Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-17-2012, 07:42 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
How can I wait!?

I guess I just need to vent a little, but I am also looking for some support and pointers.
I feel like my life is on hold. My husband and I have agreed that when he finishes school (about 9mos), we will move closer to a city where he'll get a higher paying job, I'll go down to working part time and start being a homeschooling/WAHM and we'll have our third child. I am BEYOND elated about this plan. Its everything I want and we're totally completely on the same page about every detail of it.
But, I want to do it RIGHT NOW! I am tired of waiting, tired of him being gone to school and work every night. I want to start our future...
I am so anxious about this next step, that I am actually getting depressed as I wait I am not focusing on the here and now, like I know I should. I am not giving my all to the things I have. I sit at work and daydream, research, explore the possibilities/job options/homeschooling curriculum/etc. Its really impacting my job, which I am passionate about. Its impacting how I am at home too...I don't want to clean, garden, work on the cabin because I feel like I should be gearing up to move!

How do you do this? How do you wait on your dream and still be happy today? I know I should count my blessings, enjoy my time with my two little darlings that I adore...but I just feel like I'm standing on the brink of greatness and have to just sit here and watch....

Lisa, Wife to Kenny, Mommy to Miah and Z.
Handcrafted Toys and Nursing Necklaces.

Last edited by percussionsmith; 04-17-2012 at 07:45 AM.
percussionsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:49 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: How can I wait!?

It is hard but when you think about the benefits of waiting it can help you realize that it for the best. I struggle with the same thing. I have to wait another year to year and a half before we start ttcing for #3, because im trying to finish school, and were trying to pay off some school loans. Some days are easier than others, and i find it a struggle to be happy for the here and now, as well. I try to count my blessings and sometimes that helps.
Anna0623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:53 PM   #3
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
My Mood:
It's very hard. We dont know if we'll ever TTC again since our last mc of our surprise whoopsie.

It's so hard to not look at all the cute stuff or dream about what the future might be like.

But you somehow have to make it through.

Enjoy the moments you have now so you can enjoy the moments in your future.

**I do know how to iPod on the other hand does not**
Erica , wife to Ben, momma to Steven11.06 Emily9.10 Matthew 8.13
Forever in my heart, always on my mind (3.09, 5.09, 12.11)
"Life's too short to buy green bananas"
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:29 AM   #4
Registered Users

Waiting is the absolute most bunk part of the whole breeding thing. Waiting to try, waiting to ovulate, waiting to test. After that you have to wait for 40 weeks, which is just agonizing.

I'm currently waiting a month to try again after our loss last month, I feel like I might implode.
My advice? Start a very long project. Get super busy. It's the only way to make the time go fast.
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:44 PM   #5
Registered Users

i am having such baby fever now but my OH wants to wait until after we are married in august. which i agree with because when we get pregnant (hoping in septemeber) and have our baby (sometime in the summer) our son will be 2 and we will have been moved into a house. what keeps my mind off waiting is thinking and focusing on my son right now. his birthday is next month so i have been busy planning that and planning our wedding. we are not using protection of any kind now or have we ever, so if anything happens than it's ment to happen. i know how you feel though-the wait sucks!!!! but just think in the end when you do get BFP it will have been worth the wait
Katy-working mama, loving wife, Doula in training proud mama of DS 5/18/11, Leon , and DD Ramona 2/5/13:,
My lil family means the world to me
katymf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:15 AM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:
I feel you! We put a lot of things on hold thanks to the military. We probably would have already had a baby by now if we didn't spend half of our marriage apart. I always tell myself that it's better to wait, focus on the now, because that's all we have. We are "supposed" to be done with the military but that's been put on hold because of medical paperwork. I am just dying to move closer to home, buy a house, and actually put down roots. Who knows when that will be? Just keep telling yourself that you can do this and you can't waste time worrying about a move in 9 months.
Wife to Jake since 1/10/09
Mama to furbabies Bronco & Mylee
Expecting #1 10/10/12
Caroline11009 is offline   Reply With Quote