Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-24-2012, 03:37 PM   #31
philenabean
Registered Users

Re: Weekly Chat April 18-25

The clock is certainly counting down now... Probably less than ten weeks for me, too!

Let's just hope we all have happy, healthy babies and the birth stories we've dreamed about!

Advertisement

philenabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:18 PM   #32
regenolds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't mind being pregnant the full 40 weeks but I want a smaller baby this time! My 5 year old says the prayer at dinner time every night and she ALWAYS says "and thank you for the baby being born on Anna's birthday" which is July 21st, my due date. I won't be surprised if baby is born then. Oh how I want a 7 to 8 pound baby this time. My last was actually my easiest birth but it seems like it would be even easier if she were a couple pounds lighter!
Old 04-24-2012, 11:41 PM   #33
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyducky77
I'm probably the only crazy woman out there who actually doesn't want to deliver early. I really want a July baby (like me) and my due date is the beginning of the month so June is a possibility. I will probably change my mind as I get closer to the end though, especially if I get more aches and pains. Today is my 30 wk appt (my usual appt on Wednesday was not available this time) so I'll see if he can give me a guess on how she's positioned. Plus I'm curious as to when he would do a version, if it's necessary. I really hope she is vertex and stays that way though since I was told in training that athletic women don't have as much success with versions due to the tightness of the ab muscles. I'm no Olympic athlete but I did have some really strong core muscles which recently seem to be useless.
I don't want an early baby, I want a full term baby but I also don't want a 10-11 pounder! If baby gets to big they will make me have a csection and I do not want one after 2 vaginal,births. My due date is also at the end of the month the 24th and I don't want an August baby, Mama wants a ruby in the mothers ring I will be getting for Christmas this year
Old 04-25-2012, 06:44 AM   #34
Bethany89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
So at the last check Brayden was breech.. Sideways (transverse).. I wonder how I can convince him to turn I know we have lots of time but I really want a VBAC and that's won't happen with a breech baby, he already said
Old 04-25-2012, 07:27 AM   #35
regenolds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethany89 View Post
So at the last check Brayden was breech.. Sideways (transverse).. I wonder how I can convince him to turn I know we have lots of time but I really want a VBAC and that's won't happen with a breech baby, he already said
Did you check out spinningbabies.com? Lots of tips to get baby in the best position.

AFM, I had my MW appt yesterday. Everything looks good but I did have a little keytones? in my urine. I usually snack all day and hadn't eaten in a few hours so she thought it was probably that I just needed to eat. I was complaining about my weight and she reassured me that mamas who don't skimp on their weight gain have healthy babies. That's the goal! So I'll try to stop complaining. Baby is laying not quite transverse but head in my hip. My last 3 babies have done this until the end. I guess I need to get on spinningbabies.com too I always spend so much time on my hands and knees washing my floors the last few weeks. I'm looking forward to having clean floors again!
Old 04-25-2012, 11:02 AM   #36
srpettitt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So just another round of staph (MRSA...) infections at our house and I CAN'T get my 22 mo. old to take her antibiotics. She got the infection at the same time she had a primary HSV1 infection (entire mouth full of sores, inflamed and bleeding gums...aka she won't eat and we have to force her to drink). The pharmacist keeps telling me to try and bribe her w/ treats or to cover up the taste with other food....HELLO she WON'T EAT!!! At least the nurse at the Dr. office finally called back and sounded like she would try and talk to the Dr. about possible a different antibiotic that tastes and smells less awful...like the one my older daughter was prescribed. Just my own little pity party, that's all! I just don't know what else to try and I don't need this stupid staph that we keep getting to become more resistant because I can't get the meds in her! I can restrain her and get it in her mouth, but I'm at a loss on ways to get her to actually swallow it instead of spit it...if we get 1/2 a does in her instead of all over we're lucky!
Old 04-25-2012, 01:15 PM   #37
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

11 and a half weeks (plus maybe a few) for me! Time is getting short. And I'm panicking lol.

Met with my seamstress today about sewing blackouts curtains for the nursery and for DD's room. Got all the details straightened out, and now I just need to order the fabric, which I hope to do shortly!

Had two doula interviews this week. DH and I both really liked the doula yesterday, but we are not comfortable with her back up, but she said she would consider a different back-up doula. So now we need to interview her. I hope we can do that soon. I really want this decision done!

I'm also trying to attend a HypnoBirthing class, but the intensive one that is over a weekend in May meets at a time DH could only be there for part of it and when the doula we really like, who would love to attend the class with me, cannot make it. So now I'm looking into a private class.

Everything seems really complicated now. I will feel better once these decisions are made and behind me! And once sellers on Craigslist finally decide to answer my emails for a few items recently I've seen and need for the baby.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:35 PM   #38
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by srpettitt View Post
So just another round of staph (MRSA...) infections at our house and I CAN'T get my 22 mo. old to take her antibiotics. She got the infection at the same time she had a primary HSV1 infection (entire mouth full of sores, inflamed and bleeding gums...aka she won't eat and we have to force her to drink). The pharmacist keeps telling me to try and bribe her w/ treats or to cover up the taste with other food....HELLO she WON'T EAT!!! At least the nurse at the Dr. office finally called back and sounded like she would try and talk to the Dr. about possible a different antibiotic that tastes and smells less awful...like the one my older daughter was prescribed. Just my own little pity party, that's all! I just don't know what else to try and I don't need this stupid staph that we keep getting to become more resistant because I can't get the meds in her! I can restrain her and get it in her mouth, but I'm at a loss on ways to get her to actually swallow it instead of spit it...if we get 1/2 a does in her instead of all over we're lucky!
try some maalox first to coat her throat so it doesn't hurt. then i put meds in a syringe and while watching closely i let my 22 mo put it in his mouth while i sneak in and squirt it. he likes to be in control when he feels out of control i guess. when jake had hand/foot/mouth he wouldn't eat so dr told me to put 1/4 tsp of maalox mixed with 1/4 tsp benedryl (children's allergy meds) and wait for a little bit. the mixture helped not only calm him a bit but be able to put fluids and food down his throat.

hope that helps mama. i now how bad this stuff sucks!

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #39
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by srpettitt View Post
manditory disclaimer, I'm not a dr, not approved by the FDA, this isnt medical advice and whatever other disclaimer I am required to give. Just talking one mom to another.

Tumeric does wonders for MRSA, just look it up and research it a bit. And make sure you are taking a good probiotic to keep the bowel flora going. You should already be doing this with antibiotic use.

Heres some info on natural remedies people have tried for MRSA.

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/boils.html
Old 04-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #40
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We have a house of sickies here. Dh might have flu (fever, body aches, chills). Ds has roseola again. Sigh.

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote