Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2012, 10:53 PM   #21
juliabell's Avatar
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Seattle area
Posts: 617
Re: * May 2011 Mamas - April Chat*

Oh god, I'm not even going to try and do multi-quote because I've been too absent to really follow all the posts. It was dead for so long I just thought "Oh, no ones really posting." AND HERE YOU ALL ARE!

Rachel - Hi! Hang in there! Hope you get some free time soon!

Justine - BC is difficult. We currently just use condoms because I'm anti-pill, anti-IUD (SO ANTI - tippytoe for the same reason!). My OB actually suggested we just use condoms since I was worried about milk supply. So sorry about your mama I say avoid the BC pills, use condoms, and be careful I also had to laugh at your reaction to your friends baby and then your reaction to yours. I feel the same way at Kindermusik - "oh that baby's cute" and then "Oh my god look at what DS just did! He played the drum! He's so amazing!!!"

Tippytoe - The first PP AF was horrible. And I just went through a cycle without an AF so I'm worried the next one will be even crazier. I swore that I ovulated, but I don't think my hormones got high enough or whatever. I had all the mental/emotional symptoms of ovulating and then the PMS stuff, but never got the AF. I hear it can be bad for awhile. Hooray. Also, I hear you on the weird body shape. I've only got 10 lbs left to lose to get back to pre-DS weight, but my body seems so different. I know with the hormones and stuff that fat redistributes. It is, apparently, why my mother has great legs, and I have ginormous ham hocks.

Greenebean - OMG the dog toy picture is THE BEST. SO FREAKING CUTE. DS watches the dog eat and has taken to eating his cheerios straight off of his tray with his mouth, like a dog. They are bad news together. Today, he actually threw a handful at her with full force. She was happy to have the snacks! And I know what you mean about them not being a baby. I looked at DS one day and thought "You are a little boy, when did that happen??"

Watermelon - I always try and remember how much DS loves and adores me. There are moments where I'm taken aback and actually surprised by his unabashed love. It's such a good feeling and a reminder

Did I miss anyone??

AFM - Here's where we are:

Weight/height - SO TALL. Not sure of his stats but this is the tallest baby I've ever seen. And he's skinny. But for a baby that was so petite early on and for how worried I was about his weight, he seems to be pretty normal now. It's nice to not worry about it anymore (as much. I will never stop worrying.) Last visit to the doctor for an eye injury (burst blood vessel in the eye will scare the crap out of you but not be serious) he weight 19lbs with clothes on.

Development - FINALLY see two top teeth poking through. He has been sleeping through the night again after literally a month of hell. Knock on wood. It's spot on with the Wonder Weeks book. Week 41-46 are hell, plus we had the teething. Next up is right around a year, and it generally starts a couple weeks before. Hooray. He's been pulling up and cruising for awhile now. He's taken a huge interest in his wooden walker wagon and duck walks around. But I don't know how close he is to standing/walking without it. Seems precarious at this point. LOVES eating. Gets EXCITED about it (oh geez, like his mama.) A little TMI but his poop suddenly changed to like, adult poop. Probably more solids, less BM, but I was surprised!

Weight/Body - Like I said, I've got 10 lbs to go. But old skinny clothes fit, so my fat is somewhere else. I will always have body issues but I found that having DS made me PROUD of my body and I don't worry about things so much. Especially on days when I wear my flowy maxi skirts, tank tops, scarves and listen to the Grateful Dead (my parents were hippies, what can I say.) The only thing I really, really, am having a hard time with are my breasts. They were always small, but now they're small and...floppy? Saggy. I looked in the mirror one day wearing just a tshirt, no bra, and saw my mom's chest. I don't like DH to see them. That will take some time..

House/Cleaning - I have found that when DH takes DS up to get ready for bed (bottle and naked time), that I go into super fast clean mode and clean the kitchen/living room. That way I don't have to worry during the day and it's clean for the next morning. I force myself to do it. I also have a weekly laundry routine that I stick to. Now I need to find time in the schedule for other rooms in the house!

That's all - there's a novel for you all to read!

Advertisement

__________________
Julia.
Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:36 AM   #22
watermelon's Avatar
watermelon
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Iowa
Posts: 2,136
My Mood:
Re: * May 2011 Mamas - April Chat*

Julia - I am in the same boat as you with the chest area. I was shocked after my first one of how such little bits could sag. I honestly started rationalizing a boob job after my 4th...started thinking it's no different than wearing contacts or dying your hair or wearing make-up. My amazing man has helped me through it, but I still think I would get one if I had a million dollars !

I like the Grateful Dead, but my true love are the Beatles. My kids have heard them since they were in the womb and older people get a kick out of them when the older 4 spontaneously break in song...it's almost always a Beatles song. Once at age 4, Luke broke out with "oh yeah, oh yeah, imagine I'm in love with you...." at the quietest part of mass. I almost wet my pants trying to hold in my laughter.
__________________
Mama to DD 10, DD 8, DS 7, DS 5, and identical twin almost 1 year old girls born at 26 1/2 weeks and doing super! Thanking God every day for our blessings!!!
watermelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:57 AM   #23
juliabell's Avatar
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Seattle area
Posts: 617
Re: * May 2011 Mamas - April Chat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermelon View Post
Julia - I am in the same boat as you with the chest area. I was shocked after my first one of how such little bits could sag. I honestly started rationalizing a boob job after my 4th...started thinking it's no different than wearing contacts or dying your hair or wearing make-up. My amazing man has helped me through it, but I still think I would get one if I had a million dollars !

I like the Grateful Dead, but my true love are the Beatles. My kids have heard them since they were in the womb and older people get a kick out of them when the older 4 spontaneously break in song...it's almost always a Beatles song. Once at age 4, Luke broke out with "oh yeah, oh yeah, imagine I'm in love with you...." at the quietest part of mass. I almost wet my pants trying to hold in my laughter.
Haha, I was trying to rationalize a boob job prior to having DS. I'm glad I didn't or else there's no way I could have BFed. I imagine after we have all our kids that I may end up with one. I'm actually in the process of growing out my hair. I've been dying since I was 15 and know I have a lot of grey. I want to see how it looks on a late-20s girl. Probably strange, but at least I'd stop getting carded!

Love the Beatles (all classic rock, really). I was named after a Beatles song, and if I have a girl, I'd love to name her Jude. Start a tradition There's a part of me that would love to go super hippie and name a daughter "Sunshine Daydream" Can't imagine I'll ever get DH on board with that one :P
__________________
Julia.
Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:02 AM   #24
justineybean's Avatar
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,064
My Mood:
Re: * May 2011 Mamas - April Chat*

I'm laughing about the boob job conversation... Although I wouldn't ever consider it because surgery horrifies me, I definitely understand the sag. Mine are flat as a pancake. It does make getting a mammogram easier.

I love the Beatles too. And loved your story about your DS bursting into song, watermelon! So cute!

Julia, about Sunshine Daydream. That's so sweet. Actually, if DD had been a boy she was going to be Jude Alexander.
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #25
Tippytoe's Avatar
Tippytoe
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliabell
Oh god, I'm not even going to try and do multi-quote because I've been too absent to really follow all the posts. It was dead for so long I just thought "Oh, no ones really posting." AND HERE YOU ALL ARE!

Rachel - Hi! Hang in there! Hope you get some free time soon!

Justine - BC is difficult. We currently just use condoms because I'm anti-pill, anti-IUD (SO ANTI - tippytoe for the same reason!). My OB actually suggested we just use condoms since I was worried about milk supply. So sorry about your mama I say avoid the BC pills, use condoms, and be careful I also had to laugh at your reaction to your friends baby and then your reaction to yours. I feel the same way at Kindermusik - "oh that baby's cute" and then "Oh my god look at what DS just did! He played the drum! He's so amazing!!!"

Tippytoe - The first PP AF was horrible. And I just went through a cycle without an AF so I'm worried the next one will be even crazier. I swore that I ovulated, but I don't think my hormones got high enough or whatever. I had all the mental/emotional symptoms of ovulating and then the PMS stuff, but never got the AF. I hear it can be bad for awhile. Hooray. Also, I hear you on the weird body shape. I've only got 10 lbs left to lose to get back to pre-DS weight, but my body seems so different. I know with the hormones and stuff that fat redistributes. It is, apparently, why my mother has great legs, and I have ginormous ham hocks.

Greenebean - OMG the dog toy picture is THE BEST. SO FREAKING CUTE. DS watches the dog eat and has taken to eating his cheerios straight off of his tray with his mouth, like a dog. They are bad news together. Today, he actually threw a handful at her with full force. She was happy to have the snacks! And I know what you mean about them not being a baby. I looked at DS one day and thought "You are a little boy, when did that happen??"

Watermelon - I always try and remember how much DS loves and adores me. There are moments where I'm taken aback and actually surprised by his unabashed love. It's such a good feeling and a reminder

Did I miss anyone??

AFM - Here's where we are:

Weight/height - SO TALL. Not sure of his stats but this is the tallest baby I've ever seen. And he's skinny. But for a baby that was so petite early on and for how worried I was about his weight, he seems to be pretty normal now. It's nice to not worry about it anymore (as much. I will never stop worrying.) Last visit to the doctor for an eye injury (burst blood vessel in the eye will scare the crap out of you but not be serious) he weight 19lbs with clothes on.

Development - FINALLY see two top teeth poking through. He has been sleeping through the night again after literally a month of hell. Knock on wood. It's spot on with the Wonder Weeks book. Week 41-46 are hell, plus we had the teething. Next up is right around a year, and it generally starts a couple weeks before. Hooray. He's been pulling up and cruising for awhile now. He's taken a huge interest in his wooden walker wagon and duck walks around. But I don't know how close he is to standing/walking without it. Seems precarious at this point. LOVES eating. Gets EXCITED about it (oh geez, like his mama.) A little TMI but his poop suddenly changed to like, adult poop. Probably more solids, less BM, but I was surprised!

Weight/Body - Like I said, I've got 10 lbs to go. But old skinny clothes fit, so my fat is somewhere else. I will always have body issues but I found that having DS made me PROUD of my body and I don't worry about things so much. Especially on days when I wear my flowy maxi skirts, tank tops, scarves and listen to the Grateful Dead (my parents were hippies, what can I say.) The only thing I really, really, am having a hard time with are my breasts. They were always small, but now they're small and...floppy? Saggy. I looked in the mirror one day wearing just a tshirt, no bra, and saw my mom's chest. I don't like DH to see them. That will take some time..

House/Cleaning - I have found that when DH takes DS up to get ready for bed (bottle and naked time), that I go into super fast clean mode and clean the kitchen/living room. That way I don't have to worry during the day and it's clean for the next morning. I force myself to do it. I also have a weekly laundry routine that I stick to. Now I need to find time in the schedule for other rooms in the house!

That's all - there's a novel for you all to read!
I died laughing about the ham hocks! Lol!! I carry all of my weight in my boobs, butt and thighs. I used to have a small waist. Now, it's a bit thicker! Hehe. But, ahhhh, the boobs. I think no one else could get excited about these, but my baby :: I've always been very busty ( I was a 36 H) when I had DS. Now they're deflated!!! :-(. I'm too scared for a boob job. Although, I'd like a kickstand for them :-)
__________________
Life is not tied with a bow, but it is still a gift.
Tippytoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:50 PM   #26
Tippytoe's Avatar
Tippytoe
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by watermelon
Julia - I am in the same boat as you with the chest area. I was shocked after my first one of how such little bits could sag. I honestly started rationalizing a boob job after my 4th...started thinking it's no different than wearing contacts or dying your hair or wearing make-up. My amazing man has helped me through it, but I still think I would get one if I had a million dollars !

I like the Grateful Dead, but my true love are the Beatles. My kids have heard them since they were in the womb and older people get a kick out of them when the older 4 spontaneously break in song...it's almost always a Beatles song. Once at age 4, Luke broke out with "oh yeah, oh yeah, imagine I'm in love with you...." at the quietest part of mass. I almost wet my pants trying to hold in my laughter.
So funny about your son.
__________________
Life is not tied with a bow, but it is still a gift.
Tippytoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:13 PM   #27
watermelon's Avatar
watermelon
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Iowa
Posts: 2,136
My Mood:
Re: * May 2011 Mamas - April Chat*

I love the name Sunshine! I knew a Sunny as a kid and thought she had the best name ever! My kids know Julia...comes on right after "I Will" on the White Album!!!
__________________
Mama to DD 10, DD 8, DS 7, DS 5, and identical twin almost 1 year old girls born at 26 1/2 weeks and doing super! Thanking God every day for our blessings!!!
watermelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:41 PM   #28
juliabell's Avatar
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Seattle area
Posts: 617
Re: * May 2011 Mamas - April Chat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermelon View Post
I love the name Sunshine! I knew a Sunny as a kid and thought she had the best name ever! My kids know Julia...comes on right after "I Will" on the White Album!!!
Yes! Sunny!

The best part was that I had a best friend (actually, still do!) named Michelle.

Tippytoe - a kickstand is a good idea. Actually, I've deflated some and need new bras. My fancy nursing ones that were too small in the beginning are now too big. I have no idea what size I am, nor what kind I want. I'm very anti-underwire now. Going tomorrow to get sized first!
__________________
Julia.
Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:12 AM   #29
cherrycoke's Avatar
cherrycoke
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Maryland, US
Posts: 433
My Mood:
Re: * May 2011 Mamas - April Chat*

Hi Mamas, I've been lurking and finally have a few minutes to reply and post pictures (though really I shouldn't because I'm supposed to get ready for work lol)!

First, I got my swap present in the mail yesterday!


Thank you Shannon and family! I still need to take a picture of the awesome, crayon-hand-drawn birthday card to share with you all, it's adorable DS is going to love the owl and I love the dino wipes

DS is getting closer to officially being a toddler (I'm in denial ), he looks like such a little boy and not like a baby at all.




We have his one year appointment next month, but at his last one he was around 20lbs and seems to be holding steady right around there. He is 30in tall though, and very very active, so I'm not concerned about his weight because he crawls everywhere and is cruising furniture and pulling himself to stand on everything. We "started" solids because I had a lousy output last week and this week at work, either due to being pregnant or to worrying about my supply because I'm pregnant. DS is so not interested, he plays with it then drops it on the floor when he's done. I think he *might* have eaten a pepperoni the other day but for the most part none of the food makes it to his mouth, or if it does, he spits it out because it's not milk. We have backup formula so it's not like he'll starve if I dry up but I'm not sure how he'll take that. He nurses just fine when I'm home, so that's good at least, I can tell he's getting what he wants.

Pregnancy is going well so far, I FINALLY got a first ultrasound yesterday (next time I'm so not going to test as early as I did with this one, 5 weeks makes everything feel super far away) and I don't have any cysts on my ovary! Yay! We also got to see the new LO wiggle around and hb was 160 or 168 I can't remember. I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow so because hb was good and I don't have any cysts we officially announced on facebook and now it's public knowledge and my family has been telling everyone lol.


I really have to get ready for work now, spent more time writing than I meant to! Can't wait to see other present pictures!
__________________
Married to my one and only 08/08/08. Momma to DS1 5/11, DS2 11/12, and shhh someone new expected in 2015! We BF, BW, CD (most of the time), CS, and love every minute of it!
cherrycoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:15 AM   #30
justineybean's Avatar
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,064
My Mood:
Oh my goodness cherrycoke--what an amazing update! I love your swap present! Your DS is adorable. You're right he does look so big! I feel the same way about DD lately. What does it for me is the top teeth. They make her look so big! I'm sorry your milk supply seems to be dwindling and he doesn't have much interest in food yet. Good luck. I'm sure it will work itself out. your baby bean-squeeee!! so sweet! I'm happy to hear things are going well. Have you been feeling well? That heartbeat is high! For me the higher heartbeat was my girl! well I've got to get moving too. Can't wait to hear from you again. Take care!
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.