Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-22-2012, 10:27 AM   #1
BroodyWoodsGal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What should I charge for Kawaii Dipe De-stash?

I have a bunch of Kawaii OS Pockets...EUC, well cared for, etc. With this new baby I've got a new stash of fitted, prefolds and covers and I want to sell my Kawaii Pockets here.

What should I charge for them do you think? Also, my most sincere apologies if there is a subforum for this type of question...this seemed like the place to post this question, but I wasn't entirely sure!

THANK YOU!

Advertisement

BroodyWoodsGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:43 AM   #2
BroodyWoodsGal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What should I charge for Kawaii Dipe De-stash?

Pics of some of what I have...just in case that helps. I just have No idea what to askfor them!

Old 04-22-2012, 12:00 PM   #3
jessi4jc
Registered Users
seller

I have a brand new Minky w/ inserts that I'm about to FFS. When the diaper costs $7 new it's basically impossible to sell it for anything more than shipping costs if selling individually.

Now, if you can sell them as a lot I would do that. I'd value them at $5 each, add that up and offer them for $35PPD.

Another option would be to sell them on Craigslist where you can forego shipping costs. But be prepared to sell for 50% of retail. (So $3-$4 each.) When I shop Craigslist I'm either shopping for a deal or shopping for a rare item/find.

HTH!

Sent from iPhone which is out to get me for some reason that is unbeknownst to me. Via DS Forum. Currently ISO 6 Small BG AIOs in pastel colors, triple switched GMs, Boyish Mutt 3SR, AhMay sets, YN Munki Sushi, Thirsties Colored PFs

IDSO: Noro Sekku in Citrus, Lilac, Sand. Please.
IDDDSO: Charlie Banana XS and S in Lavendar!
jessi4jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:05 PM   #4
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

I snagged 12 sun babies with inserts on her for 32ppd. They were dingy on the inside but I think it was a great price for cheap diapers. Lol
Old 04-22-2012, 03:39 PM   #5
BroodyWoodsGal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you so much, women! I was thinking around $30 for all of them (was definitely trying to let them go as a lot)...to be honest, I will probably just try to trade someone something. I mean...I would trade a decent pair of longies or something for all of them, you know? They are a little dingy inside, maybe..and the fleece is obviously not brand new, but they have a few more kiddos in them, for sure. I'm definitely not going to use them and everyone I know uses prefolds/fitteds with covers, so, no one I can just pass them along to!

Thank you very much...yeah, if I were going to let them go on CL I would probably ask for $15 or something.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #6
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yeah, bargain diapers are tough. I have 3 Kawaiis that rarely get used at our house but I can't justify selling them. I think I'll use one as a swim diaper when DS outgrows his current swim diaper. And the other two...we'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:49 PM   #7
havingfun
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've seen them going for $8-10ppd each, which I think is high. Selling as a lot sounds like a great idea.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:50 PM   #8
omgcupcake
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97 View Post
Yeah, bargain diapers are tough. I have 3 Kawaiis that rarely get used at our house but I can't justify selling them. I think I'll use one as a swim diaper when DS outgrows his current swim diaper. And the other two...we'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I had some Alvas that I spilled a little bleach on. I got replacements because I didn't want to use them and they were worthless moneywise but still worked fine, so I donated them to Giving Diapers Giving Hope. Maybe you could do that?

Maine-ly Cloth Blog
omgcupcake is offline   Reply With Quote