Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #11
eli'smama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Hospital Stay?

With my 1st I had NO complications and was up and moving around, eating, doing everything myself within 24 hours so I just dont see the point in staying the 3-4 nights that they want me too. The oncall weekend Dr. let me leave after the 2 days because I was doing so well and so uncomfortable in the hospital. So I hope that it goes that well this time

If I need to stay longer I will but I am having alot of anxiety about leaving DS (it will be our 1st time apart EVER... the longest we have ever been apart is 8 hours). Also the rooms at my hospital are labor/delivery/postpartum rooms so you stay in the same room the whole time and the delivery bed is SO uncomfortable for sleeping so between that and being a very light sleeper I got no rest the whole time I was there.

I am just nervous about leaving DS, not getting any rest while in the hospital, and the c/s in general as my last one was a nightmare (during not after). Its causing some anxiety so I need to talk to my OB about it again at my appt Monday and try to get more definate answers from him!

Advertisement

Old 04-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #12
beaute_marquee
Registered Users

My Mood:
I was sectioned on a Friday and they sent me home on Monday.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:45 AM   #13
Lovinmama3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With DS1 I stayed 4 nights (1 was before my c-section though - failed pit induction). With DS2 I only stayed 2 nights, 3 days though.
Hopefully with this LO I'll say 2-3 nights. I might like being about to spend quality alone time with the newborn before he/she is brought home to the madness of having 3 under 3yo.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #14
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

3 nights with DD1 and 4 nights with DD2 (DD2 was in the NICU and I was sobbing hysterically when the nurse came to check on me, so my doctor got me an extra night.)
Old 04-26-2012, 07:43 AM   #15
I_am_Blessed
Registered Users
Formerly: Beth's_Mommy
seller
seller

First c-section was an induction Friday morning resulting in emergency c/s at 5:30 pm. Went home Sunday around 2. Second was planned c/s Friday around 1:45, went home Sunday at 10. This time will be a new dr./hospital, and a scheduled c/s Friday at 7:30, and my Dr. Says if there's no complications for me or baby, we'll go home Sunday afternoon/Monday morning at latest.

Rooms service and help provided, I still prefer being home relaxing in my own bed, so I like leaving as soon as possible.

Mama to 3, soon-to-be-4

I_am_Blessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:00 AM   #16
amandajiggles
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had my c-section Wednesday night, left the hospital Friday at 11pm after 3 days in the hospital for observation then induction. I could have left on Thursday but DD had to have an U/S and see the pediatrician so she would have had to stay. No way was I leaving. Once I had my shower Thursday afternoon I was a new person. I also had a ped appt. the following Monday and my midwives do home visits for the first month so the doctor was okay with me leaving since I would have medical attention if needed.
amandajiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:24 AM   #17
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

My section was an emergency under general anesthesia on Sunday morning, and I was discharged on Wednesday afternoon. When they told me Tuesday morning that I'd be going home the next day, I thought it was too soon, but I felt a little better on Wednesday.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:44 AM   #18
austinandashlynsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I stayed 3 nights with my first and 2 nights with the next 2. The policy where I deliver is 2 nights are required, a third night is optional and most insurance will cover it. My third night with ds was because my blood pressure was high so they kept me for observation. I'm seriously considering a third night when this baby is born but I don't know if I'll be able to stay away from my other 'babies' that long. They can come visit every day, but that's just not the same as being at home with them.
austinandashlynsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:58 AM   #19
jac1976
Registered Users
seller

I stayed about 36 hours with my first. DS was born via emergency c/s on a Tuesday night at about 10:30 (I wasn't in labor and had DS only about an hour after arriving at the hospital) and transferred to a NICU in a different hospital. My docs discharged me first thing Thursday morning so I could see my son as long as I promised to return to have the staples taken out and have my incision checked.

I had DD on a Tuesday at noon (scheduled c/s) and the doc came by on Thursday afternoon and was willing to discharge me (and I was ready to go), but DD was having issues with her temp, so the ped wanted her to stay an extra day. She and I were discharged together first thing Friday morning.