Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-25-2012, 08:56 AM   #21
omahonycm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Once you know the gender or if you're team green

Just had my big ultrasound. It's a girl. I have very mixed feelings about this. I was pretty certain and really wanted a boy. We have a girl, and I'm afraid DH won't go for a third child, and if we did, I know I wouldn't want another girl. I wanted to know what it was like to have a son. So, I guess I'm a bit disappointed, really. What made it worse was it was an awful appointment. We waited 2.5 hours with a toddler way overdue for her nap. Then, the u/s pictures are horrible - fuzzy, blurry, and you can't see anything. And it's the last one I get. So, no pictures of this new baby girl. I think I'm struggling a lot. I might just do some research about pricing an independant place. I really really really wanted to SEE the baby, and all I can see are blurs. It makes me really sad.

Advertisement

Marie - Living my dreams! Mama to a bright and busy big girl, a sweet little toddler girl and expecting a surprise in November! If I'm not with my daughters, then I'm or doing or spending time with the husband or... what else? here on DS!
omahonycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:33 AM   #22
ajjulian
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Boy! Very mixed feelings. 4th boy (we have 1 girl). I am dying for dd to have a sister. We will only have 1 more so only more chance at girl and cute girly stuff. I am trying hard to get excited about blue. I am happy for new life and a sweet baby but def have gender disappointment.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:34 AM   #23
ajjulian
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Oops double post

Last edited by ajjulian; 04-25-2012 at 10:30 AM.
ajjulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:25 AM   #24
austinandashlynsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahonycm View Post
Just had my big ultrasound. It's a girl. I have very mixed feelings about this. I was pretty certain and really wanted a boy. We have a girl, and I'm afraid DH won't go for a third child, and if we did, I know I wouldn't want another girl. I wanted to know what it was like to have a son. So, I guess I'm a bit disappointed, really. What made it worse was it was an awful appointment. We waited 2.5 hours with a toddler way overdue for her nap. Then, the u/s pictures are horrible - fuzzy, blurry, and you can't see anything. And it's the last one I get. So, no pictures of this new baby girl. I think I'm struggling a lot. I might just do some research about pricing an independant place. I really really really wanted to SEE the baby, and all I can see are blurs. It makes me really sad.
I'm sorry it wasn't what you hoped and expected. I've had 4 now (2 with the 3d imaging) and I don't have a single good quality picture. Since I'm not small, and have an anterior placenta, mine are all blurry and show a nice big gray blob (placenta). I hope you can find somewhere affordable to go for an elective. They aren't terribly expensive around here, but I know it varies by region.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjulian View Post
Boy! Very mixed feelings. 4th boy (we have 1 girl). I am dying for dd to have a sister. We will only have 1 more so only more chance at girl and cute girly stuff. I am trying hard to get excited about blue. I am happy for new life and a sweet baby but def have gender disappointment.
Sorry for the disappointment mama. I was hoping for (and had a feeling) that this baby was a girl, but had she been a boy at ultrasound, I would probably have felt the same way. This is our last and I really wanted to experience the girly fun again.
austinandashlynsmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:27 AM   #25
JulieBeth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We are having another baby girl and are thrilled!

Always in our hearts- 8/30/11, 11 weeks 4 days & 12/16/11, 5 weeks.
JulieBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:33 AM   #26
whiteyacht
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Boy #3 otw!

---
Sent from my phone using DS Forum. Please excuse typos.
whiteyacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #27
katt42
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
What made it worse was it was an awful appointment. We waited 2.5 hours with a toddler way overdue for her nap. Then, the u/s pictures are horrible - fuzzy, blurry, and you can't see anything. And it's the last one I get. So, no pictures of this new baby girl. I think I'm struggling a lot. I might just do some research about pricing an independant place. I really really really wanted to SEE the baby, and all I can see are blurs. It makes me really sad.
Have you looked into ultrasound schools in your area? With you being in Ireland, I have no idea where to tell you to start to look. Where I am you can sign up to "volunteer" as an OB ultrasound patient for students who need more practice. One of the schools that is an hour away from me does 2D & 3D, the 3D ones let you purchase a cd/dvd of the ultrasound.

I may sign up to volunteer since I wasn't thrilled with the ultrasound I got yesterday and the machine messed up so I didn't get any pictures to take home, they are supposed to get some pics printed for me by tomorrow. We will see.

Good luck getting a better ultrasound/pictures!
katt42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #28
MrsLemon13
Registered Users

My Mood:

We just found out on Monday that we are expecting another boy. I'm still pretty disappointed but its getting better. Starting to plan out making some newborn fitteds (or smalls with my huge babies) and thinking about buying him his own special wool.
MrsLemon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #29
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Believer318 View Post
We just found out today--team blue! We have Boy, girl, boy, girl and now expecting a boy! Sooooo excited!
Quote:
Originally Posted by katt42 View Post
Found out yesterday that we are having a boy. Sad to say we were both a little disappointed since we had been told twice by different midwives that we were having a girl. So, we weren't expecting a change in gender when we went in. Now I am trying to educate myself on everything boy.
Congrats!! Can both of you let me know your due dates, your first name, and what #baby this is for you (plus angels ifyou'd like to include it). Right now i just put you both in Sept 1st but want to have the right info :-)

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:25 AM   #30
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
We waited 2.5 hours with a toddler way overdue for her nap. Then, the u/s pictures are horrible - fuzzy, blurry, and you can't see anything. And it's the last one I get. So, no pictures of this new baby girl. I think I'm struggling a lot. I might just do some research about pricing an independant place. I really really really wanted to SEE the baby, and all I can see are blurs. It makes me really sad.

I completely understand. My big ultrasound (though we already knew the sex) was horrible. I wanted to pretty much cry through the entire thing. The lady wasn't nice, the screen was a fuzz, which I had to lay almost angled to even see the screen on the wall behind her head. A girl was learning did most of the ultrasound, and by the time she was done taking measurements, the baby flipped over, so I didn't even get a profile shot of the baby. My husband came with me and he was clear across the room (no where for him to be able to be close to me) and when we first walked in the two girls were on FB for like 3-4 mintues looking at pictures of people. My husband said it was awful, so I know it wasn't just pregnancy emotions. I hope you can find a place affordable to get an ultrasound done so you can see your sweet little girl.

ETA: I wonder how great of measurements really were the girl took (once again learning) because I had an early ultrasound and the baby was measuring a week and 2 days ahead, and at the ultrasound on Monday I was measuring behind my expected due date by almost a week.

Last edited by champatlife; 04-26-2012 at 10:26 AM.
champatlife is offline   Reply With Quote