointed that our event didn't get more babies. I think the organizer said she only signed up like a month ago, so maybe there just wasn't time to advertise enough.
Comfy bummy is the one in naperville

Cutie poops and bottoms is in orland park

Hi semi local chicagoish mamas

Apologizing in advance for iPhone typos/autocorrect

Advertisement

Old 04-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #62
mamaNMH
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What Swag did you score at your GCDC event?

Wow that's great that there are so many! I'm northwest so I'll have to check around if we have any up here...or just check out the Naperville one when I'm down that way! Thanks!
Old 04-23-2012, 03:29 PM   #63
Marbie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaylucy

I was at the Pittsburgh one too! We drove up from Morgantown...with my 10 week old DD and my SO.

We were ah, probably the youngest couple their. SO is about 130 soaking wet hahaha. My LO has crazy Einstein hair and she was in our maya ring sling. we changed into a Miss Kitty softbums

Wasn't the raffle if you brought food items for the food drive? Since we're in a hotel (for my work) I didn't have any canned goods available wish I could have participated.
Ooh, cool! I'm just realizing now that I should have asked beforehand if anyone from here was going. Then I could have had some people to talk to! So were you sitting in the back by the mirror? I noticed a miss kitty softbums baby back there and thought the diaper was really cute in person! I was back by the mirror/fan and had a 1yr old running around. I changed her into a bge in the yellow artist series print.

I brought 20 cans for the raffle and just found out today that I won a $15 gift card! Yay! Sorry you couldn't bring cans
Marbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #64
yaylucy
Registered Users
seller

Location: I live in Arlington, Texas, but travel for work. Currently located in Morgantown WV
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbie View Post
Ooh, cool! I'm just realizing now that I should have asked beforehand if anyone from here was going. Then I could have had some people to talk to! So were you sitting in the back by the mirror? I noticed a miss kitty softbums baby back there and thought the diaper was really cute in person! I was back by the mirror/fan and had a 1yr old running around. I changed her into a bge in the yellow artist series print.

I brought 20 cans for the raffle and just found out today that I won a $15 gift card! Yay! Sorry you couldn't bring cans
I was sitting in the front by the fan up there Adam and I are a pretty young couple - he's only 22 and I'm 24

Adam kept saying that's how people would tell us apart from every one else. We had kept saying we felt like we looked like highschoolers

And congrats on the prizes! I heard they had a TON of raffle give-aways and tons of great prizes. I wish I could have had someone to talk to in advance too! It was nice to meet other parents and mamas into cloth. Since we're so far away from home for work it's hard to meet anyone out here!
yaylucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #65
04liquidS
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbie View Post
I went to the Pittsburgh one and we got cloth totes with a half size bag of detergent, a sample of cjs butter, and a 10% off coupon for the Happy Baby Company. There was a free candy buffet, Starbucks, and cake samples. There was also a huge raffle, but they didn't draw any of the prizes there...not sure why. I wish they had done it there and had door prizes, etc.

It was cool to be around so many cloth diapering families! Loved the store as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaylucy View Post
I was at the Pittsburgh one too! We drove up from Morgantown...with my 10 week old DD and my SO.

We were ah, probably the youngest couple their. SO is about 130 soaking wet hahaha. My LO has crazy Einstein hair and she was in our maya ring sling. we changed into a Miss Kitty softbums

Wasn't the raffle if you brought food items for the food drive? Since we're in a hotel (for my work) I didn't have any canned goods available wish I could have participated.
I was at the Pittsburgh event too, with my 9 month old DS and my DH. I was the fluffy mama with two walking casts/boots on my feet and a baby strapped in a bright green Ergo There were a couple other DS mamas there too, but I only know one of them.
Delayed/selective vaxing, APing, BWing, ERFing, CDing & non circing SAHM to Owen Rylan born 7/13/11 & #2!

Fur mom to Lucy, Gunner, Pookie and Briscoe.
04liquidS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:04 PM   #66
lindsey.leanne
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I really wanted to attend the one at Comfy Bummy in Naperville but my almost 4 year olds have been out of diapers for a while and this newbie is still cooking! But I do really like the Comfy Bummy store....although I haven't visited the other Chicago area stores that were mentioned here.