Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 04-17-2012, 09:23 PM   #1
Banned - User Requested
TTC and Breastfeeding&CoSleeping

I really want to try for number two but still have not had my AF since having dd (who is 11 months). She does not nurse much during the day but is a huge night nurser - probably 3 times at least sometimes 4 a night.

I do not want to cut back nursing any more during the day so is there anything else I can do to get AF back??! Maybe a tea or something... I know people say it can happen without a returned AF but she took us almost a year of full time trying and my sisters have all had to wean at 14/15 months because they truly think they do not ovulate at all when nursing (this has been tested by 5 babies!). I do not want to be like them... I want to nurse forever (not really...). Any advice to get things rolling?!

CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
Registered Users
Formerly: lovinmomma24
My Mood:
Re: TTC and Breastfeeding&CoSleeping

try using some clary sage essential oil. It is supposed to be the best, turns into real estrogen. I would recommend young living brand or a really good brand. may reduce your milk supply though so keep that in mind. I believe you can ingest it (put in a veggie capsule) but also just rub it on your body. essential oils absorb very well.

If you are worried about milk supply, maybe try fennel essential oil first. supposedly boosts milk supply and estrogen at the same time.
Homeschooling Momma to 19 yo DD, 16yo DS , 13 yo DD, 5yoDD,4 yo DD, 1 yo DD , 1 month old DD and 6 angels I'll get to see in Heaven one day.
snugglesnsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: TTC and Breastfeeding&CoSleeping

I guess you have to decide which is more important...nursing a toddler or trying for another baby. You could keep doing what you are doing for a little bit and then reconsider weaning.
jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote