Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2012, 07:06 PM   #23
B's Mommy's Avatar
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 2,474
My Mood:
Re: I Wrote a letter to the hospital administration

Originally Posted by nrsenadenos View Post
Would it be easier for you to just do the above scenario?
I wouldn't feel right doing that to the doctor though - he could get into a lot of trouble, and I just wouldn't be able to lie about agreeing to a c-section then blowing it off and stuff.

Originally Posted by 247mom View Post
You sound really disappointed in feeling forced to have a c/s at your local hospital. This may be totally not what you want to do, but I looked into the home birth laws for Missouri, and Licensed Midwives (CPMs) legally practice in your state, from what I quickly saw, it appears VBACS are allowed in the home setting in your state, would you consider looking into having a home birth? I have known many women who have avoided repeat c/s and many of the risks of VBACs (esp. those connected with induction) by having home births. It is a personal decision that must be carefully weighed, but I just thought I would make the suggestion.
This may be a good place to try to locate a qualified midwife, skilled in attending VBACs http://www.friendsofmomidwives.org/
Either way, I hope you can come up with something that works for you, sorry this is so distressing to you, I know I would feel the same way if I felt forced to do something I didn't feel was safe
Please KUP on what you decide and how everything goes!!
I did look into homebirth - it was going to be my first option, but money-wise we just can't do it. And unassisted is not even in the question in the husband department.

I was able to get in with the VBAC-friendsly OB because he's the partner of the horrible OB I had last time...I still don't know what I'm going to do...I might just send the letters revising as much as I can while still keeping it semi-short and to the point, then if/when they say no, I'll get the media involved....even if it doesn't work, it's worth a shot...if I end up in Springfield, it's going to be a fight from the moment I get to the hospital...so who knows what I'll do at that point. I wish I could just ignore the problem and it could go away...I really don't want to fight so hard for this when it should be a basic right.
Wife to my best friend & Mommy to three beautiful girls, two with us, and one in heaven.
B's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.