Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-25-2012, 05:08 AM   #21
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Unwanted Comments

I am starting to attribute the unwanted/uncalled for comments to our society as a whole....people have lost the respect for others that used to be so prevalent and just say whatever is on their mind without so much as a thought to how it will come out.

I am getting the "why are you having a 3rd, you have one of each already?" all the time...well we are having a 3rd because we wanted another child. I want to tell them if it was any of their business they would have been involved in the decision, but alas I wouldn't marry somebody who was that inconsiderate of others.

Advertisement

Old 04-25-2012, 04:57 PM   #22
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrinaLoves View Post
DO IT. You would be my hero!

That goes beyond unfiltered - that's just MEAN!

We've gotten a few disappointed reactions when people find out they're not boy/girl twins, but I reeeeeeeeeeally wanted a girl (and was vocal about it), so I attribute their remarks to Karma. I'm WAY happy to be having boys and wouldn't change them now.

The only hurtful comments I've gotten have been enthusiasm over our pregnancy after our failed adoptions. Completely unfiltered "Having your OWN will be so much better than raising someone else's"-type remarks.
WTF, people??
My responses have been honest and blunt (usually to the effect of "Really? Huh. Honestly, I would have rather finished the adoptions. We had no preference for biological children over adopted...") , and I think I've made a few people squirm.

If their remarks enter the SUPER rude and awkward territory of mentioning specifics about the kids we tried to adopt, and how much better "healthy newborns" will be... I make sure to be extra shocking by telling them I don't even LIKE newborns -- at all!

...and then DH gets mad because I'M being rude.

People are so dense.
Oh, that's just horrible. I have had a failed adoption and one that we didn't see thru very far (both with my EX) and if anyone said that to me....
Old 04-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #23
~Sherry~
Registered Users
seller

Oy. People are special.

I found this post earlier on FB and thought of this thread.
~Sherry~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:22 PM   #24
04Maggie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When strangers ask me when I'm due (which is almost everywhere I go- and I am big!) I just tell them, "Any day." If they ask me what I'm having I tell them "twins." I look amazing under those circumstances.... (the truth is 8 weeks and one baby, but that gets me a lot of negative comments I cringe to hear!!!)
04Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:41 AM   #25
tinams8
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Sherry~ View Post
Oy.

I found this post earlier on FB and thought of this thread.
These are so funny!
Old 04-26-2012, 11:21 AM   #26
KatrinaLoves
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Maggie View Post
When strangers ask me when I'm due (which is almost everywhere I go- and I am big!) I just tell them, "Any day." If they ask me what I'm having I tell them "twins." I look amazing under those circumstances.... (the truth is 8 weeks and one baby, but that gets me a lot of negative comments I cringe to hear!!!)

I've been doing the same.
"You've got to be due ANY day!"
"...yep!"
KatrinaLoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #27
Casie629
Registered Users
seller

I have gotten multiple comments asking if I am sure I still have 4-5 weeks left and if I think I will make it to my due date. Well considering I don't think I am quite as big as with DS1 and DS2, and they were both a week late, then yeah, I am pretty sure it will still be awhile. I don't get why weight comments are usually so off limits but during pregnancy people think it's okay to tell you that you are huge. :/
Casie629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:54 AM   #28
mslulubellekiwi
Registered Users

this is my first pregnancy and I get lots of ignorant comments and get tired of the same questions everywhere I go...when are you due? boy or girl?....one lady asked when I was due and when I told her she gave me the rudest look and said 'Really? your huge".....I responded "so are you and your not pregnant" and wandered off....I was really hormonal that day but still some people have some nerve....Most people are lovely but some need a verbal slapping.....We are already coping under so many physical and emotional changes, the last thing we need is some total stranger making silly comments.....
mslulubellekiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:58 AM   #29
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslulubellekiwi View Post
this is my first pregnancy and I get lots of ignorant comments and get tired of the same questions everywhere I go...when are you due? boy or girl?....one lady asked when I was due and when I told her she gave me the rudest look and said 'Really? your huge".....I responded "so are you and your not pregnant" and wandered off....I was really hormonal that day but still some people have some nerve....Most people are lovely but some need a verbal slapping.....We are already coping under so many physical and emotional changes, the last thing we need is some total stranger making silly comments.....
LMAO! and OT, but I am in VA too
Old 04-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #30
mommyamb
Registered Users
seller

I get the comments on how big I'm getting a lot now. It gets old. Seriously, like I don't realize I'm huge. And, I really am big- this baby is measuring big and I have extra amniotic fluid. Is that really everyone's business though? No, not really. I've had 5 big babies. It's not a surprise that this one's measuring big, too.

I have to say I've been getting less comments on family size this time. I think people have finally figured out that we're crazy. I just wish people would stop asking whether we're done. I'm not sure, and it's really no one else's business anyway.