Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #11
kp1721
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: HOw to wean a resistant baby

My DD was born the day before yours...she has been a terror nursing the past week and a half (screaming, biting, hitting, etc.) and I don't even have any milk left because I'm expecting and dried up a few months back...I just noticed that she is getting molars. I think she's just so uncomfortable and doesn't know anything other than nursing to help her through this. Is there any way your DS might have something similar going on (new teeth)?

Advertisement

Kristin: Mommy to Liam (8/2008), Megan (12/2010), Baby #3 (due 10/2012)
Wife to Chris (USAF stationed in Hawaii)
kp1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 03:19 AM   #12
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.
Re: HOw to wean a resistant baby

He does have molars coming in. But I also think my milk is drying up I am pregnant as well.

When I pumped while I was in the hospital I was getting under 10 ml. Like when I first started nursing and had to do the pump, fenugreek suppliment route.

He has nursed 3 times without biting now. So I am trying to get him to the point of sleeping on his own and sleeping through. I do not mind nursing a few times a day, if I do not have to lay in bed with him anytime he sleeps.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:21 PM   #13
emkeegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenajean1
DS is not nursing consistantly. Mostly at nap or bed time, otherwise he just comes up to me randomly. And any time he wakes up at night he wants to nurse, but it is random.

He used to be such a good baby, but him down and he would sleep, nursed at 1 am and 5 am. Then I brought him into bed and have spent half my day in bed because he will not sleep alone now, or loosing sleep because he is waking all night long and wanting to nurse.

I feel like I lost control. There are times I love to cuddle, but I cannot handle being in bed all nap times, or going to bed at 7 pm each nights. I have no me time, no time with dh.
I feel your pain!! My DS went through a phase like that. I don't know if it will help you, but your LO will grow out of it!!

He is old enough now for you to talk to him & he'll understand: "when you bite mommy, it hurts me." "If you continue, boobies go away for now" "It makes me feel sad and frustrated when you bite me" etc. my DS is 20 months & a few months ago I used some of these same tactics & it's really worked - he does nurse to sleep, but it takes 10 minutes & I can leave him sleeping in bed on his own.

Also, he will sleep longer and harder (increasing your chances of being able to go have some "me" time) if he's exhausted - so get him running around outside.

Could DH tried putting LO to sleep?

Sounds like you just need to get out of the house on your own - get some space & perspective & some 'me' time. You will feel refreshed & have a better idea of what you need to do in your situation.